Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    I think you're thinking of a Gibbon.
    Harald B wrote: »
    That would be why I added the "a monkey" option.:cool:
    Remolay wrote: »
    thank you. I don't know why I though a Gibbon was a bird.

a gibbon is not a monkey either... it's an ape :)
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    a gibbon is not a monkey either... it's an ape :)

Ape, monkey, ape, monkey... Not a lot people know, or even care about the difference. Either way I hope it's an "Evil Toy Monkey". Or Max like Monkey.
    edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Not a lot people know, or even care about the difference.

Like the difference between lagomorph and bunny!
  • edited May 2010
    but the thing is a bunny is a lagomorph, so why bother with the difference there
    edited May 2010
    A bunny is a lagomorph, but a lagomorph is not necessarily a bunny. Like you could say a human is a primate, but a primate is not necessarily a human... this is not a fun conversation, please can we talk about Sam & Max some more and I promise never to speak of biological classifications ever again
  • edited May 2010
    My guess is Max will somehow be able to control his body remotely through a new psychic power, maybe telekinesis.
  • edited May 2010
    Like it was suggested in Episode 1.
    Max's brain is going to be used to control The Toys of Power for the villians.
  • edited May 2010
    I think Sam will just drag around Max's body and use it to "solve" puzzles. Also since Max's head is empty it makes for a handy & cute (if slightly icky) cookie jar....
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe Mama Bosco will create a temporary artificial remote control brain for Max like McCoy made for Spock in the Spock's Brain episode of Star Trek.
  • edited May 2010
    that good but max sun ps he's angry at max for leaving mom and his Thaddeus of siblings behind
  • edited May 2010
    kane wrote: »
    that good but max sun ps he's angry at max for leaving mom and his Thaddeus of siblings behind

.... What did you just say?
  • edited May 2010
    I think he said, "That's good, but it might be Max's son, who is angry at Max for leaving his mom and his brother Thaddeus."
  • edited May 2010
    I think he said, "That's good, but it might be Max's son, who is angry at Max for leaving his mom and his brother Thaddeus."

Max has a son? I can understand "Maximus" having a son, but Max having one is to plain creepy.
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    A bunny is a lagomorph, but a lagomorph is not necessarily a bunny. Like you could say a human is a primate, but a primate is not necessarily a human... this is not a fun conversation, please can we talk about Sam & Max some more and I promise never to speak of biological classifications ever again

Tss, tss, you wasted a perfectly good opportunity to tie it to the ape thing by saying "you could say a human is an ape, but an ape isn't necessarily human".
    A quick way to tell is whether they have a tail or not. Usually tail = monkey, no tail = ape. Not a fireproof way but can help you if you're not sure.

Say "simian" if you want to include both. Actually in French the commonly used word for either is "singe", which means simian, and would be equivalent to using "lagomorph" for a bunny.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Max has a son? I can understand "Maximus" having a son, but Max having one is to plain creepy.

How about a daughter?

2d2f78m.jpg
    Okay I know it's Max himself in the past in girl's clothes but still that'd make me laugh more than anything
  • edited May 2010
    Isn't there a scene of Sam and Flint Paper in the opening credits doing something or other?

EDIT: oh wait, that's from 203.
  • edited May 2010
    It's going to be Ghost Pirate Hunter Morgan LeFlay. Duh.
    But I felt so terrible for Sam at the end of Sammun-Mak that I still kind of hope this is the case after all.

You felt terrible for Sam? That's fine and all, but what about poor Max? I imagine having your head sliced open is a very painful process. I mean, just look at Heroes.
    lombre wrote: »
    I'm guessing that throughout the episode you'll have to switch to Max's disembodied brain, which is being kept in a room far away from Sam, and use Max's powers on things in the room that will indirectly affect Sam. How a disembodied brain wields the toys... well, I haven't though that far ahead yet.

I like this. We've already had a small taste of this sort of thing in The Penal Zone, so as long as it's done right, I think it could work.
  • edited May 2010
    I believe the monkey toy will save the day!
  • edited May 2010
    You felt terrible for Sam? That's fine and all, but what about poor Max? I imagine having your head sliced open is a very painful process. I mean, just look at Heroes.

Just thinking about how that might have felt makes my skin crawl. So oh god yes, Max. *shivers* I was focusing more on the thought of Sam being left alone in one of the worst ways possible, but yeah, it can't be fun and rainbows and kittens for either of them right now. Poor both of them. :(
    It's going to be Ghost Pirate Hunter Morgan LeFlay. Duh.

... What does it say about me that I think this could be awesome?
  • edited May 2010
    ... What does it say about me that I think this could be awesome?

That you're my new best friend.
  • edited May 2010
    Of course it will be Guybrush Treepwood, Mighty Pirate™.
  • edited May 2010
    The Poppers! HAH hah h ... okay a disgusting idea.

I would think they both team up together again mabye just both in another timestream/dimension or Sam teams up with a Max from the past/future. Beside of this it could be fun with Jurgen, Bosco, Flint Paper, one of the sombrero guys or someone new. Btw i love sea gulls.
  • edited May 2010
    Agent Superball of course.
  • edited May 2010
    Now, I remember it, be careful of which one you choose: There's a chance that new partner IS GOING TO DIE!
  • edited May 2010
    Sam and Peepers: Hell's-a-Poppin'!
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Now, I remember it, be careful of which one you choose: There's a chance that new partner IS GOING TO DIE!
    Harry Moleman it is then...

Also; Max's brain is easily accessable, so it wouldn't have hurt for him ;).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.