This has Probably been asked but..

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
I heard something about a surprise for the pc version? What's that about. and something about a secret power. or is that the surprise?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Don't take my word for it, but I heard rumors that it was going to be something like the treasure hunt we had in ToMI. I've yet to hear anything about a new psychic power.
  • edited May 2010
    Where did you hear it? Do you hear about it on these forums?
  • edited May 2010
    The bonus power is Nutri-Specs. You can get it in the PS3 version but not PC at the moment.
  • edited May 2010
    But I'm pretty sure there'll be a surprise/bonus for the PC users:
    langley wrote: »
    The PC version may have more bonus content than you know. Stay tuned.
    Jake wrote: »
    For instance, I agree with ATMachine that its odd that nothing was said about the NutriSpecs for PC at all even while PS3 players are using them. If our plan all along had been "don't give PC users nutrispecs," we could have at least answered for that, had our reasons, and taken our lumps. Instead, we had something that we thought was far cooler than the PS3 unlock system for PC users, but we went wholly silent on it, and also failed to actually put up the content teasing that it would exist until well after people had already played through their PS3 copies multiple times with the unlock. That's sloppy, and something we could easily fix in the future.
  • edited May 2010
    And with 302 in sight, still nothin'.
    Here's hoping for 16 May (as that site indicates), 2 days before The Tomb.
  • edited May 2010
    What site? I've been hearing people throw "the 16th" around, but I haven't been able to find what they're referring to. Unless this is the 516 in 516vision being interpreted as 5/16, in which case, that sounds like a bit of a stretch.
  • edited May 2010
    What site? I've been hearing people throw "the 16th" around, but I haven't been able to find what they're referring to. Unless this is the 516 in 516vision being interpreted as 5/16, in which case, that sounds like a bit of a stretch.

Especially since 5/16 is a Sunday.
  • edited May 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    The bonus power is Nutri-Specs. You can get it in the PS3 version but not PC at the moment.

I doubt the special power we get every Episode will be Nutrition Specs. My hunch, each Episode we complete a new super secret power becomes unlocked.
  • edited May 2010
    What is 516vison, where is anyone getting that.
  • edited May 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    What is 516vison, where is anyone getting that.

Link.
  • edited May 2010
    Unless this is the 516 in 516vision being interpreted as 5/16, in which case, that sounds like a bit of a stretch.
    Yeah.
    But with 302 in sight I kind of wonder why we still don't got them for 301, after all they were intended to be in the PC version too, no?...
  • edited May 2010
    nikasaur wrote: »
    Ganon159 is closest to the full story, the phone number was part of a large ARG-style project that didn't go through, and the current 516vision.com project has some... technical difficulties. Have you guys been calling in with testimonials? I can't wait to hear 'em!

Basically, the reason the PC doesn't have the Nutrispecs yet is because they were supposed to be distributed through an alternate reality game that the staff had problems getting off the ground. It's still supposed to happen, but it's heavily delayed.
  • edited May 2010
    Basically, the reason the PC doesn't have the Nutrispecs yet is because they were supposed to be distributed through an alternate reality game that the staff had problems getting off the ground. It's still supposed to happen, but it's heavily delayed.

Alternate reality Toy, eh? I was wondering if an alternate world would leak into ours. I wonder what kind of awesome Toys of Power are in that alternate universe... Maybe the Toys there are; fruit... Fruit of Power!!!!

Raspberries that let Max blast holes in people's heads! Oranges that make you blind due to psychic citrus. The possibilities are endless!
  • edited May 2010
    Melons of gender-bending 0_0...
  • edited May 2010
    I thought they were doing something with the people who called, and so they were waiting for more people to call and leave messages, and that those who had called would get special prizes.
    Or something.

Then I thought, it might not be fair to people from across the world. Being an Internet company does mean they have customers who can't afford to call them.
  • edited May 2010
    I have a friend with a Paid Skype account, because he works at proyect ALMA from Chile. Maybe I can do something with that O.O

(Now I'm thinking about it...)
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, Skype could work. My sister uses it because she's working/living in a wholly different country (at the other side of the world) and calling us in any other way would be expensive.

But it would be so much work just to make a fool of myself infront of TTG...
  • edited May 2010
    But it would be so much work just to make a fool of myself infront of TTG...

