when is 305 out

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
i wonder when "the city that dares not sleep" comes out

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Yesterday. But, also Tommorow. And Definately Including Today.
  • edited August 2010
    they would have a trailer if it comes out any time soon
  • edited August 2010
    If anyone knew the release date, don't you think you'd have heard it by now?
  • edited August 2010
    but I've been waiting for week i even made a surprise thread
  • edited August 2010
    Chill out. It's only the third of August. No way Telltale's going to release this early, and they usually only let slip the release date when the game is a week from being released.
  • edited August 2010
    We can be pretty sure that it's going to be out in roughly 3 weeks anyway. And after that, what have we got to look forward to? I guess there won't be a reason to live, BTTF won't be out for at least 6 months.
  • edited August 2010
    I know. I'm very excited for this episode. A part of me wants it now, the other doesn't. I mean, right now. It's because after the season finishes, and as caeska says, there won't be anything until BTTF or JP. I may only buy BTTF as I've only seen those movies. Plus if it looks good as well.
  • edited August 2010
    Going by the previous episodes it'll probably be 3 weeks.
  • edited August 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    but I've been waiting for week i even made a surprise thread

One week doesn't mean anything. Come see me in 3 more.
  • edited August 2010
    wait till a week or 2 ... they wont release it that early ... wait till they release the screen shots of that episode .. heres the release date for now .. August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    I'm simultaniously looking forward to impatiently & dreading patiently the release, because after I play it twice, I have to wait at least a year for 401. (If it ain't broke, don;t fix it, if it doesn't suck, don't not make a sequel).

Of course TellTale has some other fun things lined up for us. As a nostolgiac, I'm really looking forward to BttF.
  • edited August 2010
    I have to say it, it now appears that it's every Tuesday for a new update of The Devil's Playhouse. So for Telltale's last chance to get rid of all the bugs for the finale, August 31 everybody.

But that's just me.
  • edited August 2010
    Who says it's definitely August. Could be Oktober, and that's why it's "finale" instead of a date in the trailer...
  • edited August 2010
    Originally posted by splash1
    So for Telltale's last chance to get rid of all the bugs for the finale, August 31 everybody.

I could wait until then, September or later if that means no bugs and they make this episode really, really good. It would be worth the wait.
  • edited August 2010
    I wouldn't count on a September release, just because MI was released in December and not November doesn't mean that it'll be like that for every Episodic game.
  • edited August 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    I could wait until then, September or later if that means no bugs and they make this episode really, really good. It would be worth the wait.

the trailer said MONTHLY episodes !!! so august 2010 if not then 2010 :p
  • edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I have to say it, it now appears that it's every Tuesday for a new update of The Devil's Playhouse.

Yeah, that's because the Playstation store updates on Tuesday.
  • edited August 2010
    Originally posted by Gogeta504
    the trailer said MONTHLY episodes !!! so august 2010 if not then 2010 :p

What about the earlier seasons? Season one took 7 months. Season two took 6 months. I wouldn't mind if there was a delay, as long as they don't say a date. Like ROTPG on European Wiiware...
  • edited August 2010
    I think it's gonna be September 7th. That "finale" thing instead of "August" seems to hint that the last episode won't be exactly "monthly"
  • edited August 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    What about the earlier seasons? Season one took 7 months. Season two took 6 months. I wouldn't mind if there was a delay, as long as they don't say a date. Like ROTPG on European Wiiware...

The first two seasons had a deliberate two-month gap between the 1st and 2nd episodes - and, season 1 was 6 episodes, so it's naturally 1 month longer.
    I think it's gonna be September 7th. That "finale" thing instead of "August" seems to hint that the last episode won't be exactly "monthly"

When you saw the trailer, Telltale could only forecast the realease schedule, and maybe they saw a similar schedule to Tales, which took one month longer than if it was released monthly. However, from posts by TTG people it seems that TDP episodes need less testing / bugfixing than expected, so it's not impossible that the finale comes in August. We'll see.
  • edited August 2010
    However, from posts by TTG people it seems that TDP episodes need less testing / bugfixing than expected
    Permission to claim they're completely wrong here...
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2010
    I, being the selfish **censored** that I am, want it released after September 16th.
    That way I can play it after getting out of Canada without risking spoilers (Nothing personal, but I think I'm allergic to Canada or maybe Canada has something against me)

Seriously, I want it "when its done" a not a day later, hopefully with no problematic bugs and as close as possible to the next release by Telltale.
  • edited August 2010
    sbcg4ap came on time
  • edited August 2010
    Permission to claim they're completely wrong here...

There's obviously a great difference from person to person. I've only encountered one bug in the four episodes altogether, and it was more funny than annoying. And I'm playing on a very old Windows XP install, which usually doesn't help things along too much.
  • edited August 2010
    There's obviously a great difference from person to person.

Not really. Unless you have a different build, the bugs are in the code you ran whether you encountered them or not. The visual glitches and the showstopper bugs in 302, at least, have been too widely reported to suggest that testing was as thorough as it could have been (either that or the devs chose not to fix the bugs they found before release).
  • edited August 2010
    I run XP.

Also, waht thom-22 says. Not seeing bugs doesn't mean it ain't buggy.
    And I don't think anyone here will go and claim they think ToMI or any other older TTG game had less bugs...
  • edited August 2010
    thom-22 wrote: »
    Not really. Unless you have a different build, the bugs are in the code you ran whether you encountered them or not. The visual glitches and the showstopper bugs in 302, at least, have been too widely reported to suggest that testing was as thorough as it could have been (either that or the devs chose not to fix the bugs they found before release).

The gameplay logic bugs, yes. The visual glitches can be caused by many things, where the game itself may not be at fault.
  • edited August 2010
    i hope episode 5 comes out before i go to school
  • edited August 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    i hope episode 5 comes out before i go to school

Amen!
  • edited August 2010
    @Gogeta504 - Totally seconded. I play these games with my fam, and it's kind of hard tio do that in two seperate time zones.
  • edited August 2010
    Two weeks left, what is the release date, we'll never know until the week after next.
  • edited August 2010
    Leonilla wrote: »
    @Gogeta504 - Totally seconded. I play these games with my fam, and it's kind of hard tio do that in two seperate time zones.

oh .. cool :p
  • edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Two weeks left, what is the release date, we'll never know until the week after next.

im guessing August - September 2010 .. if not august then im guessing September 7,2010 (thats when KH BBS comes out and Sonic Adventure PS3/360)
    if not then no one will know =( :eek::eek::eek::(:p
  • edited August 2010
    24th or 31st. That's when it will come out.
  • edited August 2010
    24th or 31st. That's when it will come out.

really??? im thinking around september because its almost end of august:p:p
  • edited August 2010
    It's only the sixteenth. There's another half of August to go.
  • edited August 2010
    You know what would be awesome. If Telltale released the game tomorrow ;)
  • edited August 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    You know what would be awesome. If Telltale released the game tomorrow ;)

I think it would more likely be the next tuesday. or later. I dunno, if it was tomorrow you'd suspect more commotion on the front page!
  • edited August 2010
    They might be using a surprise tactic, to get everyone excited.
  • edited August 2010
    A few days ago I went to the "my games" page and there was a download button next to 305. Went to a page not found error, though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.