Favourite lines from 305

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
GO GO GO!

I laughed out loud at Sybil talking about her honeymoon, then Sam saying "That was a lovely story, and one you must never mention again in my presence"

What about yours?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    "Why are you sad?" Said paco. "These changes are normal at your age."
    "I wanted scaly bat wings! Not spine spikes!"
  • edited August 2010
    All of Curt's CSI-style quips were great.

"You COPS are really getting on my nerves."
    "And soon Max's nerves... will be on you."
    YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
  • edited August 2010
    I loved Sam's "synopsis" of Escape from New York :D
  • edited August 2010
    ENxr5.png
  • edited August 2010
    The whole routine which is basically a "screw you" to those who still won't stop going on about how much better Hit the Road was was my favourite. :D
  • edited August 2010
    -Sam: One recipe to rule them all, and an egg for binding.
    -Fake Max: Neeeeeeerrrrddd!

-Sam: Molemen molemen molemen
    -Sammun-Mak: for the last time stop it!
    -Sam: Rabbit Season!
    -Sammun-Mak: I SAID STOP-..wait, where't you suppose to say "Molemen"?
    *door opens*
    -Sammun-Mak: ...Damnit
  • edited August 2010
    Teeth wrote: »
    The whole routine which is basically a "screw you" to those who still won't stop going on about how much better Hit the Road was was my favourite. :D

"It was harder... and more complex... and longer... and the voices were..." :D
  • edited August 2010
    Another one, not actually a line but: The faces of Sam and Paperwaite when Sybil's water breaks is absolutly hilarious...
  • edited August 2010
    When you use toothbrush with the rock in the cage on Skunkapes ship.
    Forgot the exact line word for word but something about him being unable to move the rock and wishing he's paid attention to the curling finals in the Olympics.
  • edited August 2010
    Another good one:

Abe Lincoln: Now I'm not one for speeches...
  • edited August 2010
    Another one, not actually a line but: The faces of Sam and Paperwaite when Sybil's water breaks is absolutly hilarious...

Dear God, this. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. (And I just about doubled over at, "...pennies?" too.) Honorable mentions also go to the Hit the Road shout-out, and this, which is currently my AIM status:

-Sammun-Mak: Why on earth should I help YOU?
    -Sam: Because you're a brain in a jar, and I know how to boil things.
  • edited August 2010
    Sam: I've changed Sybil; I totally get into the whole parenthood thing now.
    Sybil: You do?
    Sam: Tax deductions.
  • edited August 2010
    I haven't memorized any notible lines yet, but I LOVE the concept of Satan producing a documentary in order to disassociate himself from what's been happening this entire season. :D
  • edited August 2010
    Papierwaite: Who's that guy?
    Sam: He's just the manifaction of Max's super-ego.
    Papierwaite: Oh...
    Norrington: Makes sense.

Random Gorilla Clone: See? Again with the hobos! What's his problem anyway?
    Sam: Don't kill him, Flint. He's Grandpa Stinky.
    Flint: Oh okay.

Sam: You're LYING!
    Narrator: Oh well, I guess I have to come clean. I've been brought by much supreme beings in order to aid you in your quests. I believe likes of you can call me an "angel".
    Sam: Oh... Really?
    Narrator: Of COURSE NOT. I'm the manifestation of the superego of a psychopathic bunny who's gifted psychic powers and turned into a gigantic monster by a superpowered Toybox. Sometimes the best answer is the much simpler one.

Giant Max's Sailor Moon pose, Narrator's ability of working the title in aaand all Sam Jr. moments were also pretty great.
  • edited August 2010
    wellgolly wrote: »
    It was horrible!

This! I completely forgot it was the comics, too, but it doesn't make it any less funnier.

I nearly fell out of my chair at that happened. The look on their faces is just perfect.

One of my other favorites is the Narrator's title drop and subsequent nod to the audience: "Didn't think I could work in the title, did you?"
  • edited August 2010
    The character intros were pretty good. The devil has a lawsuit against the makers of this game :)
  • edited August 2010
    The Intro of Sybil just crack me up.

Sam: I think you are just racionalizating all the bad things you are doing just to feel better to yourself
    The Narrator: ... Dah... I'm the Super-Ego, that's basically what I do.

And all the part of Blowing up the North East Part of USA just because Max didn't hear him in his life. That was soooo Max. In a way.

Sam: I feel that was just yesterday when I see him hatch. Which is odd, because that happened just hours ago.

Momma Bosco: I see you are trying to write a letter, do you want any assistance?

And when you active Max's Controls but just the legs. That was fun, but I cannot remember it.
  • edited August 2010
    Papierwaite: I'm so nervous and frightened! All the blood is rushing to my brain!
    Dr. Norrington: Walk it off, princess!

