Its Jan 5th...

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Does anyone beside me wait for the successor of "Wing Commander Prophecy" - when it came out (I don't remember the year), PC Games said that it is thebeginning of a trilogy and not even the name of the alien species that attacked was mentioned to keep it up for the next game... ?

Okay - it is not as long ago as LSL 4 but nevertheless - just wanted top ask.
  • edited January 2007
    "Shooting Dogs" became possibly my favourite-film-ever recently.. not exactly light-hearted though.

Didn't realise Leon was by the same guy who did The 5th Element... I must watch it.
  • edited January 2007
    @Shagge: Yepp, the assassin... great movie!!!
  • edited January 2007
    999995 bottles of wine on the wall
    999995 bottles of wine
    Take one down, pass it around
    999994 bottles of wine on the wall
  • edited January 2007
    Matze wrote: »
    you ask for good movies?

CRANK (awesome)
    THE MACHINIST (great psycho-movie)
    SUPERSTAU (only a few germans weill know this great movie from the early 90's)

If you liked "The machinist" you should really try "Stay".
  • edited January 2007
    MrSneeze wrote: »
    Anyone seen any good films lately?

- Wicked Man
    - Children of Men
    - Madame Irma (ok noone certainly do know that one but it's a good one)
  • BasBas
    edited January 2007
    Hee, niet ineens in het Duits gaan beginnen! Zo verstaan we er niks meer van.
  • edited January 2007
    Post faster! Maybe they want us to beat the old post count before they release it!
  • edited January 2007
    Hoz411 wrote: »
    999995 bottles of wine on the wall
    999995 bottles of wine

They certainly are buying shares of alcohol producers instead of dealing with episode 2 :D
  • edited January 2007
    Pazaak, an ancient game dating back to Old Republic times in Star Wars, was a popular card game in which the goal was to reach 20 without going over, or at least come closer to it than the opponent. The player with the nearest sum to the number 20 won the round, and the player who won three rounds won the match. If in one round the scores of the two players were equal, the round was not counted at all.

There are three different decks in pazaak: the main (or "table") deck, composed of cards numbered 1-10 (the total cards in this deck is unbound, though it tended to have four of each number). There was also one side deck for each player in the game. These decks would be assembled by the players themselves and had to have exactly 10 cards.

At the beginning of the game, each player would randomly select 4 cards from their side deck, making up their Hand. Then the first turn of the first player would start. The player would draw a card from the main deck and play it on the table. After that, the player could choose to either place a card down from their hand, or to end their turn. Only one hand card can be played per turn, and no more cards are ever drawn from the side deck.

When ending his turn, the player had two options:

End Turn: If the player ends their turn, they are bound to draw a new card from the main deck at the start of the next turn. This is repeated repeat until either they stand, go bust, fill the table, or their score is exactly 20.
    Stand: If the player stands, they keep their current sum till the end of the set and do not play any other cards. The opponent, however, can still continue playing cards, unless he has chosen to stand as well. Getting a sum of 20 automatically caused a player to stand.
    Once his turn was over, play moved to the next player, and their turn was played in the same manner. Play passed between the two players until someone won the set.

The Cards
    There were two decks used in Pazaak:

The Main Deck consisted of four sets of cards numbered 1-10
    The Side Deck consisted of ten special cards chosen by the player before the match. At the start of each set, four of these cards were chosen at random for the player to keep in his hand and play at any time he desired.
    The side deck also had a variety of cards, and each deck was unique to the player in that he could purchase different types of cards throughout the Galaxy and choose whichever ones he preferred to keep in his hand. There were two types of such cards: Plus and Minus cards, which were blue and red, and Advanced cards, which were gold. Main Deck cards were green, or in some older cases gold.

Plus Cards were blue cards that added the written value to a player's total when played. The value of the cards ranged from 1 to 6 points.
    Minus Cards were red cards that were similar to the plus cards, but instead they subtracted their value from the players total. They also ranged from 1 to 6.
    Plus or Minus Cards (+/-) were essentially a combination of the two; the player could choose upon play whether he wanted to add the number or subtract it from his hand. These were the most expensive and highly valued cards. They also ranged from 1 to 6.
    The +/- 1 or 2 Card was a +/- card whose value could be changed to between 1 and 2.
    Flip Cards were advanced cards that changed the sign of the written number of all the cards in a player's hand. For example, if a player played a 2&4, all the 2s and 4s in his hand would become -2s and -4s, while all the -2s and -4s would become 2s and 4s. These cards were only available as 2&4 and 3&6.
    The Double Card was a rare card that doubled the value of the last played card. For example, if one flipped over 2, then a 9, he could play the double card, making the 9 an 18, thus adding up to 20. A player known as Mebla Dule gave the Jedi Exile this card after being beaten on Telos.
    The Tiebreaker Card was an extremely rare card that acted like a +/-1 card, but in the event of a tie, the player who played the tiebraker card would win. A tiebreaker card was owned by the being on Nar Shaddaa known as the Champ until he gave it to the Exile after losing her position to the Jedi.
    The Side Deck was often the key to victory, as without his hand, a player relied solely on luck to win the match. Therefore, a player would have to conserve his cards, as the four side deck cards would have to last him through the entire match.

