The Future Is Coming....but when????

edited October 2010 in Sam & Max
Just checked the site again ( http://www.telltalegames.com/516vision ), but still nothing new.... what was it for???? Any clues???:confused:

Comments

• edited August 2010
    It was just to advertise Future Vision I think.
  • edited August 2010
    I think it was for unlocking Nutrispecs on the PC and Mac versions, which probably will happen after the finale.
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, it was the first step in an ARG that never got off the ground, the end result of which would've been the unlocking of the Nutrispecs. Well, no, it wasn't the first step, first it was the future vision trailers, which pointed the the phone number, which pointed to the website.

You know, I wonder, I heard that using the Nutrispecs on Pudding Head Lincoln on the PS3 only yielded a card that didn't do anything. I wonder if that card is somehow another step in the planned ARG and maybe it extends into the other episodes in ways we don't know yet.

Or maybe it just takes up inventory space. What the hell do I know?
  • edited August 2010
    Or maybe it just takes up inventory space. What the hell do I know?

It doesn't even do that. It just dissappears into the inventory black hole. All in all, it seems kinda pointless, though the scene where you get it is amusing, at least.
  • edited August 2010
    @ TTG:
    Since it's scrapped anyway, would it be possible we get to know what the intention, theme or execution plan of the ARP was?
  • edited August 2010
    I wish we'd get those damn NutriSpecs for PC already. They had better be on the DVD... if they aren't, I certainly won't be very eager to buy any future Telltale products.
  • edited August 2010
    I kind of wish that in all the Episodes, we'd get a toy for each episode the first time we completed it. Nutrition Specs not being on PC is a flaw and we will probably be fixed by the time the DVD comes.

See Earl Boen MI Episode 1 for more details.
  • edited August 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    I wish we'd get those damn NutriSpecs for PC already. They had better be on the DVD... if they aren't, I certainly won't be very eager to buy any future Telltale products.

I don't understand why people say this.

"Oh, we didn't get a toy that does stuff all! I'm never buying anything from Telltale again!"

"Oh, my package isn't here and it's been a whole 4 days! Imma go sue Telltale's ass off!"

"Oh, so pre-order doesn't mean I get everything right away? Well, you should have made it more clear, jerks!"

"Oh, you ran out of a limited edition product that I didn't want but now that it's gone I want it? Well, bring it back, idiots!"

You see my point?
  • edited August 2010
    The Highway whines too much, dammit. Guess I have to block him now. :p

It's seem to be an internet thing. And then we find that 80% of the "Boycot L4D2!" people play... L4D2!
  • edited August 2010
    The Highway whines too much, dammit. Guess I have to block him now. :p

It's seem to be an internet thing. And then we find that 80% of the "Boycot L4D2!" people play... L4D2!

I whine too much? :p
  • edited August 2010
    I'm sorry to ask but what is exactly this NutrySpecs thing? :)
  • edited August 2010
    you dot no it Shows you the Nutrition Facts of any food item. Also works on people

(Currently only available on PS3, after you beat The Penal Zone once)
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, okay, and are there great jokes with that item? I hope it does not give away remarkable informations... does it?
  • edited August 2010
    Fazz wrote: »
    Oh, okay, and are there great jokes with that item? I hope it does not give away remarkable informations... does it?

No, it's just for jokes. You can see all the footage of them here.
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks. I watched them all, and I'm glad to discover the utility of the Abe's Head Pudding (what's the item inside, by the way?) But how do you lose those NutriSpecs? (assuming you don't have them anymore in the following videos, because all those clips were from TPZ)
  • edited August 2010
    Since it's impossible to get the Nutrispecs in your first play through The Penal Zone, my guess is that Max acquiring them isn't canon.
  • edited August 2010
    Alternative: The brainnapper took them :D.
  • edited August 2010
    Annnnnnnd... the future is still coming.
  • edited September 2010
    Any news???????

Season ended.....Can I ask what was the developers's purpose to have such website? (http://www.telltalegames.com/516vision)
    Why wasn't it ever opened?
    Something gone wrong?
  • edited September 2010
    show me a video with the nutrispeck on how to get them on ps3
  • edited September 2010
    Someone noticed it could have been a Back to the Future hint, prior to its announcement. If you take the B from Bob's and the T from Toys, you get "BT the Future is coming!"
  • edited September 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »

After you finish Episode 1, let the credits roll right to the end, then start a new game again, when you get to select locations from the Desoto, I think the Crimetron lets you know that something has been detected and you get a new location "Mysterious Alley" show up, go there, and it's actually the alley from 303 where the Tourist is, but during the day, there's a dumpster there, Examine it and Max will jump in and dig around, and he'll find the NutriSpecs.
  • edited September 2010
    I believe the site's only purpose is to say "BTTF is coming" :) Don't expect any updates
  • edited September 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    After you finish Episode 1, let the credits roll right to the end, then start a new game again, when you get to select locations from the Desoto, I think the Crimetron lets you know that something has been detected and you get a new location "Mysterious Alley" show up, go there, and it's actually the alley from 303 where the Tourist is, but during the day, there's a dumpster there, Examine it and Max will jump in and dig around, and he'll find the NutriSpecs.

i wanted a video on youtube
  • edited September 2010
    i wanted a video on youtube

Fine if you don't want them yourself, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fQZ-vk2rlo
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    The ARG will launch and the Nutrispecs will be unlocked on PC on February 31st, 2011 at 27:93 VST (Valve Standard Time).
  • edited September 2010
    The ARG will launch and the Nutrispecs will be unlocked on PC on February 31st, 2011 at 27:93 VST (Valve Standard Time).

That's a pretty precise date. Source, ple- Ohhhhhhh. Gotcha. ;O
  • edited September 2010
    In other words.... never?
  • edited September 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Fine if you don't want them yourself, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fQZ-vk2rlo

i don't have the money for a ps3
  • edited September 2010
    i don't have the money for a ps3

Well you could have said you didnt have a PS3 in the first place. The way you said it, it sounded you had the PS3 version already.
  • edited September 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Well you could have said you didnt have a PS3 in the first place. The way you said it, it sounded you had the PS3 version already.

i do not have a ps3 or any money for a ps3
  • edited September 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    In other words.... never?

Not never, just anytime between five minutes from now and never.
  • edited September 2010

all i have is 2-12 dollar and my parents wont buy me it
  • edited September 2010

all i have is 2-12 dollar and my parents wont buy me it

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying. I wasn't even talking to you. I'm still talking about when they're going to do something with the 515vision site. This would've been just as relevant:
    seibert999 wrote:

i like cheese
  • edited September 2010

you *can* get them on PC if you know which file to edit... though it would be nice if they'd somehow unlock them legitimately...
  • edited September 2010
    The utter silence on it probably means they are working on it, but it would be nice to know when. I mean if we weren't going to get them TTG would tell us...

Wouldn't they?
  • edited September 2010
    Six months ago, absolutely. Now...maybe if we're lucky.
  • edited September 2010
    So what is this mysterious 'file'?
  • edited September 2010
    Somehow I don't think Telltale will appreciate talk of modifying their games.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.