Something That Confuses Me...

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
This ad for the Sam & Max buttons;

attachment.php?attachmentid=1786&stc=1&d=1280903103

Says that it has 4 villains and Sam & Max. Now, there's Sam & Max, Skunkape, Papierwaite, Demon Max, and... SAL?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Never know what the fifth episode might bring. And after all, he is
    working with Stinky to kill off Grandpa Stinky.
  • edited August 2010
    Someone made an interesting remark a while ago...
    Sal was working in Stinky's dinner when the toybox was in Sam and Max's basement nearby.
    Then Sal was working in the museum when the toybox was there after Papierwaite stole it.
    Then Sal was working near the warehouse where the toybox was after the clones took it.
  • edited August 2010
    Tilan wrote: »
    Someone made an interesting remark a while ago...
    Sal was working in Stinky's dinner when the toybox was in Sam and Max's basement nearby.
    Then Sal was working in the museum when the toybox was there after Papierwaite stole it.
    Then Sal was working near the warehouse where the toybox was after the clones took it.

Hmmm....
  • edited August 2010
    That wouldn't explain why Sal
    got enthralled by Charlie, unless he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • edited August 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    That wouldn't explain why Sal
    got enthralled by Charlie, unless he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Charlie is a disgruntled former employee of Sal, the mastermind, who exacted his revenge in his attempt to beat Sal at his own game.
  • edited August 2010
    I would honestly love it if he was the villain. A laid-back mastermind of unthinkable likability. A nice change from the Soda Poppers last season, who everyone complained about simply not being likable.

....Sadly, I think we can probably chalk this up to marketing guys messing up. Or a loose interpretation of "Villain" that includes "Likable obstacles".
  • edited August 2010
    Those buttons were advertised right when the Penal Zone came out. Nobody knew what Sal's angle was before Max's Brain was released. For all we knew, he was a villain.
  • edited August 2010
    Those buttons were advertised right when the Penal Zone came out. Nobody knew what Sal's angle was before Max's Brain was released. For all we knew, he was a villain.
    The people who were making the game knew.
  • edited August 2010
    It's probably the same why the "Villains line-up" from before the season featured prominently, well, non-villains.
  • edited August 2010
    I never thought of Sal as a villian. I think that'd work quite well.
  • edited August 2010
    On the pre-order bonus board, one of the hints for episode 3 was that "Someone we thought was evil turns out not to be", or something.

That was directed at Sal; I think the trick was that they wanted us to think he was evil. Liek.
  • edited August 2010
    On the pre-order bonus board, one of the hints for episode 3 was that "Someone we thought was evil turns out not to be", or something.

That was directed at Sal; I think the trick was that they wanted us to think he was evil. Liek.

or
    yog sogoth/paperwight
  • edited August 2010
    Well it could be Anyone who would be the main villian, i once thought it would be Yog-Soggoth, but we all know what happened at the end of 304. As for Sal a villian I don't really know, remember he's
    falling on a never ending pit or probably dead
    but who knows.
    Think about it Hugh Bliss and The Soda Poppers acted all innocent until the end
  • edited August 2010
    That wasn't made clear in Ep. 3 though.

EDIT: @ Sailorcuteness... got ninja'ed.
  • edited August 2010
    or
    yog sogoth/paperwight

Episode 3!
  • edited August 2010
    I always thought of Sal as the perfect villain even when it was Episode 1, no matter how cool he is he's the perfect likable guy who would want to use a demonic Toybox to take over the world. And making out with a mermaid is just one of the perks that make him closer to being an awesome villain.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, why not Sal, he's like the only character who doesn't seem to have villain potential. I wasn't expecting it from the Poppers either.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2010
    At this point in the season, I'd be seriously disappointed if TTG went for one final "oh, and by the way, here's our main villain". The whodonit part of the season should be over. O. V. E. R.
  • edited August 2010
    I wouldn't want Sal to be the villain. He reminds me of Kronk (not just because of the voice, he sort of acts similarly), and Kronk was a better good guy than a bad guy.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.