I miss the musical numbers, does anybody else miss 'em?

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
I miss them, they were pretty catchy. I STILL often sing the War Song to myself.

PS:Yes, I know I keep using questions for my thread titles.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    They're not permenantly gone - they've always been in Episode 4 of Sam and Max in the past so we'll probably see one next episode....PLEASE!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    we will definitely see one next episode, i have a feeling...
    (i havent played it yet so i wouldnt know, just saying)
  • edited June 2010
    Sam clone barbershoppers!
  • edited June 2010
    Personally, my favorite Sam and Max song was "You and me and Ted E Bear" or "No Mafia Here". Between the musical style, the voice work, and the way it's a double-layered joke, that is the one that sticks in my head. It's also purposely catchy, as well. Being a theme song to an amusement place and all.
  • edited June 2010
    How could anyone NOT love 'em? Obviously, apart from one forum user who accidentally clicked the "not really" option.

The War Song was perhaps the most inspired adventure game moment since the bones song in Monkey Island.

And where the hell was the musical number in ToMI? Truly disappointing... a tradition overturned! ;)
  • edited June 2010
    serializer wrote: »
    And where the hell was the musical number in ToMI? Truly disappointing... a tradition overturned! ;)

What about the Bongo numbers in Lair of the Leviathan?

And Yes I do think we need a musical number, and Stinky's should add the Mariachi Song to thier jukebox
  • edited June 2010
    I liked them too, though somehow, I think they wouldn't fit with the atmosphere of this season.
  • edited June 2010
    I liked the COPS song and the Soda Poppers song, but the best part was how they had lyrics, but were woven into the driving scenes and credits without any lyrics.
  • edited June 2010
    We need the Sam Clones musical number so bad, or a tentacle demon song sung by Papierwaite and Sal. Maybe a "In the Jungle" by Skun-ka'pe and the minions. We just need a catchy and funny song to make Episode 4 or 5 pure awesome.

I would like a longer version of "We love the Toy Box" by the way.
  • edited June 2010
    I dislike them. They're lame and not good.
  • edited July 2010
    I don’t like it much. It’s like songs in Shrek, I don’t like it, I just watch it with a step back. I think it’s good for the credits, but that’s all. The music of the game is already very good, don’t need to do more.
  • edited July 2010
    That's why I liked the soda poppers song. As far as I remember, there were no musical numbers to that... It played during the driving scene then again during the credits without lyrics.
  • edited July 2010
    Yohmi wrote: »
    I don’t like it much. It’s like songs in Shrek, I don’t like it, I just watch it with a step back. I think it’s good for the credits, but that’s all. The music of the game is already very good, don’t need to do more.

It's not exactly like Shrek. IMO, the War Song and the Mariachi Song were two highlights in the series.
  • edited July 2010
    "Make it more like [prequel]!" - The Internet

"Sod off" - Kroms
  • edited July 2010
    I did miss them, but I'm used to not having them this season. I will be surprised if they put one in episode 4 or 5 though.
    Plus I would be very, very happy! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Whether they like it or not, Telltale wove musical numbers into the very identity of their series of games during the first two Seasons. At this point, if there isn't even ONE musical number, it doesn't feel like a complete Season.
  • edited July 2010
    Musical numbers seem to have a habit of showing up in Episode 4s. I'm holding out hope. :^)
  • edited July 2010
    We already had a musical number this season, the toybox song in 301, so stop complaining.
  • edited July 2010
    When we played Max's Brain, Ian commented on how there still hadn't been a song yet and he was getting worried.
    I hope there is at least one. I know the sound guys did an amazing job so far but it just wouldn't feel the same without a musical number :(
  • edited July 2010
    Who's to say that the musical number won't be sung by the narrator at the beginning of the final episode? Hell, we may get a musical number in the end credits!
  • edited July 2010
    If there's a season 2 in 2012, maybe they'll bring them back.

Hmm, Sam & Max in 2012. Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?
  • edited July 2010
    I'm thinking a full musical number with the sam clones and their mysterious creator (whoever he/she is) of 'We Love the Toy Box'
  • edited July 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    If there's a season 4 in 2012, maybe they'll bring them back.

Hmm, Sam & Max in 2012. Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?
    Much better.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.