Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: They Stole Max's Brain! Discussion!

124»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    To be honest, I dislike Max new Season control. I've bought every episodes of Telltale adventure games from Bone to Tales of Monkey Island. I didn't like the control of Wallace & Gromit and TOMI and thought Season 3 of Sam & Max would use point & click of previous Season. I tried the demo and hated the new control, so I decided not to buy this season even it looks really good.
    Please don't bash on me because I dislike the control, but because of my handicap I've much difficulties to control character with keyboard, that why I don't play ego shooter and now you adapted these controls. I'm also very displease, that your game control become more and more console orientated control.
    If your future games control continue to go to this direction, you lost one of your first supporting customer.
    Maybe you've got enough new customer now and don't need my support.

Just a disappointed customer.
  • edited July 2010
    By the way, did you try "Click and Drag"? For whathever reason I started to like that method of controling
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    By the way, did you try "Click and Drag"? For whathever reason I started to like that method of controling

going up stairs, around corners was impossible like that. in direct control, it stays the way you're going, which is really good.
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »

yes, I tried it and it's even more difficult.
  • edited July 2010
    mynpc wrote: »
    yes, I tried it and it's even more difficult.

Ok. I was just checking
  • harringtonvoharringtonvo Verified
    edited July 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    I did like the brief but memorable appearances (can I still call them that if his face is never seen?) of the mysterious Dr. Norrington. The credits say that Norrington was played by Chuck Kourouklis, who also was the voice of the Ferryman in Rise of the Pirate God.

Telltale, if you ever get to make a new Monkey Island game and for whatever reason can't hire back Earl Boen, maybe you should hire Kourouklis as your replacement LeChuck voice instead of Adam Harrington. Just a thought.

Ouch! ;-)
  • edited July 2010
    Really enjoyed this episode, probably not as much as the last, but still great nonetheless. I'm really enjoying the more cinematic storytelling and coherent art style - the opening section with Sam driving round pummelling suspects for information amidst film noir narration and neon signs was fantastic. The move away from traditional inventory puzzles continues to work really well, providing solutions to puzzles that are less trial and error and more creative.

Only bum note for me is the control scheme - manoeuvring Sam using the virtual analogue stick would be fine if it weren't for the sudden changes in perspective, which can make navigating certain environments unnecessarily problematic . I can understand why you'd need a replacement for console gamers, but were the tried-and-tested point-and-click mechanics of previous series really broken to begin with?

That said, loving the series and can't wait for Episode 4!!
  • edited July 2010
    Dissapointing guys - Mike Stemmle has ruled out that Dr. Norrington is
    Stinky's cell phone
    . Maybe it's someone else's phone...
  • edited July 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Dissapointing guys - Mike Stemmle has ruled out that Dr. Norrington is
    Stinky's cell phone
    . Maybe it's someone else's phone...

How so, tabstis? If you could post a link to the "refutation" here, we'd be glad!
  • edited July 2010
    I'm afraid it's on the pre-order board - I quote though:
    tabstis wrote:
    4. Is Dr Norrington Stinky's cell phone?
    Ooh, gross. No.
  • edited July 2010
    Finished it , act 1 and 2 was awesome and the best moment in The Devil's Playhouse ! , The final battle was amazing ! just like Culture Shock final fight ..

Waiting and so excited for the next episode ..
  • edited July 2010
    Hey, they finally added the poster! Very noir.
  • edited July 2010
    episode3.jpg

Dang it's hot!
  • edited July 2010
    ^

Awesome !!
  • edited July 2010
    I believe my favorite joke was the music during the final fight with Skunkape.

(kinda) Spoilers:

It's originally from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhhFzE5O5U

and the more current parody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6-z7ZI750Q
  • edited July 2010
    Brilliant episode! I have to say I really enjoyed the interrogation gameplay in the beginning of the episode.
  • edited July 2010
    The big grin that Sam would get on his face after doing one of the Sammun Mac cheers made me crack up every time.
  • edited July 2010
    i have this episode on my PS3 and it was pretty good but there was one bug .... when samunmuk was in his throne room and there where 2 heads when he was standing ... i hope they dont put more bugs on episode 4
  • edited July 2010
    Telltale you did it again <33 I noticed straight away. I was listening to the tourist and I thought...sounds german...makes me think of guybrush for some reason...Majus! How cool are you guys for letting fans help in the making progress, when I comment here I don't think im saying things you guys would just ignore. :D I think its great you actually listen to the forums on ways to improve each game. I even rememeber you using a name suggestion for one of the episodes of sam and max. Please keep up the great fan service and fun story lines and gameplay ^_^ Your a awesome company!!

edit: also loving seeing this side to sam, its kinda cute that even tho he techincally abuses max with these silly play fights they seem to have a good connection. Sam seems really upset about losing max D:
  • edited July 2010
    Finally! We finished 303 today and what should i say.

I was pleasently surprised that it was harder than 302. What i really liked was the museum, nice riddles and a great place to be. Due to two errors from my side i really had problems solving it as a) i mixed up a comment from Sam that he had no bullets anymore instead of he would ran out of bullets, so i was trying to get the gorilla to shoot the zeppelin over and over again and b) that you can take a picture on a Rhinoplasty with you, so i had a hard time getting this city out of the room. I really liked the pharao's mind in Max, kind of missed him when Max was there. Anway thumbs up for the museum.

Afterwards the game was still good but not on the same level anymore. I disliked the settings afterwards a bit and the usual do something for three time ttg-mantra but at least a pyramide.

Enjoyful episode, a really good 8, the credits weren't surprising. ;O)
  • edited July 2010
    Hy guys... I'm new here... can anybody tell me how to change picture? tnx
  • edited July 2010
    Don't you think it's time to post Beyond the Alley of the Dolls Discussion ?
  • MRNMRN
    edited July 2010
    ^I was just thinking that, call Jake!!!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
  • MRNMRN
    edited July 2010
    xD hqhq
  • edited July 2010
    McGoiter wrote: »
    Did anyone else think that Sal sounded slightly like Patrick Warburton (Brock Samson, Kronk) with a hint of Jon Benjamin (Coach McGuirk)?

I thought he sounded a lot like Frank Stallone.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.