Mermaid?

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
So... I've finished 305. But at no point in the game did I actually hear Girl Stinky admit that she was a mermaid. Now, reading the forums people seem to take it for granted, but where did they actually say it in-game? There's no place where I can talk to Girl Stinky directly this game, and all I actually learned is that she isn't really a demon cake.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Flint calls Stinky a mermaid during the battle at the clone lab, Sam reacts surprised and Stinky just says something similar to "you mean you didn't know already?"
  • edited August 2010
    Really? I don't recall seeing that at all... was it right when you first walked in? Or do you have to click on something?
  • edited August 2010
    You have to click the Box of Stuff under the Fog machine for that conversation though.
  • edited August 2010
    I never saw that either. I'll have to replay it. I saw the explanation about Stinky and Sal being con artists.
  • edited August 2010
    God, guys. Catch up.
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale must have panicked after 301 where everyone was saying "I bet stinky's a mermaid"
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale must have panicked after 301 where everyone was saying "I bet stinky's a mermaid"

Nah, it was an original plan for Season 2. And she's had her mermaid apron for ages... if they hadn't said she was a cake, it would be fact.
  • edited August 2010
    SPOILERS!!!

I learned a lot of interesting things about the Stinky's this season.
    *Grampa Stinky hasn't slept in 3 years.
    *Grampa Stinky cannot be killed (is his brain or body indestructable? & is his body still floating around in space if it's the latter?)
    *Grampa Stinky never said WHEN he created Girl Stinky.
    *Sal practically said either that he & Stinky have been trying to kill Stinky for at least 20 years or that they had been dating that long. He was either going to tell her that he wanted to stop trying to kill, or he was going to break up with her.
    *Grampa Stinky has a weird thing with cakes & has been associated with 3 different kinds of cakes.

Is Stinky himself a demon cake of someone else's creation?
  • edited August 2010
    And remember back in 302, the poster in the century-old theater advertising a show called "The Mermaid and the Cockroach"?
  • edited August 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    *Grampa Stinky cannot be killed (is his brain or body indestructable? & is his body still floating around in space if it's the latter?)
    He can be killed. He died at some point before 205 in a mountain climbing accident.
  • edited August 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    He can be killed. He died at some point before 205 in a mountain climbing accident.

No he did not.
    That where Stinky said he was, but quite clearly he did not die.
  • edited August 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »

I think that was the reason why Stinky believed he couldn't be killed. She thought he had survived that when he returned from Hell.
  • edited August 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    No he did not.
    That where Stinky said he was, but quite clearly he did not die.
    Why was he trapped in Hell for eternity if he didn't die?
  • edited August 2010
    Oh yeah my bad total blanked on that one!
  • edited August 2010
    She claimed that was his reason, but S&M didn't buy it.

The twist was when in 205 we meet him in hell and he says that *was* actually the reason he died.
  • edited August 2010
    The twist was when in 205 we meet him in hell and he says that *was* actually the reason he died.

When is that? I don't remember him being in a box! :(
  • edited August 2010
    Yup, he was in the-
    hell cooking show with Stinky and the rats, you got him out with tiny's 'cursing',
    in 205
  • edited August 2010
    Ninja'ed.

But yeah, he was in the cooking show.
  • edited August 2010
    He was? Oh, thanks. I did remember of
    Girl Stinky and the rats, but not of Stinky himself
    . By the way, to cover the spoiler, its with [*spoiler][/spoiler*] (without the asterisks.) ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Thank you Fazz!

I think it's funny that my first impressions, of Girl Stinky
    (She's a murderous mermaid)
    were disproven
    (She's actually a cake!)
    then sudennly revealed to be correct in the end.
  • edited September 2010
    I find the Stinky reveals to be disappointing, actually. They feel too much like retcons. The worst part about it is that one thing Stinky has never been is a good liar, always getting absurdly nervous at the slightest probing. That's why I was convinced that she had to be telling the truth about not being with Skun-ka'pe back in 301: she just wouldn't be capable of lying about it convincingly. To find out now that all of that is retroactively a big act on her part is a bit much.
    And can anyone tell me what her big plan was anyway? How do you scheme for decades over something as simple as getting a diner of your own, and what's the magical step from "Get diner." to "World Domination"?
  • edited September 2010
    In the ship it seemed like all she wanted was her dinner (Didn't he say something along the lines of: "We'll get you a new dinner in another galaxy!") and needed to kill Grampa Stinky to get it. I didn't think she was with Skun-ka'pe at the time she denied it, I thought she was with Sal but went along with Skun-ka'pe at the end so she could get what she wanted, she didn't seem thrilled about being there with him. I'm not sure though, her story feels more complicated to follow than Max A's.
  • edited September 2010
    Thoroughly happy with Stinky's fate, personally. She was always an irritating character with far too much screentime, the "cake of the damned" thing was stupid even for Sam&Max, it was never clear why she did any of the things she did besides "having sinister motives" and the Mermaid thing made little sense as well.

