When's 305 coming out?

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
Come on, TT. It's almost september :(

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Hatley wrote: »
    Come on, TT. It's almost september :(

Could you please try searching first, or reading the blog? This is at least the third if not fourth thread on this! Falsely bloating your post count like this won't impress anyone.
  • edited August 2010
    jweir wrote: »
    Could you please try searching first, or reading the blog? This is at least the third if not fourth thread on this! Falsely bloating your post count like this won't impress anyone.

Post counts don't impress anyone anyway.
    And this is only the second one. And the first was done by shoestring793, so that didn't really count. This thread is valid as well, in that most of us are (hoping for) an August release.
  • edited August 2010

laughing_elf_man627.jpg&t=1
    Implying people other than himself actually care about post counts -or that they mean something.

That aside, I HOPE IT'S WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK.
  • edited August 2010
    And this is only the second one.
    Pretty sure there are more than 2 made in the past week... :confused:
  • edited August 2010
    Unfortunately my best guess is September 5 - 14 :(
  • edited August 2010
    I doesn't matter when it's released. We'll get an awesome, bug-free and finished product when the time comes and that's the only thing that matters.
  • edited August 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    I doesn't matter when it's released. We'll get an awesome, bug-free and finished product when the time comes and that's the only thing that matters.

I love optimism, no matter how unwarranted. :rolleyes:

And as someone who has paid for something, I, also, would like to know when it will be available. I'm not telling TellTale to rush the release, just tell us when it will be published. I don't think that's asking too much.
  • edited August 2010
    I want at least a trailer :(
  • edited August 2010
    Dead Man wrote: »
    I want at least a trailer :(

This. Don't mind waiting, but I want to see a trailer!
  • edited August 2010

Well that was just uncalled for. Serious.
  • edited August 2010
    RoadRunner wrote: »
    And as someone who has paid for something, I, also, would like to know when it will be available. I'm not telling TellTale to rush the release, just tell us when it will be published. I don't think that's asking too much.

If you want a pre-fixed release date (preferrably at the beginning of the season), then Telltale would have no choice but build in a lot of contingency, or risk the (then valid) criticism of not delivering on their promise. I assume you'd get the last episode like 3-6 weeks later in this scenario. Would it be better?
  • edited August 2010
    We're not talking about that, we talk about now.

It seems reviewers already got a copy, as does the ESRB so it should be next to done...
  • edited August 2010
    If you're gonna be a Jedi, you must learn to be patient.

patience_yoda-23672.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    Who cares about graphics bugs, I bought Sam and Max because of the story and for Max.
    I want my game (on time) or at least a trailer.

I have been always wondering about why they said "April to August" if they almost always need more time to release their game. Why not saying "May to September" then?
  • edited August 2010
    I'm hoping that why they are not showing a trailer is because it shows too much. I'm still thinking tomorrow is the release. It's gonna be like, "BAM! Here's your game!" :D

If not, I'm not complaining. I have other things to do and this week doesn't look free enough to play a videogame anyways. :/
    It seems reviewers already got a copy, as does the ESRB so it should be next to done...

My belief is that reviewers shouldn't be posting on the forums at all. Most of them just brag that they already played the game. :/
  • edited August 2010
    The date is confusing. The Sam & Max Wiki said September, then it changed back to August, then a site said August 31st.
  • edited August 2010
    If you want a pre-fixed release date (preferrably at the beginning of the season), then Telltale would have no choice but build in a lot of contingency, or risk the (then valid) criticism of not delivering on their promise. I assume you'd get the last episode like 3-6 weeks later in this scenario. Would it be better?

You're putting words in my mouth. I don't want TellTale to publish the game prematurely. I know that TellTale already has a scheduled date for the release; I just want some advance notice of when the game will be available. If, for some reason, they can't meet that date, then fine; just announce it in their blog: "Hey, everyone! We just found a way to make the game much better! It's going to push the release date back by {a week/a month/whatever}! So keep checking back for more updates!"

See, painless, and they won't have a bunch of increasingly disgruntled customers complaining in the forums. All they have to do is keep their customers informed! It's not rocket science (which is a shame, since I'm a satellite payload engineer). Sure, if they needed to delay the release, there would be some complaining on the forums. Some people would complain if Telltale gave away the games for free and came and installed them on their customer's computers. Those people will always be ignored.

And the "Telltale would have no choice but build in a lot of contingency, or risk the (then valid) criticism of not delivering on their promise" is baloney. A projected release date is just a best guess. As long as they keep their customers informed when the best-guess changes, all will be fine. At least the customer's adrenaline levels will be much lower than they are now.
  • edited August 2010
    JasonDK wrote: »
    The date is confusing. The Sam & Max Wiki said September, then it changed back to August, then a site said August 31st.

They are currently discussing this in one of the other Episode 305 threads (including why the wiki entries are being changed).
  • edited August 2010

Are you sure?
  • edited August 2010
    You're putting words in my mouth.

Wha'? :eek: I just stated the options. You can choose.
    I don't want TellTale to publish the game prematurely. I know that TellTale already has a scheduled date for the release; I just want some advance notice of when the game will be available. If, for some reason, they can't meet that date, then fine; just announce it in their blog: "Hey, everyone! We just found a way to make the game much better! It's going to push the release date back by {a week/a month/whatever}! So keep checking back for more updates!"

See, painless, and they won't have a bunch of increasingly disgruntled customers complaining in the forums.

They'd have 10 times as many complainers for missing the published release date. Even if by half a day. And I may be underestimating here.
    And the "Telltale would have no choice but build in a lot of contingency, or risk the (then valid) criticism of not delivering on their promise" is baloney. A projected release date is just a best guess. As long as they keep their customers informed when the best-guess changes, all will be fine. At least the customer's adrenaline levels will be much lower than they are now.

It's fine for you, it may not be fine for many others. It depends on your attitude towards deadlines - if I was a company delivering to paying customers, I'd certainly not project release dates that I'm not 99% sure I can meet. TTGers may confirm or ridicule me on this - but until then, you've no ground to say my post was baloney.
  • edited August 2010
    Are you sure?
    I've read a reviewer somewhere who claimed that. Guess it could be a lie though, but the ESRB point still stands...
  • edited August 2010
    they told me they are delaying it because they're mean and hate all of their fans
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2010
    A "delay" has as of yet not happened. In fact, there wasn't even an announcement that the episode would be released in August, which could, as early as in April, have raised the suspicion that it'll possibly be September.

Still, our new community manager announced the episode to happen "soon", and who are we to mistrust him? Sounds well nearer than the former "in just a few weeks"! :D
  • edited August 2010
    They're always a bit late with the last episode. The first ones come out on a pretty good month and a week ish cycle, then the last one takes a bit longer. It's how it's always been (at least that I remember).
  • edited August 2010
    You know what? I can wait. Yeah, I was expecting it a week ago, but that doesn't matter. I mean, with all this buildup, it just ensures that the game's going to be awesome. They wouldn't need so much extra time if they weren't doing something absolutely incredible.

I don't know about anyone else, but I honestly wasn't expecting much from 304. It ended up being completely amazing (the ending, at least) and one of the best games released by Telltale to date. Since this is the finale, we can all expect Telltale to try and top that, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with.
  • edited August 2010
    Didn't you hear? They decided to release the same day as Duke Nukem Forever is released
  • edited August 2010
    Dark Byte wrote: »
    Didn't you hear? They decided to release the same day as Duke Nukem Forever is released

Along with Half Life 2:Episode 3? Oh boy, a triple whammy!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
This discussion has been closed.