A flaw in 302 [spoilers]

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Maybe because they correctly answered the riddle in the first place, so what was the point of keeping them like that if they'll get the answer again anyways?
  • edited May 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Another involves the fight in slide 3.
    You defeat`
    amelia
    by using the sexo rejecto curse, BUT I didnt have the curse on me at all. I got the curse removed from me(yes it is possible talk to the dad and he can remove it in one of the dialog choices.
    So in reality that last part shouldent have happened to me.

This was fixed in the PS3 version, the curse faded away from me, so I wasted like 20-30 minutes on this puzzle alone because I was lead in the wrong direction, you can use the Doll on her instead to make her shout out "I'LL PLAYTEST YOU'RE NEW TOY!" and Slushie reacts to that, so after that I was just trying to get her out of the room any way I could. Really done my head in until I remembered the rejecto curse and ran back to the Dad Moleman to say that his daughter has a crush on Sam & Max too!
  • edited May 2010
    Now I notice this, how much can the size of a block change in 100 years? Because, there's Sam and Max's Building, then was the Esperanto Book Store and after that Bosco's, but in the past, the site for the Esperanto Book Store was non existant.
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Now I notice this, how much can the size of a block change in 100 years? Because, there's Sam and Max's Building, then was the Esperanto Book Store and after that Bosco's, but in the past, the site for the Esperanto Book Store was non existant.

People knock down buildings to build new ones all the time. It's like the sick law of New York.
  • edited May 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    This was fixed in the PS3 version, the curse faded away from me, so I wasted like 20-30 minutes on this puzzle alone because I was lead in the wrong direction, you can use the Doll on her instead to make her shout out "I'LL PLAYTEST YOU'RE NEW TOY!" and Slushie reacts to that, so after that I was just trying to get her out of the room any way I could. Really done my head in until I remembered the rejecto curse and ran back to the Dad Moleman to say that his daughter has a crush on Sam & Max too!

No not then I mean at the end of the reel when you need to
    get her off the toybox
    I didnt have the curse on me due to being able to remove it and so I solved that puzzle without the curse.
  • edited May 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    No not then I mean at the end of the reel when you need to
    get her off the toybox
    I didnt have the curse on me due to being able to remove it and so I solved that puzzle without the curse.

The curse always wears off by the cutscene here, the floaty curse symbols aren't shown. However, if you look closely in the background before the big reveal, Nefertiti is acting all lovey-dovey (towards Jurgen) again, so her father starts casting his sexo rejecto curse. After this part, Sameth and Maximus are cursed again and their gestures here actually show they've noticed it too. It's subtle...

With the steamer trunk, it's generally assumed the mole men hid it from him, or I suppose maybe Jurgen really didn't know what he was looking for in the first place. No reverse curse in here, only a drawing of a bat and three hands. Feh!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010

I noticed that as well. The bookstore probably should have been in between those two stores. But who knows, maybe a good natured New Deal-funded giant robot stretched the block out in the 1930's to make way for a new store, only to have it destroyed by the Maimtron in 2008.
  • edited May 2010
    No offense or anything but you guys should stop cutting so many puzzles out of your games.

Just my opinion.
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    No offense or anything but you guys should stop cutting so many puzzles out of your games.

Just my opinion.

And those are the one we notice. Imagine how many they actually cut.

To be fair, cut puzzles it's just part of the process. Some sound like good ideas at first, but then they discover they don't and the reverse can happen as well. If there's vestigial remains and we notice, we get to know a bit more about the process, even been just outsiders. Which is awesome to me
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I noticed that as well. The bookstore probably should have been in between those two stores. But who knows, maybe a good natured New Deal-funded giant robot stretched the block out in the 1930's to make way for a new store, only to have it destroyed by the Maimtron in 2008.

... Hohoho, I have got to see that. When I come to work for you guys can I make the animation for that scene?
  • edited May 2010
    To be fair, cut puzzles it's just part of the process. Some sound like good ideas at first, but then they discover they don't and the reverse can happen as well. If there's vestigial remains and we notice, we get to know a bit more about the process, even been just outsiders. Which is awesome to me

I understand, I'm not saying stop cutting them altogether lol :D. I think once in a while they over cut though, like learning how to put the blocks in sounded ok to me... And probably wouldn't have minded spiking the milk too, with the snake venom. But oh well it's ok.
  • edited May 2010
    Another little inconsistency: If you use Max's psychic powers to go back to present day New York during the final scene, Sam will comment that they have finished all the reels but one, despite the fact that Max is watching the final sequence alone.
  • edited May 2010
    Already mentioned a few times...
  • edited May 2010
    The chance of him getting the right combo would have been 1 in 216. He should have put them in any old way and got a duff spell. While there was the standard handful of times I saw a graphical error and thought 'feh', this was the first time in a telltale game when I thought "that's a writing error", and I found it a bit of a shame, in an episode with such great writing.

What the heck are you talking about, he got those three blocks from the burial chamber and when he got to the "spell cue card thing" it was a no-brainer... he had three blocks and the "spell cue card thing" had three empty "holes" and wtf even a monkey could've done it
  • edited May 2010
    Bertan1311 wrote: »
    What the heck are you talking about, he got those three blocks from the burial chamber and when he got to the "spell cue card thing" it was a no-brainer... he had three blocks and the "spell cue card thing" had three empty "holes" and wtf even a monkey could've done it

The blocks had 6 faces. Each face had a different pattern on it. So he could have put in "hand, squiggle, bird" but that wouldn't have counteracted the protection spell. He puts in the combination hand hand hand, which we later learn is the only correct combination. This has been resolved already though. A telltale guy on the first page explained that it was the remnant of a cut puzzle. :)
  • edited May 2010
    I was disappointed that I didn't get to choose what faces to show. I was all proud to have figured out the code (okay, it was devastatingly simple even without the molewoman spelling (ha) it out) and then it didn't even matter. I guess though that since it was possible to finish reels 1 and 3 before reel 2 (and then not be able to go back to have your memory jogged about the code), it could have failed as a puzzle. If people forget things or don't notice things even when they are stressed and obvious... In which case I wish they wouldn't play these games and force Telltale to dumb things down and remove puzzles but hey...

I too was cured of the moleman's curse when Amelia was repelled off the Devil's Toybox. I guess I will have to go back and have a look for this cutscene mentioned above. I thought it was an error. Besides, how lucky would that be to have the moleman randomly curse you again just in time for you to repel Amelia? Again, surely that is a puzzle to work out, that you still need to be cursed.

Anyway, I'm very late to the party due to a deluge of work and have so many threads to catch up on...
  • edited May 2010
    was the idea of NOT shutting up amelia airhart in clip 2 so you hear about the rule stating the conductor being able to look into any talking boxes then sameth saying it in clip three a cut puzzle or just a connection easter egg?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.