Winning the Game
    There were three ways to win the set:

By outscore: After both players chose to stand, the player with the greatest score would win, provided that it was not over 20.
    By going bust: If a player ended his turn with a score over 20, he was said to "bust", and the other player won.
    By filling the table: In some rare occasions, if a player could place 9 cards on the table without busting, he would receive an automatic win. He would still win if his score was less than the opponents, and even if they were tied.
    In the event that a set is tied, no one gets a point for the set, and a new set is played. The first player to win three sets won the game, and whatever money was being wagered.
  • edited January 2007
    Ahhh, the flood gates have opened.
  • edited January 2007
    Someone for pazaak?
  • edited January 2007
    Don't start listening to the Danish and the Norwegians... Swedes rule. Norway AND Denmark AND Finland were once under Swedish rule ;) Unfortunately not at the same time...
  • edited January 2007
    @Matze: Naja, nachher wird unser account gesperrt oder so. Wer weiß wie die Grenzdebilen reagieren? Obwohl - versuchen kann man's ja mal vorsichtig mit nicht so gängingen Bezeoichnungen wie Rübennasen! Außerdem bin ich ja trotz alledem dankbar, dass S&M endlich weiter geht... So dass ich es mir mit den Hirnies nicht allzusehr verscherzen möchte!

@all others: Sorry Folks!
  • edited January 2007
    999994 bottles of wine
    999993 bottles of wine on the wall
  • edited January 2007
    If it's the Trappist you talked about, that was a beer. From Westmalle to be spesific.

Are there such things as Trappist wines?
  • edited January 2007
    Pazaak, people?
  • edited January 2007
    Why is it so long?
    Bet now!
  • edited January 2007
    If it continue, I'l be not a Junior member anymore after just one evening ;o) How many post do I ned to post for it?
  • edited January 2007
    999993 bottles of wine on the wall
    999993 bottles of wine
    999992 bottles of wine on the wall
  • edited January 2007
    Scho wrote: »
    @Matze: Naja, nachher wird unser account gesperrt oder so. Wer weiß wie die Grenzdebilen reagieren? Obwohl - versuchen kann man's ja mal vorsichtig mit nicht so gängingen Bezeoichnungen wie Rübennasen! Außerdem bin ich ja trotz alledem dankbar, dass S&M endlich weiter geht... So dass ich es mir mit den Hirnies nicht allzusehr verscherzen möchte!

@all others: Sorry Folks!

My German's not what it used to be...
  • edited January 2007
    One more (will try to go to 20)
  • edited January 2007
    Can't.. Wait... Anymore... The anger... Oh, the anger.. It rises... Have to.. Kill innocent... Ants.
  • FWZFWZ
    edited January 2007
    Anyone know what time it is in telltale land?
  • edited January 2007
    OOOOh SORRY! If our German raises a Dutch talk as well we take everything back!!! And sorry for not letting Netherlands win the World Cup '74 - hmm well, not sorry for that one...
  • edited January 2007
    I have just realized that i have just waste 2 hours of my precious time!
  • edited January 2007
    good night :(

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited January 2007
    999992 bottles of wine on the wall
    999992 bottles of wine
    999991 bottles of wine on the wall
  • edited January 2007
    All I can say at this point is "GYAAAAH!"
  • edited January 2007
    FWZ: 1325

Telltale, any chance of getting it out before 2359 GMT?
  • edited January 2007
    @MarkoH01

Stay? never heard of it, but i will have a look... thanks!
  • edited January 2007
    Telltale land hour: January the 4th ==} 23h59!! It is frozen! We must call Merlin or Gandalf!
  • edited January 2007
    Winckle wrote: »
    I have just realized that i have just waste 2 hours of my precious time!

I've wasted more - but screw it, I have wine.
  • edited January 2007
    i'll joinj ya....

999991 bottles of wine on the wall
    999991 bottles of wine
    999990 bottles of wine on the wall
  • edited January 2007
    to everyone who wants to play pazaak:
    http://purepazaak.freehosting.net/

999990 bottles of wine on the wall
    999990 bottles of wine
    999989 bottles of wine on the wall
  • edited January 2007
    I say this calls for a drinking song
  • edited January 2007
    Give me one bottle! What year? 1980? 1990?
  • edited January 2007
    Hey Scho, du musst ein Monty Python Fan sein (=> Rübennasen) !!!

Hoch lebe Brian !!!!
  • edited January 2007
    Why can't they just tell us when it will get released so we don't crash the server with all the refreshing?
  • edited January 2007
    There we go:

999989 bottles of wine on the wall
    999989 bottles of wine
    999988 bottles of wine on the wall
This discussion has been closed.