Will this be a more mature Telltale Game, or just the same level of all your games?

edited July 2010 in Jurassic Park
Now that Telltale is making a Jurassic Park game, it got me thinking, "Based on the stuff that was in the movies, will it be Telltale's first mature title, or will it be the same T-rated stuff that they make?" Can anyone give a guess or an answer for this, so I can know if I can be able to play it or not.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I bet it'll be on the same level as the movie itself. That seems to make the most sense.
  • edited July 2010
    And in 6 months time when the game comes out filled with cartoonish looking dinosaurs in the style of Barney and slapstick humour, crude jokes and pop culture references we will be surprised...
  • edited July 2010
    They've said that it will a serious game, and that you won't get all the time you want with some of the puzzles, making the atmosphere more interesting.
    After Puzzle Agent, I have no doubt Telltale will be able to scare the shat out of us with Raptors appearing from nowhere. Just as Grant said...

You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side... From the other two Raptors you didn't even know were there.

And as for the graphics, since TOMI the graphics have been uprgaded with each game. I'm sure we'll have great graphics, but the story and the gameplay matters more in my opinion.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, like Trenchfoot said, it's been officially stated this game will be a departure for them in tone and style. It'll probably be much more serious than even Puzzle Agent was. Back to the Future will be more like what we've seen from them already, but this will be much different, and much different in its pacing.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah they will make Jurassic Park more serious and mature than their previous series.

Here's a link explaining their plans for Jurassic Park

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/21/telltales-jurassic-park-games-to-be-cinematically-much-more-se/

So thats pretty cool that they're making it more on par with the dark, serious tone of the movies.
  • edited July 2010
    I think the OP is actually asking about the ESRB rating. All three movies were rated PG-13, which falls in line the the T rating from the ESRB.
  • edited July 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    I think the OP is actually asking about the ESRB rating. All three movies were rated PG-13, which falls in line the the T rating from the ESRB.

Or M.
  • edited July 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Or M.

Agreed, Vidjamagame ratings are waaaaaayyyyy more strict than movie ratings. This is due mainly to hold over sentiments that they are "children's toys." Pretty well documented phenomenon if I cared to look it up (which I don't.)
    And in 6 months time when the game comes out filled with cartoonish looking dinosaurs in the style of Barney and slapstick humour, crude jokes and pop culture references we will be surprised...

If this happened I would lose my **** and buy it twice.
    I am a HUGE JP fan, I even liked the second movie (and I HATED the second movie.) Michael Crichton would roll around in his grave...in laughter.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.