Futures that never came true (minor spoilers)

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
The Future Vision is not the most realiable tool when comes to seeing the future and show many visions that haven't come true yet or may never come. We all know that you can change what you see through your actions and therefore can render all FV a mere possibilitie, since like you first vision (the fight with Skun'kape) never came true any action took by you, maybe even the solo act of seeing them may change the outcome.

Here are some visions that never came true (yet):

-Skun'kape fight (what happened to change that anyway? In the original vision he was not suposed to see the future)

-Max put his hand in Abe's pudding head on the sewer.

-Sam dancing his way off the office of Papier.

-Agent Superball cries.

Here are the ones that i remember. Im not counting any of the FV that you took action to prevent.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Yeah, what happened to the sam dancing? Unless that links to the earlier vision in 303...
  • edited July 2010
    No, that was a reference to
    the final battle at the statue of liberty. It's the dance that the clones are doing.

EDIT: There's also Flint finding Mama Bosco's power core, but that was just a hint about where it was hidden
    right under him
  • edited July 2010
    No, that was a reference to
    the final battle at the statue of liberty. It's the dance that the clones are doing.

Maybe... but why would the Fv show a reference? Shouldn't it only show visions of the actual future? That was Sam not a clone....
  • edited July 2010
    omiyage wrote: »

That only happens in the PS3 version.
  • edited July 2010
    -Agent Superball cries.
    Oh yeah... i wonder why that one didn't come true.
  • edited July 2010
    [In a Bosco-esque way] AAAAAAAARGH.

EDIT: Additions:
    Toy's! Bosco's store (probably here, but we never got on the street)
    NO! Not the Crysler building (obviously 305)
    I am going to find the guy who murdered my little buddy (probably 303, but never used?)
  • edited July 2010
    Because as proven in episode one the future changes and can be altered.

At the point in time it is used it will show what will happen, but things change. For example Sam & Max get to the clone controls so they aren't Paiperwaite's office when Charlie takes control of all the Sams.
    Superball crying is a mystery that could still happen.
  • edited July 2010

yeah i saw that on my PS3 XD
    i dont get it why is really different from PS3 ver to Pc

most of the people said that on PC ver on 301 ending max's head doesnt get on fire

on PS3 ver .. it does catch on fire

woow PS3 is getting good stuff :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010

This one is not a mystery. It's about the NutriSpecs psychic toy thingamabob that the PC gamers are still not given.

And the future visions that haven't happened yet (and most likely will not ever happen) that I can think of;

301, on BoscoTech roof. "NOT THE CRYSTLER BUILDING", will happen in 305 most likely.

301, Sam in Desoto, making a call to someone whom he calls "my love".

301, Sam in Skunkape's ship.
    Sam: I'm not gonna rest until I find the guy who killed my partner.
    Probably was going to be used in 303, but we can never know if it's for 305.

303, viewing Sam with Sammun-Mak:
    Sam: Check out Max, it turns out the Lady Godiva was a DUDE!
    Max: Ew, icky!

303, viewing Sal in museum after solving the puzzle of his. He says "give papa a kiss" or something suggestive like that.

304, viewing Bluster Blaster. That one just owns everything.
  • edited July 2010
    Falanca wrote: »

How did you get that? Oh and another one in 301 was Max (acting hypnotised?) mentioning Skunkape the Second, with Sam asking Max what happened to him.

Oh yeah, and Buster Blaster's future vision was very awesome.
  • edited July 2010
    Harukuro wrote: »
    How did you get that? Oh and another one in 301 was Max (acting hypnotised?) mentioning Skunkape the Second, with Sam asking Max what happened to him.

Oh yeah, and Buster Blaster's future vision was very awesome.

My apologizes if I'm mistaken, but I guess I got that one by using Future Vision on Desoto while it's on Straight & Narrow.

Oh, yeah, Skunkape the Second vision. I totally forgot that one. That time I assumed it was related with 303. I assumed Sam was somehow able to steal Skunkape's brain and for some reason put it in the brainless body of Max.
  • edited July 2010
    My apologizes if I'm mistaken, but I guess I got that one by using Future Vision on Desoto while it's on Straight & Narrow.

Oh, yeah, Skunkape the Second vision. I totally forgot that one. That time I assumed it was related with 303. I assumed Sam was somehow able to steal Skunkape's brain and for some reason put it in the brainless body of Max.

Thanks for the reply. I was asking because I wasn't sure if it was just Sam phoning up Stinky for the puzzle in 301 or if it was something completely different.

As for Skunkape 2 I thought it had something to do with a rewritten reality much like in 303 where Skunkape rules the galaxy. If that were the case then Sam and Max would have switched roles in terms of what happens in 303 (Max acting brainwased and crazy while Sam acts the same)
  • edited July 2010
    Wasn't the move love one Sam ringing Stinky to lure her to the meeting place in episode 1?
  • edited July 2010

This happened.
  • edited July 2010
    Yup.

And I found it obvious the Skunkape 2 was obviously a gag, not an actual thing that would happen in the series...
    Guess that was just me?

Sal's "run my love" at the docks however didn't yet...
  • edited July 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Wasn't the move love one Sam ringing Stinky to lure her to the meeting place in episode 1?

Well, he wasn't sitting in the Desoto and was making a different voice, yet in the future vision Sam was sitting in the Desoto and using his actual voice as if the one he's talking to knows that she's talking to Sam. Also the line used in the future vision was different than the ones used in that puzzle, so I thought they were irrelevant.

Plus, I want to see Sam with a gal.
    Even when I see Sam getting totally french'd by G.Stinky, I was all "OOH YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYIN'".
  • edited July 2010
    Oh yea! How could I forget Bluster's future! I can only assume it will happen in 305.

