Are molemen the new Soda Poppers?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    they have a reason to be in this season. They are not showing up randomly.

What would be lost if they weren't mole people and were instead new characters?
  • edited May 2010
    You are a speciest.They are new characters and you denied it because they aren't human.
  • edited May 2010
    I haven't played the complete game, but I think the molemen are great characters, specialy by how they are portrayed as the Sam & max-version of gypsies. Also, making some of the most pathetic type of characters in the franchise the keepers of one of the most powerful forces in the known universe is quite clever...
  • edited May 2010
    Harry Moleman just rubs me the wrong way completley

I bet if he were real he'd smell of cabbage...
  • edited May 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    What would be lost if they weren't mole people and were instead new characters?
    Just because they're the same species as a previous character doesn't mean they're not new characters themselves.

Anyway, I like the molemen, and I don't understand why people keep using "pointless" as a synonym for "thing I didn't like".
  • edited May 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Just because they're the same species as a previous character doesn't mean they're not new characters themselves.

Anyway, I like the molemen, and I don't understand why people keep using "pointless" as a synonym for "thing I didn't like".

To me, it's just kind of irritating that there seem to be hundreds of molemen running around, and like, 5 humans ever.
  • edited May 2010
    I have reflected upon my opinions and no longer hate the molemen, sorry for the inconvenient, but probably entertaining, time period this thread has run through.
  • edited May 2010
    The Moles are similar to the Soda Poppers in this way for me;they're kinda annoying, but still very funny.
  • edited May 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Harry Moleman just rubs me the wrong way completley

I bet if he were real he'd smell of cabbage...

No he wouldn't, he smell more like cucumber.
  • edited May 2010
    No he wouldn't, he smell more like cucumber.

Better noy be cut lengthwise
  • edited May 2010
    I think that the Molemen are the new soda poppers in the way that they are suposed to be annoying and I like them.
  • edited May 2010
    I love Harry Moleman, but the mole-people in 302 just won't do -- their long winded unfunny jokes (the mole woman's "cut-a-cucumber-lengthwise" skit. I can see that her unfunniness is the whole point, but I'm not amused) and their tendency to repeat things (the two doors). Mole Grandpa is cool though.
  • edited May 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    I love Harry Moleman, but the mole-people in 302 just won't do -- their long winded unfunny jokes (the mole woman's "cut-a-cucumber-lengthwise" skit. I can see that her unfunniness is the whole point, but I'm not amused) and their tendency to repeat things (the two doors). Mole Grandpa is cool though.

It's unfortunate that you feel that way. To me Nefertiti was the bomb!
  • edited May 2010
    I like the other mole men better than Harry.
  • Falanca wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that you feel that way. To me Nefertiti was the bomb!

Actually, if you are referring to Mole Woman, her name was revealed to be Natasha. I myself love the Sammun-Mak mole people. Natasha the Mole Woman has some attitude, and I love her lines (especially her reading of the comics, and "wumpire.") Nefertiti is a riot, and I loved Grandpa Moleman's story. Benny the Mole Man's not bad, especially his response to being told Nefertiti has a crush on the dummy.

What I'm curious about is their relationship to Harry, Jebediah, and Obadiah. Are any of them related to the 1901 Molemen. Also, I've never played Season 2, but were there any new mole men in that one. If there weren't, that would explain the current debate. It would seem like too much, too late in the series.
  • edited May 2010
    Also, I've never played Season 2, but were there any new mole men in that one. If there weren't, that would explain the current debate. It would seem like too much, too late in the series.
    There were one or two new ones in the subway in 205, but too far away to interact with.
  • edited May 2010
    Andorxor wrote: »
    They are new characters

Uhuh no thay ainnn't!

They're old characters, as episode 302 is set in ca. 1910! :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2010
    I love the molepeople just because it was great to see a family in Sam and Max's world (kinda). And if you have cultists protecting an object of unbelievable power they have to be ineffectual losers, otherwise you don't need your heroes to save the day, so the molepeople are perfect!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.