OMG! I just realized something!

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
I just noticed something just then!

Sam looks exactly the same as Sammeth! If you take away his moustauche and change his hat, he looks exactly the same!!!!!!

Like wtf!!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Shit, I think he's right!!
    How did you figure it out?!

(and now I know that old sam's name is sammeth. Damn you, spoilers! Damn you, Valve!)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2010
    I find these groundless speculations insulting and repellent. Before Sammeth actually shaves off his beard, there is no basis for comparing him and Sam. This is an assumption for conspiracy nuts, frankly. Next you'll suggest that Maximus looks like Max if he takes off his pullover. Unbelievable.
  • edited May 2010
    Look, Telltale's artists put in a powerful family resemblance, I'll give you that. But to suggest that they just changed up the clothes a bit and slapped some facial hair on? That's preposterous. You're just filling in the blanks of the facial hair and clothing with familiar details. Pareidolia at its best, obviously. Nothing to see here, folks.
  • edited May 2010
    Bullshit.
  • edited May 2010
    I think we can attribute this to the cheap remodeling that we saw an abundance of in ToMI. It really doesn't mean they are related or whatsoever. Plus as already added to the discussion, Sammeth does have a moustache and his name isn't even Sam so...
  • edited May 2010
    Hasn't TTG learned anything from ToMI? There they had, like, only 2 models: tall pirate, chubby pirate. Again, here: two models (a large dog and a smaller bunny). And of course recycling of season 2 models. Damn you lazy TTG!
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »

Sam looks exactly the same as Sammeth! If you take away his moustauche and change his hat, he looks exactly the same!!!!!!

Like wtf!!

Really? NOOOOOOOOOO.
  • edited May 2010
    [dramatic music]No! No! For the love of God, NO![/dramatic music]
  • edited May 2010
    For somebody brand new to Sam & Max, I think that they might actually think that the posters in this thread are serious :D.
  • edited May 2010
    LIES! THEY'RE ALL LIES!
    *runs frantically out the door waving arms in the air*
  • edited May 2010
    Oh god, oh man, oh god, oh man! Oh god, oh man!
  • edited May 2010
    Next you'll be saying the Soda Poppers dress alike.
  • edited May 2010
    Hatley wrote: »
    Next you'll be saying the Soda Poppers dress alike.

Now, no need to go that far.
  • edited May 2010
    And then you'll say that those gumball machines in season 1 were just the same gumball machine with different coloured insides!
  • edited May 2010
    i don't see any resemblence at all. completely different people! you have no idea what your talking about
  • edited May 2010
    TTG make whole new models for Sameth and Maximus and then the rabble here doesn't appreciate it.

Tsk. They probably would have wanted TTG to use Season 2 Sam&Max instead of alternative versions of Sameth and Maximus for Sam & Max?
  • edited May 2010
    Really? I don't see it.
  • edited May 2010
    These tags are getting ruder...
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »

Like wtf!!

Sarcasm isn't very nice when it's against Sam & Max. Or in this case Sameth & Maximus.
  • edited May 2010
    What do you mean, sarcasm? I couldn't detect a single drip of sarcasm.
  • edited May 2010
    You couldn't? It was oozing off like a slimy green ghost! That post was dripping with it! DRIPPING WITH IT!
  • edited May 2010
    So, you could detect sarcasm in the OP, but when I do it, it flies past you?
  • edited May 2010
    I don't know, I have no idea what an OP is.
  • edited May 2010
    Original Post
  • edited May 2010
    Ohh.

Yeah in Fury's post, it was sarcasm. Not many people can actually see sarcasm in text; I'm gifted.
  • edited May 2010
    really? i see it all the time. we need a new letter to indicate sarcasm...
  • edited May 2010
    Someone should make a F13 button that scans text and highlights sarcasm.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Someone should make a F13 button that scans text and highlights sarcasm.

I need to learn what the first twelve do, first!

Actually, now they have little symbols, so its not that hard...
  • edited May 2010
    I need to learn what the first twelve do, first!

Actually, now they have little symbols, so its not that hard...

They make no sense, though. But I do know F1 is a help key for your computer and F5 refreshes the page. But lord only knows what F2-12 are.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm pretty sure that Sam and Max would assume that sarcasm is located in Russia somewhere...
  • edited May 2010
    There is a sarcasm mark. I think it's really useful because everybody knows what it looks likemark.png
  • edited May 2010
    F11 makes my Internet go full screen.
  • edited May 2010
    I associate F2 with starting a new game and F3 with pausing, but I don't remember why. And alt+F4 is quit, of course.
  • edited May 2010
    F2 for me makes my computer go to sleep, and if you do ctrl+F-? you can do something in Photoshop or other.
  • edited May 2010
    Lay's contain potatoes.
  • edited May 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Lay's contain potatoes.

Lays are no longer sold in Australia. Now they're Smith's Thins. Before it was Lays for the thin ones, and Smith Chips for the crinkly ones.
  • edited May 2010
    That's sounds.... harsh.

I eat Lay's in Turkey (and probably the ONLY brand that sells thinly sliced potatoes) but it tries to empathize with the farmers and always be bragging about how fresh and natural their potatoes taste and crap like that. The package even has a farm picture on it.

Still it pays the price of, well, actually having it under the name of Lay's. Because it sounds way more awesome than Smith's. Smith's sounds more like cookies for tea time at 5-o'clock, ain't I right gentlemen?
  • edited May 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    That's sounds.... harsh.

I eat Lay's in Turkey (and probably the ONLY brand that sells thinly sliced potatoes) but it tries to empathize with the farmers and always be bragging about how fresh and natural their potatoes taste and crap like that. The package even has a farm picture on it.

Still it pays the price of, well, actually having it under the name of Lay's. Because it sounds way more awesome than Smith's. Smith's sounds more like cookies for tea time at 5-o'clock, ain't I right gentlemen?

.. Is a post about potato chips really necessary?
  • edited May 2010
    There is a sarcasm mark. I think it's really useful because everybody knows what it looks likemark.png

Would that mean all Spanish-speaking people are really being sarcastic when they act surprised?
  • edited May 2010
    ¡Madre de Dios! Now I can never be excited or surprised in spanish again!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.