Ideal Sam and Max Voice Actors

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
I was wondering what people thought the best option for voice actors would be if money was not a problem. Personally I think Bill Farmer and William Kasten because I didn't realy like Nick Jameson's Max.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    The ones they have now
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, I can't imagine anyone fitting the characters better than David Nowlin and William Kasten.
  • edited August 2010
    Me and Silverwolfpet
  • edited August 2010
    In case people don't have them all memorized.

Hit the Road
    Bill Farmer: Sam
    Nick Jameson: Max

Sam & Max: Freelance Police (cartoon):
    Harvey Atkin: Sam
    Robert Tinkler: Max

Telltale Games series:
    Dave Nowlin: Sam (full run. Also Max, during the original trailer for Season One)
    William Kasten: Max (after 101)
    Andrew Chaikin: Max (during 101; now The Narrator)
  • edited August 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    Also Max, during the original trailer for Season One

Huh, curious. Anyone have a link to this?
  • edited August 2010
    Huh, curious. Anyone have a link to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJg0scFthP0

It's this one.
  • edited August 2010
    I think they were all great in their own way, but I've grown so used to the actors doing the voices for the Telltale games that I wouldn't want anybody else doing them anymore.
  • edited August 2010

After seeing this, my vote is on Dave Nowlin and Dave Nowlin
  • edited August 2010
    My dream team would be David Nowlin and Robert Tinkler. But all the actors who voiced Sam and Max did a wonderful job in their respective times that they played them. ^_^
  • edited August 2010
    Wow, that trailer was epic on several levels. I think my favorite part was "Jeez, you shot me in the ass, buckethead."
  • edited August 2010
    This is a really hard decision. Honestly, I think all of the people that have voiced Sam and Max did great. My favorite Max is easily William Kasten, it's when I try to choose my favorite Sam that things get complicated =/
  • edited August 2010
    uhh i like them right now i mean voice actors
  • edited August 2010
    The animated series actors (Harvey Atkin and Robert Tinkler) had a pretty cartoony voice for the characters, which is perfectly acceptable under those conditions, and in those terms, pretty funny voices. But honestly, the Telltale Games Sam and Max (David Nowlin and William Kasten) give a character to the duo that I find both hilarious and charming at the same time. But I'll have to give props to the original Lucasarts game actors (Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson). They set the original standard for the voice actors that the later one s surpassed, but looked to for inspiration.
  • edited August 2010
    Dave and Will. They are the best and everyone else who says they aren't are full on drugs.
  • edited August 2010
    A Tie between David Nowlin/William Kasten and Bill Farmer/Nick Jameson.

I'd vote for Bill Farmer/William Kasten, but it'd feel too weird to separate the two voice actor groups. I still can't play through Culture Shock without feeling like it's not really Max, when character designs are that simple they're characterised by their voices.
  • edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Dave and Will. They are the best and everyone else who says they aren't are full on drugs.

Oh you did not just go there, my friend...
  • edited August 2010
    For Sam, I'd go with Bill Farmer, and Max I think all the others did a great wacky job.

This site I was sent helped make my decision. It's got sounds.
    http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Sam-and-Max/

Actually, you know what, I'll lean slightly for Robert Tinkler for Max :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.