Place your bets! [spoilerific!]

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
Since Max is put out of action now, who do you think Sam will partner up with to get his brain back? Get bragging rights later by speculating correctly now.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Ooh, I really, really, really hope that Sam and Flint Paper team up to find Max's brain! Flint Paper's an awesome character, but he is used far too little. Now is Telltale's opportunity to include him in the story.
  • edited May 2010
    Sam will team up with Mama Bosco
  • edited May 2010
    sam is just going to be on his own halfway trough the game i don't think so,i KNOW so....
  • edited May 2010
    Baby Amelia Somethin seemed to want the sidekick job :eek:
  • edited May 2010
    Max.

See: Bad Day on the Moon
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Skunkape! :D
  • edited May 2010
    Nobody. Max is dead for good, he'll never return.
  • edited May 2010
    Harry Moleman did offer to be a sidekick in the first episode, which sould be foreshadowing...but it's not tinfoil hat day today, so meh.
  • edited May 2010
    I HOPE that it's Flint Paper since he is just oozing with awesomeness and plus didn't Telltale say he would have a larger role this season? But then again he might just be an NPC that helps Sam with certain puzzles or something.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    nobody. Max is dead for good, he'll never return.

Attachment not found.
  • edited May 2010
    The clapping monkey is a mind projector. Basically it will bring a max back from the time he was taken and then at the end only one max will stay by fighting to the death! muhahaha!
  • edited May 2010
    I think they'll bring Max back into the game pretty fast.
    Flint Paper would be awsome as sidekick, but i don't think it'll happen. :(

As long as it's no Moleman or one of the babies, it's fine with me. :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2010
    This is a tough one. Both Flint and Harry come across as likely candidates to me, for various reasons. But my first thought was --
    Max.

See: Bad Day on the Moon

-- this. I got some distinct "That part where Max gets blasted to smithereens" vibes from the last scene of this episode. We even have Gordon as further proof that establishing some kind of telepathic link between Max's brain and Sam might be possible. And there's also how Max has been essentially acting as a conduit for Sam when it comes to use of/experiencing the effects of certain psychic powers.

The one thing that makes me hesitant is this might echo what happened in "Bad Day on the Moon" a little too much. But I felt so terrible for Sam at the end of Sammun-Mak that I still kind of hope this is the case after all.

Or hey, maybe I'll take the Third Option: Sam is able to communicate with Max's brain, but he still needs someone else physically there with him to get the job done.
    caeska wrote: »
    Nobody. Max is dead for good, he'll never return.

Hush, you. :(
  • edited May 2010
    It'd better be Flint. He's like the Chuck Norris of Sam & Max.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm guessing that throughout the episode you'll have to switch to Max's disembodied brain, which is being kept in a room far away from Sam, and use Max's powers on things in the room that will indirectly affect Sam. How a disembodied brain wields the toys... well, I haven't though that far ahead yet.
  • edited May 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    How a disembodied brain wields the toys... well, I haven't though that far ahead yet.

Hm...we've already seen at least one way in which a disembodied brain can interact with toys (and spaceships, and whatnot), so you might be on to something.
  • edited May 2010
    Hm...we've already seen at least one way in which a disembodied brain can interact with toys (and spaceships, and whatnot), so you might be on to something.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that Skun-ka'pe was having Gordon use the toys for him. Maybe I am on to something!
  • edited May 2010
    If Flint Paper becomes Sam's sidekick, is he gonna run arround aimlessly like Max? And also I'd like to watch him while he is "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."-ing.

On second thought, probably this isn't a very good idea. XD
  • edited May 2010
    Well, they can hardly fill up a game about that (unless Max got a LOT of interactive hotspots and toys in his location), but it surely seems possible for the start...
  • edited May 2010
    I'd like to use my vote on "The Brain" -what was his name again?-. Sam's gonna get "The Brain" from the spaceship, and use it on Max. And we're gonna play the whole episode with Max and the Brain.
  • edited May 2010
    PISLIX wrote: »
    I'd like to use my vote on "The Brain" -what was his name again?-. Sam's gonna get "The Brain" from the spaceship, and use it on Max. And we're gonna play the whole episode with Max and the Brain.

Gordon? I'm afraid he's kind of dead at the moment. (But then I'm not quite convinced he's gone for good, so ... )
  • edited May 2010
    I say our sidekick is still Max, but without his brain.
  • edited May 2010
    I doubt he'll team up with Flint, I saw some concept art a while back that has Sam dress up in Flint's outfit with his tie un-done. Either that was taken out of the game or it's another past version of S&M (I hope so).

So my point is, is that Max will be a disembodied brain in a jar aboard Skunkape's spaceship with a new intergalactic warlord. And due to the loss of Max, Sam loses it and goes hard cop on the evil streets of New York.
  • edited May 2010
    He'll team up with adult Amelia Earhart after not only the fountain of youth wearing off (and somehow not making her very old) but obviously she got off the island.
    NOW I'VE SAID IT, IT MUST BE CANON.
  • edited May 2010
    max son
  • edited May 2010
    mr_nutt wrote: »
    He'll team up with adult Amelia Earhart after not only the fountain of youth wearing off (and somehow not making her very old) but obviously she got off the island.

I liked her as the child in 302, Adult Amelia kinda puts me off...
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I liked her as the child in 302, Adult Amelia kinda puts me off...

I wasn't really being serious I thought this gave it away
    mr_nutt wrote: »
    So yeah it will have to be baby (or seeing as there seems to be a year gap between seasons toddler) Amelia instead.
  • jtcjtc
    edited May 2010
    Hey, could be multiple partners? 1 at a time, changing as the story progresses? Maybe even some unique ability for every partner, and creative use of them all in the final part ("boss fight") of the episode?
  • edited May 2010
    jtc wrote: »
    multiple partners?

Yes!

Wait, what were we talking about again?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Yes!

Wait, what were we talking about again?

I was waiting for that! You missed one a few posts back too. I'll go fetch it...
    PISLIX wrote: »
    And also I'd like to watch him while he is "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."-ing.

Pervert. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Remember how Purcell keeps saying he has this idea where Max is in the hospital and Sam has to team up wih some sort of bird or something?

that back-up partner
  • edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Remember how Purcell keeps saying he has this idea where Max is in the hospital and Sam has to team up wih some sort of bird or something?

that back-up partner
    That would be why I added the "a monkey" option.:cool:
  • edited May 2010
    I think you're thinking of a Gibbon.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    or it's another past version of S&M (I hope so)

PROBLEM SAM: FREELANCE SLEUTH

Oh god yes
  • edited May 2010
    sam_noir2.jpg

It's off-topic, but it might not be due to my earlier post.
  • edited May 2010
    thank you. I don't know why I though a Gibbon was a bird.
  • edited May 2010
    I've said it once, but I'll say it again.

DAAAYYYYUUUMMMMM.
  • edited May 2010
    Uuuhm, if I don't get my dosage of Max there's seriously GONNA BE SOME FUCKING RIOTS IN HERE THAT'S FOR SURE
  • edited May 2010
    I like how one Telltale employee said Harry Moleman and one said a monkey.
  • edited May 2010
    i like how one telltale employee said harry moleman and one said a monkey.

monkey!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.