Musical number in episode 304?

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
Anyone else expecting one? They did it in 104 and 204.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I want to see another music number, but they should put it in any other episode, so it won't be expected.
  • edited April 2010
    Wait a second, doesn't the friendly demon song in 201 count as a musical number?
  • edited April 2010
    A cabaret with dozens of cloned Sams will be nice.
  • edited April 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    Wait a second, doesn't the friendly demon song in 201 count as a musical number?

Not really, it's played from a disc, so it's not really a number like the War Song or the Mariachi Song.

Yeah, a Sam clone army singing would be fun!
  • edited April 2010
    Randulf wrote: »

*imagines it in her mind*

I-It's beautiful.
  • edited April 2010
    The Teddy Bear song does count, right?
  • edited April 2010
    What? Are you saying the Chest is really really great and awesome from The Penal Zone doesn't count? :D
  • edited April 2010

I second that :3
  • edited April 2010
    Now I want this...
  • edited April 2010
    The Teddy Bear song does count, right?

And useful to boot does also count. I love the songs from the first season.:)
  • edited April 2010
    Mike Stemmle is directing 304, so... :p
  • edited April 2010
    Diduz wrote: »
    Mike Stemmle is directing 304, so... :p

Realy I heard it was 303.:confused:
  • edited April 2010
    no they already did the musical number in the first one :P the mole song lol
  • edited April 2010

Yes please.
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe a song and dance routine from the Great Cthulhu lookalike
  • edited April 2010
    I want a sultry, cabaret singer, in a 40's inspired supper club, to sing an haunting, yet hilarious torch song to Sam while Max attacks the bouncer, who's trying to throw them out, in the background. I'd also like for the singer to be Jurgen dressed as Marlene Dietrich, but I'm willing to be flexible about that.
  • edited April 2010
    The mole song was my favourite part of the episode!
    "Wow, the musical numbers have really gone downhill since last season."
  • edited April 2010
    ...Sam Clone Cabaret or Yadda will pull a Max (or does Max pull a Yadda whenever he goes nuts... Interesting thought) and gnaw some faces.
  • edited April 2010

I wonder if the Real Sam will join in...
  • edited April 2010
    I wonder what the lyrics would be... probably lots of huge samisms!
  • edited April 2010
    I'm not sure if the Ted E Bear and Useful to Boot songs count, not because they aren't musical numbers cause they are, and good ones at that, but because to hear them full you had to keep clicking, which means you could actually not hear them at all.

The War Song and the Mariachi song was part of the plot though and so had to be heard.
  • edited April 2010
    I was expecting a musical number where a mock bit of the Chordettes tell Max that he is now more powerful than the Force, in a hilarious but catchy musical theme that lasts 3 minutes.
  • edited April 2010
    Beyond the Valley of the Dolls is a 1970 American schlock melodrama film starring Dolly Read, Cynthia Myers, Erica Gavin, Edy Williams, Marcia McBroom, John LaZar, and Michael Blodgett. Directed by Russ Meyer and co-written by Meyer and Roger Ebert, the film is considered a cult classic.
    -wikipedia
  • edited April 2010
    I'm going to be highly disappointed if we don't get at least one musical number. :(
  • edited April 2010
    I'm going to be highly disappointed if we don't get at least one musical number. :(

The Molemen have already done such things. And the song is only good if you're shoving glass through a blender and then grinding it at top speed.
  • edited April 2010
    I will be sorely disappointed if Stemmle doesn't get to write that musical episode.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the Ted E Bear and Useful to Boot songs count, not because they aren't musical numbers cause they are, and good ones at that, but because to hear them full you had to keep clicking, which means you could actually not hear them at all.

The War Song and the Mariachi song was part of the plot though and so had to be heard.

Both Bear and Boot could be heard in the end credits of these episodes - no clicking necessary. So, I'd say, they count as songs. Nonetheless, you might well argue, these songs did not have a proper "music video". :D
  • edited April 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    -wikipedia

melodrama is not nessecarily music. you should WIKIPEDIA melodrama.
  • edited April 2010
    melodrama is not nessecarily music. you should WIKIPEDIA melodrama.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The theatrical genre of melodrama uses theme-music to manipulate the spectator's emotional response and to denote character types. The term combines "melody" (from the Greek "melōidía", meaning "song") and "drama" (Classical Greek: δράμα, dráma; meaning "action").

I only cared to read the first sentence, though. Yes, I know, it's not necessarily big musical number scene-related, but it at least suggests some musical elements. Also, the title of 304 is a reference to a movie about a rock band.
  • edited April 2010
    still, id much prefer TWO musical numbers in two seperate episodes. makes it a bit more interesting!
  • edited April 2010
    that would be nice. If they did one of Samisms I would want them to sound like that one Dunkin Donuts commercial.

You know the one: perhaps Fritallian.
  • edited April 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I will be sorely disappointed if Stemmle doesn't get to write that musical episode.

EpisodesEpisode Release date

"The Penal Zone" April 2, 2010 / April 15, 2010
    Notes:
    Designed and written by Chuck Jordan

"The Tomb of Sammun-Muk" May 2010
    Notes:
    Designed and written by Andy Hartzell and Brendan Q. Ferguson

"They Stole Max's Brain!" June 2010
    Notes:
    Designed by Joe Pinney
    Written by Michael Stemmle

"Beyond the Alley of the Dolls" July 2010
    Notes:
    Designed by Michael Stemmle
    Written by Joe Pinney

"The City that Dares Not Sleep" TBD
    Notes:
    Designed and written by Chuck Jordan
  • edited April 2010
    My position still stands.
  • edited April 2010
    "They Stole Max's Brain!" June 2010
    Notes:
    Designed by Joe Pinney
    Written by Michael Stemmle

"Beyond the Alley of the Dolls" July 2010
    Notes:
    Designed by Michael Stemmle
    Written by Joe Pinney
    Mike is lead writer for both 303 and 304.

And wherever that list came from (I'm guessing a wiki?) it'd be good to list directors, since that's a bigger title in this series than it has been in the past. 301: Me and Nick Herman, 302: Andy Hartzell, 303: Joe Pinney, 304: Dennis Lenart, 305: Derek Sakai.
  • edited May 2010
    Getting back on track...

Make it happen, TellTale. Make it happen NOW! THE INTERNETS DEMANDS IT!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Chuck wrote: »
    Mike is lead writer for both 303 and 304.

And wherever that list came from (I'm guessing a wiki?) it'd be good to list directors, since that's a bigger title in this series than it has been in the past. 301: Me and Nick Herman, 302: Andy Hartzell, 303: Joe Pinney, 304: Dennis Lenart, 305: Derek Sakai.

Done and done.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.