301: Prisoner Badge
    302: Egyptian Funnies
    303: Meesta Card
  • edited June 2010
    301: Penal Zone badge
    302: Egyptian Funnies
    303: Museum tour headphones and remote control
  • edited June 2010
    303: the Accessorie of Privilege with Sammun-Maks image on it (it's the one Frank the Rat has) - but the tapesterie is great, too
  • edited June 2010
    Sam and Max badge... isn't it about time?
  • edited June 2010
    Toys of Power.

...And maybe the Freelance Police badge.
  • edited June 2010
    303:a dinosaur model(sife size)
  • edited June 2010
    301 - the Mole Man vacation ticket/key card
    302 - Baby Amilia Lost Poster
    303 - Postcard advertising The Forgotten Pharoah exhibit, with footnote advertising the upcoming Failures in Mass Transportation exhibit.:D
  • edited July 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    More importantly, if there is one, what will be in it? Let's speculate!
    I predict gigantic logos, copyright notices, ESRB ratings, and a EULA.
  • edited July 2010

i wish we could "like" things here
  • edited July 2010
    Papierwaste's city map anyone? Or a Museum Pamphlet with information about all the major exhibits.
  • edited July 2010
    A freelance police badge would be awesome, were I not wary of the "impersonating an officer" laws ;)
  • edited July 2010
    301: Prisoner's badge
    302: Film reel
    303: Museum pamphlet
  • edited July 2010
    301: Prisoner badge
    302: Chocolate Chip Cookies (to offer to the Sphunx)
    303: One of the artifacts of power

I think the City Map used to navigate the DeSoto would be a nice thing to include in something like this as well.
  • edited July 2010
    Slowpoke wrote: »
    302: Film reel
    Working in a theatre as long as I did help me aquired a film reel already with a trailer in said reel.

Uhfortunately, it's the B-Trailer for Indy 4, but Paramount didn't want it back, and the projectionist was using it as a door stop, soooooo....
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010

For what it's worth, the ESRB ratings and copyright notices were a requirement from LEC.
    Spadge wrote: »
    Papierwaste's city map anyone?

Nice!

So far my favorites are Prisoner Badge pin, Disorient Express tickets, Papierwaites occult city map.
  • edited July 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    So far my favorites are Prisoner Badge pin, Disorient Express tickets, Papierwaites occult city map.

All of which should be easy to produce, since, you know two of them are just essentially print outs. I am kind of curious as to how a much a custom-shaped pin would set you guys back, especially one with such an unusual design for a pin.
  • edited July 2010
    Can we get some actual working psychic toys? It would be awesome reading minds and seeing the future.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    All of which should be easy to produce, since, you know two of them are just essentially print outs. I am kind of curious as to how a much a custom-shaped pin would set you guys back, especially one with such an unusual design for a pin.

The case file is always done on the cheap, because its just a feelies pack we sell for $5-6. Anything more elaborate should probably be its own separate merchandise.
  • edited July 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Can we get some actual working psychic toys? It would be awesome reading minds and seeing the future.

Nyaha, but none of us has the gift, so telltale could just say "contains one of the genuine psychic toys of power" and it's just a lump of plasticine :D
  • edited July 2010
    The case file is always done on the cheap, because its just a feelies pack we sell for $5-6. Anything more elaborate should probably be its own separate merchandise.

You can still do the Penal Zone Badge Pin and a Sam and Max Badge pin and sell it separate it of the Case File!
  • edited July 2010
    I'd buy an unofficial Freelance Police badge if it came in a wallet.:D Cause I need a new wallet.
  • edited July 2010
    Nyaha, but none of us has the gift, so telltale could just say "contains one of the genuine psychic toys of power" and it's just a lump of plasticine :D

"Disclaimer: may be incompatible with your brain"
  • edited July 2010
    Hmm, maybe a deck of "psychic" playing cards as a separate item? I wouldn't say they had to be totally true to the in-game model, maybe something that's obviously Sam & Max themed while still being plausible as an in-world item...
  • edited July 2010
    Hmm, maybe a deck of "psychic" playing cards as a separate item? I wouldn't say they had to be totally true to the in-game model, maybe something that's obviously Sam & Max themed while still being plausible as an in-world item...
    The way I see it, the in-game deck of cards isn't distinct enough to warrant its own item. It's no more Sam-and-Max distinct than a viewmaster(though you could fill one with concept art and sell that pretty easily, also I'm self-defeating).
  • edited July 2010
    Custom playing cards are always fun. You may now start arguing about who should be pictured for the 16+jokers picture cards.
  • edited July 2010

Purcell seems less demanding than LucasArt. I'm going to expect something more along the lines of the previous case files, which are awesome sauce.

Episode 3: A Meesta credit card
  • edited July 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Purcell seems less demanding than LucasArt. I'm going to expect something more along the lines of the previous case files, which are awesome sauce.

Episode 3: A Meesta credit card

Only if it is made out of the same plastic as a regular gift card!! I don't expect to see a de-magnetized magnetic strip on the back, but it would be a nice touch.:D
  • edited July 2010
    Originally posted by Randulf
    302 is not technically their case, but if there has to be something, then a false handlebar mustache.

Not going to happen, but I WANT.
  • edited July 2010
    The case file is always done on the cheap, because its just a feelies pack we sell for $5-6.

Isn't that usually the case with feelies: Something that looks nice, but is cheap to make? I think the case files so far have been pretty nice.

I mean, Infocom were famous for their feelies, but most of them were pretty simple: a business card, a receipt, etc. Occasionally something a bit more elaborate, like a souvenir matchbook (probably not real matches; I hear there are regulations). They made a coin for the Zork Trilogy collection, and according to this page, it was "surprisingly difficult" and "fairly expensive, as "feelies" went". As a non-American I have no idea how much "50 cents in mid-80's dollars" is, though.

I would put some suggestions for season 3 case file items here, but others already thought of them first. :)
  • edited July 2010
    a museum pamphlet would be cool... it could advertise the exhibits.
  • edited July 2010
    toys of power in a the devils to box 100$ it wharf it do
  • edited July 2010
    301: The "Moleman Resort" pass
    302: A ticket for the Disorient Express
    303: An authentic replica MeestaCard
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah what they just said..
  • edited July 2010
    301: The "Moleman Resort" pass
    302: A ticket for the Disorient Express
    303: An authentic replica MeestaCard

those are all just pieces of card though! the other case files were much more varied!
  • edited July 2010
    Who here wants to join me in rallying for an authentic broken plate from Stinky's to serve as Episode 4's feelie?
  • edited July 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Who here wants to join me in rallying for an authentic broken plate from Stinky's to serve as Episode 4's feelie?

if there's nothing better in the episode... that could be cool!
  • edited July 2010
    301: Penal Zone Badge
    302: Mole People Funnies
    303: Meesta Credit Card
    304: Sam Clone Underpants
  • edited July 2010
    kane wrote: »
    toys of power in a the devils to box 100$ it wharf it do

Oh damn. If they did that they'd have to go back and rerelease Seasons 1 and 2 in a little closet with all the crap they collected and kept in there during those seasons. Oh yeah, and make sure there's a pile of foam rubber cheese underneath everything.
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    Oh damn. If they did that they'd have to go back and rerelease Seasons 1 and 2 in a little closet with all the crap they collected and kept in there during those seasons. Oh yeah, and make sure there's a pile of foam rubber cheese underneath everything.

Sam & Max: The Complete Collection... Buy now and we'll throw in a one-of-a-kind LEONARD absolutely FREE!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.