Who do you think will be the series main villain? (Speculation Spoilers)

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
Vote on the poll.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I can't believe you didn't put Skunkape in there.
  • edited May 2010
    The Soda Poppers.
  • edited May 2010
    You really think Skunk'ape??????????
    I can see him re-appearing but only briefly...
  • edited May 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    You really think Skunk'ape??????????
    I can see him re-appearing but only briefly...

Ok then, that big green thing we see here
    http://www.telltalegames.com/store/samandmax-thedevilsplayhouse
    as the picture for episode 5
  • edited May 2010
    That big thing is either Yog Soggoth or possibly... it might be Gordon the Brain I think. But only if he returns.
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    For me its either Yog Soggoth or the Narrator or they are the same person.
  • edited May 2010
    I agree with MRN the narrator is yog soggoth's human form and the devil's toybox is a doorway.
  • edited May 2010
    Skunkape is in the penal zone. Gordan's dead. So that leaves Papierwaite and Sal + the Stinkies.

And Yog-Soggoth, but I put my money on Yog-Soggoth being the main villain.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Skunkape is in the penal zone. Gordan's dead. So that leaves Papierwaite and Sal + the Stinkies.

And Yog-Soggoth, but I put my money on Yog-Soggoth being the main villain.

But skunkape got outbefore and gordon was dead before as well.
  • edited May 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    But skunkape got outbefore and gordon was dead before as well.

He used teleportation to get out, Gordan was alive back then. And Gordan was only asleep, but very close to death.
  • edited May 2010
    He used teleportation to get out, Gordan was alive back then. And Gordan was only asleep, but very close to death.

He was mostly dead if you will. See, there's a big difference between mostly dead, and all dead. Now, mostly dead: he's slightly alive. All dead: well, with all dead, there's usually only one thing that you can do: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

Anyways, I think Yog-Soggoth will be looming large over Episode 5, but I think he's going to be the imminent threat rather than the actual villain.
  • edited May 2010
    I say Yog-Soggoth, but there's still something about Superball I still don't trust
  • edited May 2010
    Amelia, considering she
    belongs to the Brotherhood of Yog-Soggoth, I think she's got a major angle in it(if not the head of it, even).
  • edited May 2010
    max remember in 301 that protease he distress the universe
  • edited May 2010
    Hubert wrote: »
    Amelia, considering she
    belongs to the Brotherhood of Yog-Soggoth, I think she's got a major angle in it(if not the head of it, even).

No if you remember
    Jurgeon stole Kringles suitcase and left the note
    Amelia never left any note whatsoever when she
    Jurgeons and sammus and maximuses suitcases
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    I can't believe you didn't put Skunkape in there.

I've added him for you.
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I've added him for you.
    Being helpful, or... a subtle hint? Dun dun DUNNN!
  • edited May 2010
    I guess that rules out Skunk'ape if they're willing to add him...

THEY'RE MOCKING US...NONE OF THESE ARE RIGHT!

Oh by the way, it's spelt Skunk'ape isn't it?
  • edited May 2010
    Remember guys while Skun'ka-pe is in the New Penal Zone, the thing is powered up by the Devil's Toybox, which is needed for summon Yog Soggoth. In other words, my money goes he will be released eventually, just because someone will need the Toy Box for the summon and will, well, unplug the Box.

Yes, my money goes about Skun'ka-pe will back, while I still think Papierwaite is awesome.
  • edited May 2010
    I thought they only needed the generator to suck him in? If that thing needs constant power, then yes I suppose we'll see Skun-ka'pe again soon. If find it hard to believe that whoever took Max's brain left the Toybox. There aren't a whole lot of people with The Gift, but there's only one Devil's Toybox.
  • edited May 2010
    before
    Yog Soggoth ) penal zone ( sam and max
    now
    Yog Soggoth : penal zone : sam and max
    thigh it out it got dislecsea remember
  • edited May 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    I thought they only needed the generator to suck him in? If that thing needs constant power, then yes I suppose we'll see Skun-ka'pe again soon.

The generator creates another dimension, not open a portal to a dimension. I think will be nice to see Skun-ka'pe again. Somehow.
    Harald B wrote: »
    If find it hard to believe that whoever took Max's brain left the Toybox. There aren't a whole lot of people with The Gift, but there's only one Devil's Toybox.

Somebody else say it, but I also think they need Max's Brain to power up Skun-ka'pe Ship, just like Skun-ka'pe did it with Gordon. Girl Stinky (And Harry) was in the Spaceship at the end of the Penal Zone, which make sense they took Max's Brain and left the Toy Box.
  • edited May 2010
    OMG HARRY MOLEMAN!!!!

