Last Sam and Max season?

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
So is this the last season? It certainly feels like it.
what do you think?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I don't think so. They could easily make more.
  • edited July 2010
    I feel like 3 seasons is a good number to end on so I wouldn't be heartbroken if they stopped.... but if they DO make another season then I'll be over joyed!
  • edited July 2010
    yeah last game for a long time i fear
  • edited July 2010
    Nope.
    Probably going to be longer to 4 with the new series, but I hardly see it being the end...
  • edited July 2010
    I think there will be another season in 2 or 3 years. Who knows really, I doubt even Telltale know for sure right now.
  • edited July 2010
    Even if only for business reasons, we'll continue to see more. And frankly, no, it doesn't quite feel like the "last" season at all? It just seems like just another adventure. I'm not seeing what narratively or structurally is different or forces a conclusion? Anyone who says this "feels" like the last really has to actually clarify that.
  • edited July 2010
    I doubt they'll end it. But it's possible the next game won't be episodic.
  • edited July 2010
    Telltale employees have repeatedly balked at the suggestion that this is the last season, so no I don't think that's at all likely. And it would be silly to stop now. Telltale likes to say how this is an ideal series for them, Steve has said they can go on for a long time as far as he's concerned, and fans (other than Rather Dashing) are still loving it.
    No, Sam & Max is their flagship series. It can get put on hold for a while, but they'll always return to it sooner or later.
  • edited July 2010
    I really really love Sam and Max after this season and all the characters within the series. I played Season One a while ago but I didn't get addicted to it as much as I have now and I think there is a ton of potential for variant in the future and since the concept of Sam and Max is so large, anything could and will happen. It must be a lot of fun to make and it is a lot of fun to play - not enough people know about Sam and Max right now and I think more seasons can bring nothing but fun...

But that's just my opinion ;)
  • edited July 2010
    I have it on good authority that this will be the last season until they make a new one.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think it'll end here. Like Harald said, it's their flagship series. There's bound to be at the very least one or two more before Telltale gives up the rights.
  • edited July 2010
    I think I'd like to see a second season of both Monkey Island and Strong Bad first, but I definitively would want a season four at some point.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think we need a sequel with Strong Bad. I would, however, like to see more of Bone and Monkey Island.
  • edited July 2010
    Yes.

/thread
  • edited July 2010
    Oh man, I sure hope not!
  • edited July 2010
    jermy52 wrote: »
    So is this the last season? It certainly feels like it.
    what do you think?

I think that feeling is moreso a building-up epic and climactic finale to the season.
  • edited July 2010
    No, but the wait might be a bit longer than usual if you think about it. Season 3 is currently telltale's top seller, so it would be strange for this to be the last season. Let's also give TTG a chance to explore other series like BTTF, JP, a possible Puzzle Agent season ect. I say 2 1/2 years before Season 4 arrives.
  • edited July 2010
    If TDP does fine financially, and there'll be inspiration for more Sam&Max, then it would be stupid not to do a 4th season.
  • edited July 2010
    Sam & Max's DPH adventure will end in death, as well as the world. While the real Sam & Max are watching a horrible future unfold many years from now. So no, not the last Season.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think it will end there, and even if this is the last season it's not the end of Sam & Max they'll just go in a different direction.
  • edited July 2010
    Rakushun wrote: »
    I doubt they'll end it. But it's possible the next game won't be episodic.

Not episodic? Who else do you think could make the next S&M game then?
  • edited July 2010
    lucas arts seems to be warming upto to puzzle games again. the two monkey island special editions had a tonne of work put into them not entirely disimilar to flat out making a new game from scratch.

while they saved on script and puzzle design they still had to make the backdrops and art, re record new dialogue and music scores, code up the new engines to handle the switching between old school and new school gameplay.

i'd say lucasarts could be using the re released MI's to get back into adventure gaming, testing the costs out etc.

but i seriously doubt this is TTG's last sam and max. more likely we will finally get MI5 from lucas arts.
  • edited July 2010
    I don;t see this as an end, I see this as just taking the game in a whole new more awesomer direction.