You mean, compared to post in the forum?
  • edited May 2010
    I just can't call if I know I'm going to have to leave a message (or sometime, even if it's only a risk). It stresses me out. Even if they were handing free dates with all the staff to everyone who calls I wouldn't be able to do it.

But everyone else, please do! You ight get something from it. And even if you don't, maybe they'll keep the messages and use them for something so we can all hear them!
  • edited May 2010
    Well, that's not much work is it?

EDIT:
    ^ Maybe we get to hear them as answers to Sam's phone calls the whole season ;P.
  • edited May 2010
    ^ Maybe we get to hear them as answers to Sam's phone calls the whole season ;P.

when they enter to the toy store? I was thinking about that!
  • edited May 2010
    Or, like GTA IV, we get constantly called...
    But then by creepy TTG fans instead of Roman.
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    when they enter to the toy store? I was thinking about that!

Oooh, maybe there is an answering machine in the toy store and when you listen to messages you get those left by forumites.
  • edited May 2010
    I have it! The PC version will have a new bonus thing on 5/16, hence the 516 vision.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    I have it! The PC version will have a new bonus thing on 5/16, hence the 516 vision.

From the green and toothy mouth of the nikasaur herself:
    nikasaur wrote: »
    Does it ruin the fun if I mention the 516 doesn't actually mean anything?

It's just the area code in the phone number, 516-847-4661 (516-VIS-ION-1).

OR SO IT WOULD SEEM o_O
  • edited May 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    Don't take my word for it, but I heard rumors that it was going to be something like the treasure hunt we had in ToMI. I've yet to hear anything about a new psychic power.

I was thinking there would be a treasure hunt, too.

The Egyptian-y :rolleyes: theme The Tomb of Sammun-Mak and the pharaoh's treasure exhibit combined with the words "coming soon" seem to validate the rumor.

SM_billboard.jpg

I guess we'll find out soon enough :D
  • edited May 2010
    The Egyptian-y :rolleyes: theme The Tomb of Sammun-Mak and the pharaoh's treasure exhibit combined with the words "coming soon" seem to validate the rumor.

You meant their "pharoah" treasure? :p
    I'm still wondering if it's a mistake they made or a pun I'm not getting.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    You meant their "pharoah" treasure? :p
    I'm still wondering if it's a mistake they made or a pun I'm not getting.

I think it was a deliberate mistake ;)

TTG seems to take pleasure in torturing us with their wonderfully annoying clues. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
  • edited May 2010
    Coming soon probably means we go there. 303 most likely... if not already in 302.
  • edited May 2010
    I just notice I can do a free sample call using Skype, and, for some reason, appears the number is not avaiable. What's up?
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    From the green and toothy mouth of the nikasaur herself:

It's just the area code in the phone number, 516-847-4661 (516-VIS-ION-1).

OR SO IT WOULD SEEM o_O

It does ruin everything, 5 minutes of thinking totally wasted. :(
  • edited May 2010
    It does ruin everything, 5 minutes of thinking totally wasted. :(

It's still better than not think. Train neurons
  • edited May 2010
    Well, if we do get something for calling, at least I've owned up to "Have you checked the baby?" That said, I doubt it. I think the main purpose of the phone number was to point us to 516vision.com as part of the ARG, and the message-leaving capability was just for fun.

Now, what I've been wondering is where the phone number came from.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, if we do get something for calling, at least I've owned up to "Have you checked the baby?" That said, I doubt it. I think the main purpose of the phone number was to point us to 516vision.com as part of the ARG, and the message-leaving capability was just for fun.

Now, what I've been wondering is where the phone number came from.

Vision because it's future vision, 516 because the store is located in New York in game and therefore in real life too?
  • edited May 2010
    No, I know that, I meant where the number was discovered. I didn't hear about a phone number until the thread was started.
  • edited May 2010
    The 516 page was discovered by clicking on whatever Sam's holding on the Sam & Max page. The phone number comes from the fake commercials for FutureVision (I forgot where the other two are).
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    The phone number comes from the fake commercials for FutureVision (I forgot where the other two are).

Joystiq and GameTrailers.com. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Ah, thanks!
  • edited May 2010
    That would be beyond bizarre, and awesome...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.