Official Petition for the Sam Clones Musical Number

In another thread, this one, to be precise, the question was raised as to whether or not we would get a big, splashy musical number this season as we did in seasons one and two. And, in answer to that, our own Randulf suggested what is quite possibly the greatest idea yet: "A cabaret with dozens of cloned Sams will be nice."

Ladies and gentlemen, we would be remiss if we let this brilliant idea go by without a second thought. Nay, I say we must make this concept known to the higher ups of Telltale Games and DEMAND that season three give us a Sam clones musical number! Who's with me?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I should make a load of alternate accounts and just post in this thread to up the count and make it known to the higher ups.
  • edited May 2010
    I have pondered this for some time.

On the one hand, I'm torn between whether I would find this turn of events simply wondrous or simply disturbing. (Not mentioning "hilarious" here, since that's pretty much a given.)

Then I thought, "Hell, why not both at the same time?"

"Both," of course, being totally appropriate when it comes to Sam & Max.

SIGNED.
  • edited May 2010
    I hate to break it to you, but if it hasn't already been arranged, then I don't think they'll be able to do it.
  • edited May 2010
    I think deciding we want a certain thing ruins it. If we know its coming it would the randomness of the musical number and would lose the effect it would have when we see it.
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe something silly as an extra feature for the DVD?
  • edited May 2010
    Signed! Short + Sweet = ???
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe he uses a clone machine for some reason and they're introduced by a musical number?
  • edited May 2010
    Or it could be a nightmare of Max's.

Signed.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm in, but only if the clones play the banjo as well.

An max could be in the background on the bagpipe :eek:
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2010
    I wanted a carefully planned story-arc spanning the entire season...

...you guys just want chaos. :D :D :D
  • edited May 2010
    I wanted a carefully planned story-arc spanning the entire season...

...you guys just want chaos. :D :D :D

You say that as though we can't have both. This IS Sam & Max we're talking about here.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2010
    You say that as though we can't have both. This IS Sam & Max we're talking about here.

I say let Majus do it.
  • edited May 2010
    I say let Majus do it.

That would be awesome in its own way. And far more plausible, unless through some serendipitous form of fandom telepathy coincidence, Telltale were already in the process of planning something akin to our request in-game. (Even better, Majus & Co. have already created one musically-themed short for Telltale. Hmm ... )

Anyway, I wouldn't really be disappointed if the cloned Sam cabaret never happened, one way or another. It'd just be an amazing thing to see. Thus, my support. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Signed.
    Max: Oh,no! NOT ANOTHER STUPID MUSICAL NUMBER! Lemme at 'em, Sam!
    Sam: Not now, little buddy.
  • edited May 2010
    Signed. I really want to hear what they could come up with
  • edited May 2010
    I don't like this petition. I think Telltale should do with the game what they think fits.
    If they start putting every insane fan's idea into the game it would just become a collection of random stuff to please the fans.
    That being said, they should totally put the guy squashed between two buildings in there.

I actually hope they have an intro that seems to be leading up to a Sam's Clones musical number and then cut it off. Just to smite the fans.
  • edited May 2010
    I think if they don't have a place for it in the game, they should release a video of The War Song with Superball's model replaced by Sam's.
  • edited May 2010
    Why clones?
  • edited May 2010
    Because they appear in 304...

SIGNED!
  • edited May 2010
    Because they appear in 304...
    Says who?
  • edited May 2010
    Four identical characters who look exactly like Sam appear in the character lineup, and either Sam or one of those characters appears on the icon for 304. Since all the other characters on the icon are new, it's pretty easy to come to the conclusion that the clones or whatever they are appear in 304.
  • edited May 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Four identical characters who look exactly like Sam appear in the character lineup, and either Sam or one of those characters appears on the icon for 304. Since all the other characters on the icon are new, it's pretty easy to come to the conclusion that the clones or whatever they are appear in 304.

Where did you find icons? The only one I can see is the PZ one.
  • edited May 2010
    I think they're in the trailer, when the narrator talks about five monthly episodes.
  • edited May 2010
    I think they're in the trailer, when the narrator talks about five monthly episodes.

Holy jumpin' beans!
  • edited May 2010
    What character lineup? Are you referring to that picture of silouettes with Skunk Ape up front in the trailer?

...I thought those were robot dogs.
  • edited May 2010
    http://vip.telltalegames.com/files/thedevilsplayhouse/keyart/charactershots.psd

Save as ^ otherwise it will just lead you to gibberish...

EDIT, or just look here, I upped the brightness by alot and made it JPG:
    http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/07-081020L/3233/jpg/05/2010/img6/glowfoto
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe he uses a clone machine for some reason and they're introduced by a musical number?

The chance for a musical number with yourself seems like reason enough.
  • edited May 2010
    OK, I see it now(can't see the diapers when it's just shadows, heh).

...but now I'm afraid I've been spoiled. After the name of the previous villain(Skunk Ape)...I now think I know the name of a future character...
    Fat A(u)nt
  • edited May 2010
    If you mean who I think you mean, it's a cockroach, not an ant...
  • edited May 2010
    Are you sure?
  • edited May 2010
    Whoah! I just noticed Giant Max there!
  • edited May 2010
    Signed
  • edited May 2010
    Hubert wrote: »
    Are you sure?
    Yes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.