I'm sure gonna miss those toys next season.
  • edited July 2010
    moo535 wrote: »
    lucas arts seems to be warming upto to puzzle games again. the two monkey island special editions had a tonne of work put into them not entirely disimilar to flat out making a new game from scratch.

while they saved on script and puzzle design they still had to make the backdrops and art, re record new dialogue and music scores, code up the new engines to handle the switching between old school and new school gameplay.

i'd say lucasarts could be using the re released MI's to get back into adventure gaming, testing the costs out etc.

but i seriously doubt this is TTG's last sam and max. more likely we will finally get MI5 from lucas arts.

Why won't anyone accept that tales is MI5?
  • edited July 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    Not episodic? Who else do you think could make the next S&M game then?

A 3ed Person Shooter, an Action RPG, or they could encoporate hidden object games into their 360* non-2D settings somehow.
  • edited July 2010
    Ironside wrote: »
    Because Jake stated a couple times that it wasn't a MI5, and honestly I would consider you know something from LA, to be a canon MI5.

If you listen to the commentary for Tales that is on the DVD, they said that they wernt serious when they said Tales takes place after MI5 and that it was just a joke that everyone took seriously.
  • edited July 2010
    Ironside wrote: »
    Because Jake stated a couple times that it wasn't a MI5, and honestly I would consider you know something from LA, to be a canon MI5.

So you're saying that Tales wasn't canon?
  • edited July 2010
    Sammy wrote: »
    So you're saying that Tales wasn't canon?

Well to me, only the first two monkey Island are actually cannon because Ron wrote them, and he was just a consultant on tales, so tales is semi-Canon, now remember this is just to me.
  • edited July 2010
    THIS IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE THE END. Period.
  • edited July 2010
    An IP that is more popular than ever with it's best selling season and with fans wanting more and more?

Sam & Max are not going anywhere.

Also, the whole MI5 thing was just a joke that has gotten way out of hand. It was a supposed backstory to setup the opening scene in Tales with a captured Elane and Pox'd LeChuck. And after playing Tales, I would much rather have TellTale make Monkey Island games in the future instead of LucasArts.
  • edited July 2010
    With TTG's success and stuff I seriously doubt Steve Purcell would hand over Sam&Max's license to LA again anytime soon.
  • edited July 2010
    maybe when TDP finishs Lucas Arts could release Freelance Police
  • edited July 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    If you listen to the commentary for Tales that is on the DVD, they said that they wernt serious when they said Tales takes place after MI5 and that it was just a joke that everyone took seriously.

i never said tales was MI6 either. i never considered tales to be part of the series. tell tale made a monkey island game. but it's not monkey island 5
  • edited July 2010
    This might be the last one for at least 2 years. Telltale already has Jurassic Park and BTTF, which will most likely be the last we'll see of Telltale in 2010, then 2011 will continue Jurassic Park and BTTF, and then for the rest of '11 and for '12 they have many options for more seasons (SBCG4AP, ToMI, Puzzle Agent, etc.). Not to mention they'll probably have new franchises if the Universal games aren't a total flop (which they probably won't).
  • edited July 2010
    moo535 wrote: »
    i never said tales was MI6 either. i never considered tales to be part of the series. tell tale made a monkey island game. but it's not monkey island 5

telltale said they where joking about tales not being monkey island 5. IT IS. im pretty sure lucasarts has stated this is monkey island 5 as well(but dont quote me on that) So with that logic than super mario rpg is not a mario game because it wasnt made by nintendo. Or technicallly sam and max seasons 1-3 arent canon(if there is a canon for s&m) beacuse lucasarts didnt make them. Tales is mi 5 whether you want it to be or not.
  • edited July 2010
    New S&M Season.. yes please..
    New Bone, no thanks
    New Monkey Island Season.. hell yea! (i'm more excited on this one only because it has 1 season instead of 3 :P)

BUT!! I can't wait to see more from Back to the Future..!
  • edited July 2010
    i want more of sam and max =) .... but we dont know what will happen in season finale in season 3 if sam and max survive the ending or something ....
  • edited July 2010
    They just nailed sam and max to a tea, every season gets better and better so why shouldn't they make one topping this one? Besides sam and max should never end, hell the thing started in the 80s.
  • edited July 2010
    It's probably going to be a year or two away (possibly more if Telltale gets some new IPs off the ground), but I have to believe that as long as it successful--and the employees aren't horribly sick of it yet--there's going to be some form of sequel.
  • edited July 2010
    Easy solution: expand the company and hire more personnel.

In absolutely unrelated news, I finish college in two years :3
Sign in to comment in this discussion.