Sal's future may prove that he is still alive, altough Stinky didn't seem to think it on the end of 304 after the credits. I hope so, Sal is awesome as well.

EDIT: oh yea and the futures visions of Sam's death scenes after he travels to other dimensions on 304, how could we even get such a vision othr than its value to the puzzle solving?
  • edited July 2010
    Even when I see Sam getting totally french'd by G.Stinky, I was all "OOH YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYIN'".

That would probably make Max jealous.

...sorry, but I had to say it. I mean, come on. How many times can you be told that someone doesn't like girls before you wonder?
  • edited July 2010
    Well, he wasn't sitting in the Desoto and was making a different voice, yet in the future vision Sam was sitting in the Desoto and using his actual voice as if the one he's talking to knows that she's talking to Sam. Also the line used in the future vision was different than the ones used in that puzzle, so I thought they were irrelevant.

If you wanna see Sam with a gal, you should be checkin' the fanart forums.
  • edited July 2010
    If you wanna see Sam with a gal, you should be checkin' the fanart forums.

Oookay *checks*

...OH MY GOD YES. I demand more of that from your hands.
  • edited July 2010

That's not true. Max puts his hand into Abe's pudding also on PC. There is no difference.
  • edited July 2010
    Oookay *checks*

...OH MY GOD YES. I demand more of that from your hands.

...which I will subsequently post in the future. I'm just a little shy about showing my OC Casey to the fandom because, honestly, I have never seen any OC/Sam pics. EVER. So I have no idea what the initial reaction from the majority would be.
  • edited July 2010
    ChemBro wrote: »
    That's not true. Max puts his hand into Abe's pudding also on PC. There is no difference.

FAIL
    The vision is in both, but it only happens in the PS3 version. As what causes it is viewing pudding head Lincoln wth the nutrispecs
  • edited July 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    FAIL
    The vision is in both, but it only happens in the PS3 version. As what causes it is viewing pudding head Lincoln wth the nutrispecs
    What he said.

You know, Telltale, you could curb all this misinformed speculation by simply releasing the NutriSpecs...
  • edited July 2010
    Yup yup.

And wasn't Max scarred from girls for life after kissing himself in drag clothing in the past? :p
  • edited July 2010
    ...which I will subsequently post in the future. I'm just a little shy about showing my OC Casey to the fandom because, honestly, I have never seen any OC/Sam pics. EVER. So I have no idea what the initial reaction from the majority would be.

I think it's brilliant. I believe touching scenery involving a human OC and Sam won't bother the majority of the fandom, since the franchise itself is a bit careless about the whole species issue.
  • edited July 2010
    Just because something HAPPENS in the future, doesn't mean we SEE it.
  • edited July 2010
    Hopefully Bluster Blaster.... then we can have the wonderful future vision :) :P.
  • edited July 2010
    And wasn't Max scarred from girls for life after kissing himself in drag clothing in the past? :p

No, but that was something that was discussed in the Season 2 DVD commentary.
  • edited July 2010

In many of the future visions they are in different positions. Also, for me in that puzzle, he wasn't in the Desoto, nor was he using his normal voice. Future vision was the same.

EDIT:
    Yup yup.

Actually, it was kissing Sam's sister that made him not like girls. In fact, the way to solve the puzzle and make him like girls is to dress Max up as Young Max's favorite female celebrity; Maxine was her name. And then you had to have Young Max kiss adult Max. In fact, Steve Purcell approved that to happen in the episode, but they ran out of time.
  • edited July 2010
    His cousin, actually, and since it was cut from the game, it's not necessarily true.
  • edited July 2010
    I think it's brilliant. I believe touching scenery involving a human OC and Sam won't bother the majority of the fandom, since the franchise itself is a bit careless about the whole species issue.

I think I just got over it then.
    ALTHOUGH I do have just a couple more pics up on the internet right here, if you wish to see.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm most curious about the vision in 303, of Sam doing the Guybrush dance.
  • edited July 2010
    -Sam dancing his way off the office of Papier.

They just stuck that in there to add a joke. Did it remind anyone of this?
    :guybrush:
  • edited July 2010
    That's a different thing. He did a strange dance out the door in 304, not when he stood doing the guybrush dance in 303.
  • edited July 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    That would probably make Max jealous.

...sorry, but I had to say it. I mean, come on. How many times can you be told that someone doesn't like girls before you wonder?

It is already too well established that Max is just too preoccupied with violence to care about girls. ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Here is one more future vision that I didn't see happen...

303 - use it on the Sign Spinner "You can't take my toy! I need that for the general! Ahhhhhhh."

Sam: "Gee, what do you call Deja' vu in the future?"
    Max: "Deja' fu?"
  • edited July 2010

If I remeber correctly. That was when Sam uses the C.O.P.S. to pretend to be Mr. S to call Stinky.
    Sam: "...we should go to that place...with the things...that you like."
    Sam: "See you wherever that is then, uh, my love."

Although there is a difference. In the vision Sam was sitting inside the DeSoto for the call, but he actually was just standing next to it.
  • edited July 2010
    Here is one more future vision that I didn't see happen...

303 - use it on the Sign Spinner "You can't take my toy! I need that for the general! Ahhhhhhh."

The weird thing about this one is that
    it happened in the past. It was something the gorilla said when you were interrogating him at the beginning of the episode.
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    The weird thing about this one is that
    it happened in the past. It was something the gorilla said when you were interrogating him at the beginning of the episode.

I always thought that the gorilla was talking about
    those green blocks that Frankie apparently stole from him. Ever since Frankie brought them up I was wondering if they were toys of power or not. I guess we'll never know.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.