Strange text issue with season 2 mac

edited May 2010 in Game Support
well, all the text in the game is extremely rough, i'm not sure how to explain it, so i'll show you a picture instead;

518upw.png

do you see it? its all very odd. all the text in the game is like this.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    i've only installed episode 1 so far, so i'll update with news on further episodes regarding this issue. cheers!

episode 2 - same issue. blocky text. also, theres a bug which misrenders the buildings at the edges of the screen in the opening sequence. very strange. turns them inside out when they go from being onscreen to being offscreen. I've stopped downloading the other episodes for now. problem will likely persist through all the episodes.

Could be a problem with antialiasing? there seems to be a lack of it in season 2 at the moment, which is odd, because TOMI had extremely smooth edges.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Odd. I'll pass word along and see what (if anything) can be done. I don't think it's an anti-aliasing issue (anti-aliasing is generally about smoothing/blending at the edges of geometry, and the text is texture-based), but obviously something isn't being smoothed in some way.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    The disappearing building thing is a bit baffling. I have seen it once in 204 but nowhere else and I couldn't for the life of me rind a good way to reproduce it. Grar! It's just so weird!
  • edited May 2010
    well, i seem to have reproduced it in 202, if its of any consolation :)
  • edited May 2010
    Same text issue, and lack of anti-aliasing… any idea ?

(by the way, V_Ben, your picture is very, very big… maybe you should put a link instead…)
  • edited May 2010
    Yohmi wrote: »
    Same text issue, and lack of better-than-point-sampling texture filtering… any idea ?
    Fixed.
This discussion has been closed.