Are molemen the new Soda Poppers?

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
I am starting to realy hate the inclusion of molemen. I'm the kind of guy who never hated the soda poppers. I actually kind of liked them, but these mole people are getting increasingly annoying!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    in episode 4 they slowly be left out of the storey session 4 only refreshes
  • edited May 2010
    I still like them, but I can understand why someone might be getting sick of seeing them. Not me though.

I always thought the *bleep* Poppers were funny but extremely annoying, so I never hated them, I just wanted them to go away.

Can't stand Brady Culture though. Yuck.
  • edited May 2010
    Kane, first of all, spelling and punctuation.

Second of all, how would you know how stories that have not been revealed are going to be?
  • edited May 2010
    I think it's just the fact that rather than introduce any new characters, every character in 302 is just an old character in a new location that makes everything feel like it's overdone and overused.
  • edited May 2010
    I think the molemen worked for the purpose of the Penal Zone and Sammun-Mak, but if they keep showing up I'm gonna get sick of them.
  • edited May 2010
    I like the Poppers and the Mole People, but the girl mole is my favorite. The way she slobber-talks around her retainer reminds me of Shelley from South Park and I almost expected to hear her call Sam and/or Max a turd. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Molemen, they're not annoying. Trust me; the Soda Poppers are the most annoying characters in video-game history, I don't find the Mole Men annoy. I think they're a good part of the storyline.
  • edited May 2010
    I must admit that i'd like to see absolutely unspeakable depravitys befall Harry Moleman. These intentionally annoying characters are just too damned effective
  • edited May 2010
    it gust logical ok
  • edited May 2010
    I really thought the Molemen were a great inclusion in this episode. All others I've kinda went 'eh' at their presence, but this was great. They worked really well.

I hate the *beep* Poppers.
  • edited May 2010
    Nah, the molemen weren't THAT annoying. In fact this episode made me curious to see what the molemen of the present will do (new curses?) and how they will affect the plot in the future.
  • edited May 2010
    if they can or need a sam and max push
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Trick question. The molemen are the Soda Poppers. Sucks to have to spoil ep 4 like that.
  • edited May 2010
    Neverrrrr!!!

:D
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Trick question. The molemen are the Soda Poppers. Sucks to have to spoil ep 4 like that.

Even from here, I can hear the cries of dismay and rage from the alternate universe where this is actually true.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Even from here, I can hear the cries of dismay and rage from the alternate universe where this is actually true.

Your avatar is awesome. Is that from a larger piece of art?
  • edited May 2010

I KNEW IT! Nothing can stop the Poppers from returning!
  • edited May 2010
    I actually love how molemen are now probably the most badass-est creatures on Earth now. Kinda reminds me of the moleman in Hit the Road.

And they don't annoy me. Nefertiti made me laugh so many times...
  • edited May 2010
    Your avatar is awesome. Is that from a larger piece of art?

Wow, thanks! And yes it is. It's not finished yet, but I hope to have it done by Friday or Saturday.
  • edited May 2010
    I mean, the implantation of the Little Arctic Circle was amazing! Santa's return also warmed my heart. However, the mloe people's usefulness is realy taking away from their uselessness. Mole people are supposed to be pathetic losers and not only can they win lotteries, be made into fuel, and run mafias, but also cast spells and protect ancient religeons!

I understand the literary techniques and appriciate them however and would still like to see the mole people when needed.
  • edited May 2010
    Strong Max wrote: »
    Mole people are supposed to be pathetic losers and not only can they win lotteries, be made into fuel, and run mafias, but also cast spells and protect ancient religeons!

I think that's the joke.
  • edited May 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Nefertiti made me laugh so many times...

"I hate you! I wish you were dead!" - That was a good read. : D Good VA right there.
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    "I hate you! I wish you were dead!" - That was a good read. : D Good VA right there.

I love the dramatic pause in between the two sentences.

