Bugfest?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I didn't notice any game-breaking bugs, but graphical bugs more likely. Not mentioning them all, but here's one.
    Storm-Cloud Max seems to overlay some of the textures in a square-like area, at least he did for me. (graffiti on the walls and clouds in the sky whenever he floated in front of them. ) (screeny)

Later on, the same cloud-Max got stuck on the ground (screeny-why don't these go under spoiler tags?) next to their office building, even while I already had the real Max back in his brain jar. He was still clickable and functioning just like the real thing. He doesn't disappear even if I leave the place and come back, nor if I quit the game and load my save file again.. He's stuck there, for all eternity. :D
    It's nothing game-breaking, I was still able to use Max normally and finish my game. But it's kind of weird and hilarious to see a half of his face grinning there from the asphalt.

Just wanted to point these out, sorry. If someone can, please check if the first one happens to you, or is it only my laptop that's messing up with textures? :)
  • edited June 2010
    Trica wrote: »
    I didn't notice any game-breaking bugs, but graphical bugs more likely. Not mentioning them all, but here's one.
    Storm-Cloud Max seems to overlay some of the textures in a square-like area, at least he did for me. (graffiti on the walls and clouds in the sky whenever he floated in front of them. ) (screeny)

Later on, the same cloud-Max got stuck on the ground (screeny-why don't these go under spoiler tags?) next to their office building, even while I already had the real Max back in his brain jar. He was still clickable and functioning just like the real thing. He doesn't disappear even if I leave the place and come back, nor if I quit the game and load my save file again.. He's stuck there, for all eternity. :D
    It's nothing game-breaking, I was still able to use Max normally and finish my game. But it's kind of weird and hilarious to see a half of his face grinning there from the asphalt.

Just wanted to point these out, sorry. If someone can, please check if the first one happens to you, or is it only my laptop that's messing up with textures? :)

Im having that problem too.
  • edited June 2010
    I just finished 303. Quad core, 3-way SLI graphics. No special settings. The only real bug I saw was when Sam walked around the museum, sometimes Max's brain jar was set on the floor near the entrance while Sam walked around with the empty backpack straps on his back. It stayed that way until I left or until I used Max for something like rhinoplasty. The game was pretty easy to solve.
  • edited June 2010
    The (original) copy of Escape From Monkey Island I have on PC is so buggy that its actually impossible to complete it, and it hardly runs on most systems. After encountering what has to be the worst bug ever (namely the cook coming out of the kitchen and his dialogue playing as you do the fork thing, instead of after it, as well as the game lagging and freezing), I thought I would never finish it. Luckily, I discovered the PS2 version, which has no bugs whatsoever and runs smoothly. I was thinking of buying the PS3 versions of Sam And Max Series 3 but decided not to on account of the fact I like the traditional feel of adventure games on PC.

I was pleased that the Telltale Sam And Max hasn't presented me with any major bugs, apart from the one at the end of 302 where you can't speak to Papierwaite as Max after switching back to Sam, unless you select the Max logo on a different part of the screen.

Whatever the case, 303 is probably the best Sam And Max game (of the Telltale series) I've played, and one of the best P&Cs ever. The fact that it comes in the middle of the series is astonishing. The only problem is that it was so good i completed it in less than 2days.
  • edited June 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    I came across a bug that I haven't seen mentioned yet. Though it's nothing game-breaking, it is a bit weird. After
    the Mole Woman (forgot her name) is sent to the Pit of Contrition for S'kun-kape to fight, I went back through the sewer in front of Stinky's to see if the moles were still down there. They weren't, but when I clicked on the skeletons of Sameth and Maximus, the scene played out normally, with Sam saying they should bury the skeletons properly. Then the camera shows an empty floor, and moles who aren't there say they'll take care of that.
    I hope I explained that clearly enough.
    Like I said, nothing game breaking, but still odd.
    Hold on a second. Once Neferetti is in the arena, the endgame is started and you are not supposed to be able to leave (teleporting gives "no way" to all locations, and Sam says something similar when trying to leave with the DeSoto). So... how did you leave there?
  • edited July 2010
    I think the telltale engine doesn't do proper shadows for transparent billboard objects (like Max here). That or they missed to set a flag to make it behave correctly.
  • edited July 2010
    http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/SkylarkStarflower/Sam%20and%20Max%20fanart/BugScreenshot.jpg

I'm actually not complaining about this or anything, but it is a bug my husband found while playing 302. Dunno how it happened, I just know that he said he was button mashing during a scene, and this happened. Killed the game pretty thoroughly, but resetting fixed everything just fine.

