Interviews with cast & crew (merged threads)

13»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    The decision was made by Universal. The guys in the interactive department told me they’d actually been chasing Telltale to consider a BTTF game because they were so impressed by the games they’d previously done

This is my favourite part. It shows how much TellTale has grown and garnered widespread attention to the point companies are approaching them to make a game of their beloved franchise.
    We can only imagine what the future holds for TTG.
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    rgggaaaaahhh!!!!

The Animated Series will never die.

Never.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    That's not my point.
    My point is.....
    *waits for Farlander to explain*
  • edited December 2010
    Does Ryan Jones get interviewed very often? I kinda wish I could hear more about his process, what other work he does, etc.
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    ^
    That's not my point.
    My point is.....
    *waits for Farlander to explain*

Farlander explains :p ;)
  • edited December 2010
    It's possible that Bob Z was also asked but he felt he didn't have enough background on video gaming and decided to pass.

It's also possible he was too busy rolling around in buckets of motion-capture cash to bother with a game for one of his old movies. :P
  • edited December 2010
    Found this just now and I didn't see a thread for it yet, so I thought I'd share it with you. It's quite long and they're talking about a couple things related to BttF and other things.
    James Rolfe might be better known to some as the AVGN.

Link: http://www.cinemassacre.com/2010/11/05/aj-locascio-interview/
  • edited December 2010
    Anthony817 wrote: »
    Haha look at him doing the Marty singing Johnny B. Goode impersonation from the movie! Awesome!

http://vimeo.com/16829452

Only just checked this out, it is indeed awesome! Thanks for posting!
  • edited December 2010
    ^That's more likely to happen than what I had in mind.
  • edited February 2011
    Hey guys!

Following on from my recent review of Back To The Future: The Game – Episode 1: It’s About Time (“a film-to-video game adaptation done right”), I am proud to present my first exclusive monthly mini interview with Marty McFly voice actor AJ LoCascio!

Mini Interview – Back To The Future: The Game – Episode 1: It’s About Time (What Does AJ LoCascio Think?)

As always, I would love to hear your thoughts, cheers! :D
  • edited March 2011
    It's that time again! Here's AMO's second exclusive monthly mini-interview with Marty McFly voice actor AJ LoCascio!

Mini Interview – Back To The Future: The Game – Episode 2: Get Tannen! (What Does AJ LoCascio Think?)

As always, any and all feedback is very much appreciated! Also, would any of you like it next month if I asked for some questions from you guys here in the forums?
  • edited March 2011
    cool! thanks, nice avatar btw :p
  • edited March 2011
    zounds! wrote: »
    cool! thanks, nice avatar btw :p

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the interview. I like your avatar too! I actually have the same design (black outline) as a tattoo on my arm. :D
  • edited March 2011
    I think it's interesting what he says about recording the dialogue "Roughly – I’ll being doing Ep. 4 soon and Ep. 3 hasn’t been released – it sort of staggers, but that’s the basic gist".

I kind of assumed they'd all finished doing the dialogue for the entire series back before the release of episode one. This obviously shows there's a lot more flexibility than you might think and hopefully it's not too late for the TellTale staff to look at the feedback on this forum and make improvements where necessary.
  • edited March 2011
    martymcfly wrote: »
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed the interview. I like your avatar too! I actually have the same design (black outline) as a tattoo on my arm. :D

Cool! That actually is a pretty good idea for a tattoo.

I also was under the impression that they had completed the voice work. That's interesting.
  • edited March 2011
    I was already aware from my past interviews with Dom Armato (Guybrush Threepwood, Tales Of Monkey Island) that Telltale work one episode at a time when it comes to recording their voice actors. Although I am pretty sure they have everything roughly planned out for BTTF, I am also equally sure that there is still some wiggle-room to make changes each month. Regardless, I agree: an interesting and somewhat enlightening response from AJ!
  • edited April 2011
    It's that time again! Here's AMO's third exclusive monthly mini-interview with Marty McFly voice actor AJ LoCascio!

Mini Interview – Back To The Future: The Game – Episode 3: Citizen Brown (What Does AJ LoCascio Think?)

This is my longest interview with AJ yet and he does a great job explaining in detail how Claudia Wells joined the project!

As always, any and all feedback is very much appreciated!
  • edited April 2011
    ok now I just need to get another stack o demerits...lol
  • edited April 2011
    Great interview. You picked very intersting questions and I loved reading the responses. As always, keep up the good work.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Haha, that was a lovely little story about how he got Claudia involved. Nice work.
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. These interviews just keep getting bigger and better (AJ LoCascio is a great sport) so I am understandably very excited about the next one!
  • edited May 2011
    He's back! Here's AMO's fourth exclusive monthly mini-interview with Marty McFly voice actor AJ LoCascio!

Mini Interview – Back To The Future: The Game – Episode 4: Double Visions (What Does AJ LoCascio Think?)

This month's interview also features some cool photos showing AJ and Christopher Lloyd during the recording process. :D

• edited May 2011
    Good interview. I love how he described Lloyd as a laid back Doc. I'd hope Christopher Lloyd would be a bit calmer than his character at his age.
  • edited May 2011
    And it states that Gale has talked about a second season! We can only hope!
  • edited May 2011
    Nice website!

WARNING: Don't read further if you absolutely don't want the slightest spoiler!
    So it all ends with an action scene!
    :D
  • edited May 2011
    uregobland wrote: »
    So it all ends
    with an action scene!
    :D

No, not necessarily. They don't necessarily record dialog in order.
  • edited May 2011

Yeah, that is true. Sorry for the edit. :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2011
    martymcfly wrote: »
    He's back! Here's AMO's fourth exclusive monthly mini-interview with Marty McFly voice actor AJ LoCascio!

Mini Interview – Back To The Future: The Game – Episode 4: Double Visions (What Does AJ LoCascio Think?)

This month's interview also features some cool photos showing AJ and Christopher Lloyd during the recording process. :D

...woah. Is it just me, or is AJ really cute?

Ahem. Also the interview was quite interesting and informative. /nod
  • edited May 2011
    zelda42293 wrote: »
    And it states that Gale has talked about a second season! We can only hope!

The only see I would want to see different if telltale were to consider a second season is that there are more choices the player makes that effects the outcome of the final episode.(s) It could be something as simply as a name in that timeline or something more advance as seeing how the plot will end from to different sides or more. (Being the cause of it or trying to stop it.) There are many other little gameplay mechanics I would LOVE to see added: travel to any time you want, somewhat more of an RPG feel rather than TOO much of an interactive movie feel, that sortive thing. (I know I'm asking for to much.) Though, i still can't wait to see how it ends!
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I am hoping next month's final interview is going to be the biggest and best yet so please stay tuned!

Also: AJ recording action noises as his last lines doesn't mean these will be the last lines in the game of course!

And: Nintendo_Boy1 I think for Telltale to make any of these radical changes they would need to first become a radically different studio. Traveling to any time you want would be a total nightmare from a creation standpoint and we would no longer be able to have monthly, episodic adventures. Also, different endings would make it difficult to do a second season if they choose to do so.
  • edited May 2011
    As usual, a very thorough and interesting interview. It's always nice to read about what the voice actors think about the project itself and you picked excellent questions for AJ. I eagerly look forward to the final interview.
  • edited May 2011

I am sure you think this because of the last thing he recorded, and I have now learned of the context in which this recording takes place.

Everything goes back to normal and Marty and Jennifer celebrate by having sex.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.