Just finished ep1.

Really liked it. Not a sports guy, though I've heard the name 'Homestar Runner' before somewhere.

Thought it was funny, and I liked the puzzle design. Thought the difficutly level was good too. Not too easy. Starting ep2 today.

Thanks TellTale. If it weren't for you guys, 'new adventure game' would be a term that wouldn't exist in my vocabulary. :)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    trust me, it just gets better.
  • edited May 2010
    Oh yeah in the next few games, you can conquor countrys, host a battle of the bands, star in a movie, and FACE TROGOR
  • edited May 2010
    sssh! let them figure it out!
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah I wanna face Trogdor but those items are on backorder apparently! :mad:

I know the feeling. :o

Getting ready to finish ep2 in a few minutes. Probably start 3 today as well.
  • edited May 2010
    sssh! let them figure it out!

The trailers per game basically said all that on their own.
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Yeah I wanna face Trogdor but those items are on backorder apparently! :mad:

How is a downloadable game backordered?
  • edited May 2010
    Really liked it. Not a sports guy, though I've heard the name 'Homestar Runner' before somewhere.
    I thought it was about sports at first too, but it's a series of Internet flash cartoons about nothing in particular.

An awesome series about that stuff I just wrote.
  • edited May 2010
    How is a downloadable game backordered?

It's the part for the trogdor maschine that are on backorder. They will not arrive until Episode 5.
  • edited May 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    It's the part for the trogdor maschine that are on backorder. They will not arrive until Episode 5.

What he said. It's a line by Strong Sad in ep1 [probably remember now, right?], which I found pretty funny considering the ToMI DVD. :D

And man, that band Degenerate Octupus Insomniacs rocked so hard! I mean, I've seen bands rock before, but that 4 hour Thera-MAXXX solo by Homsar just blew my mind! :eek:
  • edited May 2010
    i remember now!
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    And man, that band Degenerate Octupus Insomniacs rocked so hard! I mean, I've seen bands rock before, but that 4 hour Thera-MAXXX solo by Homsar just blew my mind! :eek:
    Heh. :) Baddest of the Bands is actually the first time I ever even heard of a theramin before. Ever since I played that game, I have wanted a theramin so badly. :D
  • edited May 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Heh. :) Baddest of the Bands is actually the first time I ever even heard of a theramin before. Ever since I played that game, I have wanted a theramin so badly. :D

Theramins are awesome! I want to play one, hasn't happened yet though.

I first heard of them on the 'Ed Wood' special features' Howard Shore featurette.
  • edited May 2010
    even after playing it i still dont understand what a theramin is supposed to do
  • edited May 2010
    even after playing it i still dont understand what a theramin is supposed to do

Playing a theramin or playing strongbad?

edit: It's hard to explain, but here's my shot at it.

Theramin: Basically a box with a wire/antenna poking out the top. When you move your hand towards the wire it will make a noise, depending on how close, and how high or low on the wire you are. Higher is higher pitch, lower on wire makes lower pitch. The closer your hand the louder, and also effectes the pitch in a way. Then there's something else on the box that does basically the same thing, changes the sound, also, according to where your hand is placed. You never actually touch the instrument though.

It was used in like 90% of old sci-fi B movies.
  • edited May 2010
    so it just distorts a sound? wierd.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    so it just distorts a sound? wierd.
    Yeah, but you can use it to make actual music, and the result sounds pretty unique. The Legend of Zelda theme on a theramin :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    You can hear a theremin as the lead instrument through most of the track "The Black Hole" in Sam & Max Season One's soundtrack. It's the instrument which sounds sort of like a synthesized version of a woman singing... sort of? You can hear it the most obviously starting around 1:26 in that track.
  • edited May 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Ever since I played that game, I have wanted a theramin so badly. :D

They're somewhat handy to make apparently
Sign in to comment in this discussion.