I completely forgot - Harry would be a perfect candidate for the series main villain!
  • edited May 2010
    You guys are kidding, right? Harry? There's no way he has the guts to rip someone's head open like that. Stinky and Sal, maybe, but whatever they're up to, they were already planning it before the spaceship came into the picture.
  • edited May 2010
    Exactly - no-one would ever believe it which makes Harry the perfect candidate. Not to mention he would have an army of molemen who know a lot about the toybox AND he was on Skunk'ape's ship at the end of 301.
  • edited May 2010
    he probable sick of talk like that so he has a reason and I wooden put it past him he did put a hit out on sybil and told sam to kill max remember and he is death incarnate ps all Molemen have a cheers
  • edited May 2010
    And Harry is pretty desperate - he doesn't have a job anymore and for some strange reason, he was hanging out at Mama Bosco's in 301...

Can we add Harry to the poll? I'm starting to have strong suspicions that it might be him.
  • edited May 2010
    HARRY MOLEMAN is starting to sand epic
  • edited May 2010
    And Harry is pretty desperate - he doesn't have a job anymore and for some strange reason, he was hanging out at Mama Bosco's in 301...

Can we add Harry to the poll? I'm starting to have strong suspicions that it might be him.

I think he must be important because OBVIOULY he's decendant of the original guardians of the Tomb, but, as far as become the main villian... I don't know...
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Telltale tends to introduce the major villain in the first episode of a season:
    Hugh Bliss in season 1, the Soda Poppers in season 2, LeChuck in ToMI.
    . Another thing that those characters have in common is that they didn't necessarily stand out as being villains during the course of the season - there was generally at least some kind of "are they / aren't they" vibe going on.
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    . Another thing that those characters have in common is that they didn't necessarily stand out as being villains during the course of the season - there was generally at least some kind of "are they / aren't they" vibe going on.

... and
    Duncan
    in Wallace and Gromit? :)
    Interesting theory, but Hugh Bliss didn't really appear in S1E1 (there may or may not have been an Emetics TV commercial, but nothing beyond that).
  • edited May 2010
    Hugh Bliss
    wasn't introduced until
    Episode 2 of Season 1
    the Soda Poppers
    were introduced in
    Episode 1 of Season 1
    , and
    LeChuck
    was introduced in The Secret of Monkey Island, a long time before Telltale Games was even formed. Depending on how you look at it, you were either right about one of them (
    The Soda Poppers
    , wrong season though) or right about none of them. I am inclined to think it is the latter.

There was a commercial for
    "Emetics"
    in episode 1, and if you watched the TV shows in Episode 1,
    Prismatology
    is mentioned in the show about Brady Culture.
  • edited May 2010
    OMG HARRY MOLEMAN!!!!

I completely forgot - Harry would be a perfect candidate for the series main villain!

You're kidding right? That's the only Moleman who doesn't have a curse! He's useless, he's pathetic! He'll never be anywhere close to being a villain other than running a Mafia.
  • Power46 wrote: »
    Hugh Bliss
    wasn't introduced until
    Episode 2 of Season 1
    the Soda Poppers
    were introduced in
    Episode 1 of Season 1
    , and
    LeChuck
    was introduced in The Secret of Monkey Island, a long time before Telltale Games was even formed. Depending on how you look at it, you were either right about one of them (
    The Soda Poppers
    , wrong season though) or right about none of them. I am inclined to think it is the latter.

There was a commercial for
    "Emetics"
    in episode 1, and if you watched the TV shows in Episode 1,
    Prismatology
    is mentioned in the show about Brady Culture.

Keep in mind, Hugh Bliss was planned as the main villain, but I'm pretty sure they didn't make the Soda Poppers the main villains of Season 2 until midway into the season or later. I don't know about LeChuck, however. Never played any of the Monkey Island games.
  • edited May 2010
    Telltale tends to introduce the major villain in the first episode of a season...

Telltale usually only hints at the major villain, which
    Future Vision being called the Eyes of Yog-Soggoth and Doctor Momma Bosco's mentioning of bringing back the elder gods
    might count as, but I'm thinking that might be more red herring than anything. I think Telltale usually makes a go of getting through the season in such a way that on the second time through you notice lots of little hints you "should" have noticed.
    You're kidding right? That's the only Moleman who doesn't have a curse! He's useless, he's pathetic! He'll never be anywhere close to being a villain other than running a Mafia.

I know, it's totally going to be
    Bubbles
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Mmm, maybe switch "in the first episode" to "early in the season". :p

There are always hints and things from the very first episode though, so we're aware of the character or something related to them, even if they haven't actually appeared yet (as in the case of Hugh Bliss).

Avel says it better with this:
    Avel wrote: »
    I think Telltale usually makes a go of getting through the season in such a way that on the second time through you notice lots of little hints you "should" have noticed.

That's kind of what I was getting at. I'm sure we've already been told a lot that will become more obvious in retrospect.
  • edited May 2010
    The Narrator=Yog-Soggoth=that green thing with tentacles=main villain

But that's just my guess...
  • edited May 2010
    I think everyone's complete denial that it could be Harry makes him the ideal candidate...
  • edited May 2010
    Max will be the final villain.
  • edited May 2010
    Andorxor wrote: »
    Max will be the final villain.
    Max's evil twin, Xam!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.