Flaming Head-Max: Troo-la-loo-la-loo...
    Grandpa Stinky: Hey! That's an Irish lullabye!

Sam: What's the problem, junior?
    Sam Jr.: (sobbing) I never learned to read!
  • edited August 2010
    Fake Max: Madre de Dios, La Cucaracha!
  • edited August 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    And when you active Max's Controls but just the legs. That was fun, but I cannot remember it.

Max is doing Guybrush dance 8D
  • edited August 2010
    Papierwaite: I'm so nervous and frightened! All the blood is rushing to my brain!
    Dr. Norrington: Walk it off, princess!

When did this one happen?! I wanna hear iiiiit D:
  • edited August 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    When did this one happen?! I wanna hear iiiiit D:

Talk to Papierwaite when you just get into Max's stomach, but do it BEFORE you put the espresso in the food processor.
  • edited August 2010
    Thank you! I'll be sure to do that next playthrough.
  • edited August 2010
    when you first try to control monster max (both with and without arms) and Sam, Sybil, Paperwaite and Norrington do a "Form Voltron" speech.
  • edited August 2010
    Sam: "...and on my birthday, too...
    ..."
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Narrator: Oh well, I guess I have to come clean. I've been brought by much supreme beings in order to aid you in your quests. I believe likes of you can call me an "angel".
    Narrator: Of COURSE NOT. I'm the manifestation of the superego of a psychopathic bunny who's gifted psychic powers and turned into a gigantic monster by a superpowered Toybox. Sometimes the best answer is the much simpler one.

I think he even says "OF COURSE NOT, that would be stupid!", doesn't he? Which makes it even funnier :D
  • edited August 2010
    I think he even says "OF COURSE NOT, that would be stupid!", doesn't he? Which makes it even funnier :D

Yeah I totally forgot that part! >.<
  • edited August 2010
    Patton Oswalt.
  • edited August 2010
    Hubert wrote: »
    ..."
    Falanca wrote: »

Those lines are pure genious. And I was expecting the Mariachis to appear. :'(
  • edited August 2010
    Not just the lines are great here, but especially the "moves". So screenshots to do them justice...
    lovesammax.th.jpg

sadmax.th.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    When Sybil starts telling the story and Sam blanks out... :D
  • edited August 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    When Sybil starts telling the story and Sam blanks out... :D

Yeah, I lost my mouthful of water at that point, and then his explanation of it afterwards "To avoid permanent damage" - :)
  • edited September 2010
    Can somone make the screenshot of Sam and Paiperwaite after Sybil's water broke for 1600*1000, pretty please.
  • edited September 2010
    Hubert wrote: »
    ..."

When was this one?
  • edited September 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    When was this one?

I think that was in Max's Inventory, when you click on the Mariachi Frogs for the first time.
  • edited September 2010
    Well in fact if I remember correctly the exact line was "for my birthday". Am I wrong?
  • edited September 2010
    Sam: Sam & Max fans are the best in the world!

(Paraphrasing...)
    Sam: Max's superego is a monochromatic, fey, British gentleman?
    Narrator: Hmm. Yes. Well, you're fat. It seems that neither of us gets the respect we deserve.

Curt: Soon your BFF...will be DOA.
    Chippy: PREEEEEYYYYOOOOOOOOW!

There's probably a billion others, but...that's all I can remember right now.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't know why but I really loved Stinky's 'God, keep up!' after she revealed that she was a mermaid :)
  • edited September 2010
    I wrote some verbatim as I was playing (mostly the pun-centered/nerdy ones so that I can intrduce my pun-loving nerdy friends to Sam and Max):

(looks at enzymes)
    Sam:"I always knew Max was using performance enhancers"

Spore:"Another party member! Oh, this is going to be the best campaign ever!"

(sees the telephone)
    Sam:"Must be a cellular phone."

Sam:"It sounds like you're just rationalizing away ever evil decision you make just to convince yourself it's right!"
    Narrator:"Cha, yeah, SUPER-EGO! That's pretty much what I do."

+ The one in my siggy
    Balso I love that 'Battery' Park was a park with GIANT batteries.
  • edited September 2010
    Sam: How do you keep yourselves flaming, anyway?
    Spore: WE ARE FUELED BY THE INEXTINGUISABLE FLAMES OF THE HUMAN IMAGINATION! Also, kerosene.
    Sam: I can't see any kerosene. Where is the supply line?
    Spore: That's none of your damn...
    Sam: *slaps* Na-ah, noone else can use my little buddy's catchphrases.
    *Spore flies away with a shocked face*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.