Just to listen to that line I talked to Nefertiti's dad numerous times. That surely won my heart.
  • edited May 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    I love the dramatic pause in between the two sentences.

Just to listen to that line I talked to Nefertiti's dad numerous times. That surely won my heart.

And the look on poor Sam's face, LOL. I liked that too.
  • edited May 2010
    Strong Max wrote: »
    I am starting to realy hate the inclusion of molemen. I'm the kind of guy who never hated the soda poppers. I actually kind of liked them, but these mole people are getting increasingly annoying!

You are just saying that because you are cutting the cucumber lengthwise all the time.

But seriously they are the guardians of the toys of power so they will be wherever the ones are that use the which would be Max in this case. So you will see a lot of them in this season.
  • edited May 2010
    Harry Molman never really bother me, but he did get old after a while.
    Howerver, i just loved the molemen in this last episode. They were actual characters, and good ones, not just "a funny weirdo kinda annoying guy", and i thought they worked really well.
  • edited May 2010
    I don't mind the mole people generally, I mean they are a staple of the Sam & Max series, and the ones in this episode were good because of the variety of the characters.
  • edited May 2010
    less non-vampiric elves.
  • edited May 2010
    The molemen can get too much if you have to deal with so many of them but the elves are the new Poppers to me. I don't like them, three small yokels with squeaky voices which get on your nerves. I don't know why this concept is keeping coming back, if there would be a skip/nuke button i would press it. Santa and the elves make me thinking of nice traps for the chimney.

It's quite interesting, i never was used to Max's original voice but i got more used to it after i recently played the talkie version of Hit the road and was looking at the playthrough as well. The current Max has a tendency of getting sometimes a little bit too high, add the Poppers or the elves, the molemen daughter and the baby and you feel like beeing in a helium chamber, it can produce headaches after some time. It's good that Sam is around.
  • edited May 2010
    No, the Molemen are far less annoying and are a lot funnier and charismatic.
  • edited May 2010
    Charismatic?
  • edited May 2010
    Huh. They apparently fill the same role as the Soda Poppers: Characters I never thought of as even remotely annoying that other people hate.
  • edited May 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Charismatic?

I'm not saying they have loads of charisma, or that they are exciting characters. I'm just saying that they have a lot more charisma than the Soda Poppers.
  • edited May 2010
    I mean i liked the moleman on the moon in 106 and contrary to the Poppers i found them quite okay. But honestly charismatic falls in a completely different category. Furthermore i think it was a bit molemen heavy this time and as nice as the situation with the daughter might have been, it also was quite strainful.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    i can understand why people don't like the molemen, but I'll never understand why people don't like Harry. his patheticness is the funniest thing in the world to me. i love crushing him
  • edited May 2010
    I also like Harry and mostly i commiserate with him and so want to help him.
  • edited May 2010
    NickTTG wrote: »
    i can understand why people don't like the molemen, but I'll never understand why people don't like Harry. his patheticness is the funniest thing in the world to me. i love crushing him

I don't mind Harry, I just don't like that 20 random molemen keep showing up for no apparent reason.
  • edited May 2010

I think for some people it's his voice. Though it doesn't bother me at all, and as a whole he's pretty okay in my book. He's actually starting to grow on me more this season than any time after his first appearance.

And heck, I'll say it -- I actually loved the molemen this episode ... until a certain scene very near the end, that is. You know the one. I can't think of the last time my fondness for certain characters has nosedived so precipitously and swiftly as then. And I normally don't invest the energy in actively disliking fictional characters, so ... :mad: :(
  • edited May 2010

Oh, I like Harry. What I don't like is making him sad. Breaks my heart every time :(
    That's the big thing with Sam and Max, you keep ruining other people's lives (and/or deaths), takes a lot of fun out of the games. Fortunately they're still funny.
  • edited May 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I don't mind Harry, I just don't like that 20 random molemen keep showing up for no apparent reason.

they have a reason to be in this season. They are not showing up randomly.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.