I just found it amusing, so I took a picture. ^_^
  • edited July 2010
    Ok, now that's awesome. Haven't seen crazy item duplicating since Strong Bad.
  • edited July 2010
    It isn't duping.

The weird thing is... both the ring and Flint Paper aren't even in 302 :D.
  • edited July 2010
    I know, crazy ain't it? But, and I dunno why, I get a kick outta the fact that that menu thing that popped up in the middle has icons hailing back to Hit the Road. Is it a system they were thinking about incorperating and then scrapped, but didn't remove fully, or what? ^_^
  • edited July 2010
    You mean they don't use them in the console version?

They appear in the PC version of the inventory ;).
  • edited July 2010
    Huh, I didn't know that. That was the first time I saw that menu set up in the console version, yeah. I wonder why they changed it? Oh well. ^_^
  • edited July 2010
    Never had any glitches in a S&M game. It's as cleen & sturdy as Neverwinter Nights & Baldur's Gate.

Ah...Glitches....That's a game reference I would have LOVED to see in Reality 2.0; the kind of hilarious logic-defying game bugs that don't make the computer crash. Those & exploits, the kind of funny stuff you can trigger in Oblivion or Red Dead Redemption. One glitch every game seems to have is the Windsock Glitch where an dead NPC's texture gets stuck in a building or object texture & flails around like a posessed ragdoll.
  • edited July 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    Baldur's Gate.
    BG2 had quite a lot of bugs. Just look how massive the fixlist is of the unofficial patch.

Then again it's an extremely complex RPG, so that's to be expected somewhat.
  • edited July 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Well, what do you know? I've been informed that you can't even beat the Steam version. Killer bug.

I didnt read on after this so i dont know if it has been stated(sorry if it has) but i beat the steam version. I didnt experience a bug at all(except for the duplicating max glitch)
  • edited July 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I didnt read on after this so i dont know if it has been stated(sorry if it has) but i beat the steam version. I didnt experience a bug at all(except for the duplicating max glitch)

It's depends of which episode he's talking, far I know. 303 has some bugs but, unlike 302, I don't know a killer game one, except maybe the skipping medal one. 302 has the dissapearing bust one, which I never encounter because I normally finish the games in one sit and I always keep the items in the inventory (Appart of the fact I notice almost inmediatly
    I needed to cut it in half
    but well).
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    It's depends of which episode he's talking, far I know. 303 has some bugs but, unlike 302, I don't know a killer game one, except maybe the skipping medal one. 302 has the dissapearing bust one, which I never encounter because I normally finish the games in one sit and I always keep the items in the inventory (Appart of the fact I notice almost inmediatly
    I needed to cut it in half
    but well).

Well ive played them all via steam(and still get the dvd free due to the tf2 code, i love telltale:D) and have beaten them all.
  • edited July 2010
    If anyone has FRAPS or something like it, I'd love to see some recordings of these bugs. I find glitches ammusing.
  • edited July 2010
    dudleyjohn wrote: »
    I just finished 303. Quad core, 3-way SLI graphics. No special settings. The only real bug I saw was when Sam walked around the museum, sometimes Max's brain jar was set on the floor near the entrance while Sam walked around with the empty backpack straps on his back. It stayed that way until I left or until I used Max for something like rhinoplasty. The game was pretty easy to solve.

I ran into that once. Reload helped and I never saw it again. Only other bug I managed to find happened when I loaded an early save, where I was interrogating Frakie the Rat. He turned invisible at the middle of the interrogation. Again reloading helped.

Both were harmless graphic bugs and didn't affect to gameplay in any way. Although naturally, those can sometimes be annoying and I would like to see those fixed.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think I've had any bugs.. are you people sure you're not trying to get them?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.