Too bad about the General, though - I hope that either he or a character like him returns in a future episode. General W'ndgoo, perhaps? And I really hope Grandpa Stinky stays gorilla-shaped, there's a lot of jokes that can come from that and he was always a better character than his granddaughter.
  • edited September 2010
    he
    did die
    , then he went to
    hell
    where
    sam and max
    brought him back, he then went back to his
    old diner
    , maybe he can't
    die
    because he
    came back
    . I just found out how to do spoiler tags, if you didn't know this was a
    joke
  • edited September 2010
    i can't do spoilers, i thought it was
    none of your business
    but nothing happens
  • edited September 2010
    The syntax is [SPOILER*]text[/SPOILER] (without the asterisk, of course.
  • edited September 2010
    This is what i was talking about earlier, I ask for something then go off and end up stumbling on the answer only to come back and have someone tell me what i just found out. Thanks for telling me anyway. Anyways Max is
    a lagomorph with psychic powers
  • edited September 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    The worst part about it is that one thing Stinky has never been is a good liar, always getting absurdly nervous at the slightest probing. That's why I was convinced that she had to be telling the truth about not being with Skun-ka'pe back in 301: she just wouldn't be capable of lying about it convincingly. To find out now that all of that is retroactively a big act on her part is a bit much.

It's not. She was telling the truth back in 301 because she was not with Skunkape at the time. She only started to be in cahoots with Skunkape when he saved her from a deadly fall in 305.
    Eyeball wrote: »
    Thoroughly happy with Stinky's fate, personally. She was always an irritating character with far too much screentime, the "cake of the damned" thing was stupid even for Sam&Max, it was never clear why she did any of the things she did besides "having sinister motives" and the Mermaid thing made little sense as well.

Too bad about the General, though - I hope that either he or a character like him returns in a future episode. General W'ndgoo, perhaps? And I really hope Grandpa Stinky stays gorilla-shaped, there's a lot of jokes that can come from that and he was always a better character than his granddaughter.

Stinky survived. She then proceeds to get rich off of Grandpa Stinky's Gooey molasses tar cake recipe, selling them as adhesive, and bought the Freelance Police. The secret is Bitumen-13.
  • edited September 2010
    if stinky survived then max survived to, as he's in the future in 204 where the newspaper about stinky is located
  • edited September 2010
    if stinky survived then max survived to, as he's in the future in 204 where the newspaper about stinky is located

That's probably Past Max from the ending of 305.
  • edited September 2010
    If you looks at here apron it looks like a mermaid tail/fin.
  • edited September 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    That's probably Past Max from the ending of 305.

That's what I thought before, but I totally forgot that Stinky's buisness was referenced to! If Stinky surived then Max Prime (or his brain at least-Max A+ Max Prime brain transfer/fussion anybody?) might be around! :D
    But...probably not.
    Even the Stinky of the future thing could be just Grandpa Stinky nameing it after her, to like, honor her death or more likely, to increse profits (even the second one is unlikely though considering his
    personal hell was based around Girl Stinky getting more attention than him for 'his' work,
    and the first is crazy out of character unless the body switch made him suddenly affectionate towards Girl Stinky, which would be odd) or the "Stinky" we saw was actually Stinky's clone/twin/eviler twin/good twin.

I just realized that 'Stinky' is a silly name.
  • edited September 2010
    you don't see stinky in the future, any of the stinkys, we only see grampa stinky in the past, or do you mean the newspaper article?
  • edited September 2010
    One thing that bothers me. Stinky's phone has a number for a pizza place which is used for the crime-tron, but it was Sal she went there with not Skunkape, so why is there a clue on top of the building there which leads to skunkape?
  • edited September 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Stinky survived. She then proceeds to get rich off of Grandpa Stinky's Gooey molasses tar cake recipe, selling them as adhesive, and bought the Freelance Police. The secret is Bitumen-13.

We have to realize that Skun'ka-pe drastically altered the future in 301. Who knows what would have gone on had he been defeated earlier?
  • edited September 2010
    Wait, now I'm confused. She's a mermaid AND a cake?

But, the cake...

Stinky...

Demon cake.

Am I missing something?
  • edited September 2010
    One thing that bothers me. Stinky's phone has a number for a pizza place which is used for the crime-tron, but it was Sal she went there with not Skunkape, so why is there a clue on top of the building there which leads to skunkape?

My thought is that Stinky is with anyone who can further her plans, be he Sal or Skunkape or whoever. She has been on Skunkape's side as soon as he appears, lying about Skunkape kidnapping her.
  • edited September 2010
    you don't see stinky in the future, any of the stinkys, we only see grampa stinky in the past, or do you mean the newspaper article?

The article where
    you find the secret ingredient
    shows her and I thiinnk Max talked about her being mega-rich.
    Unless I just imagined it, which is (hopefully) unlikely.
    We have to realize that Skun'ka-pe drastically altered the future in 301. Who knows what would have gone on had he been defeated earlier?

Wait, how did Skun-Ka'pe alter the future?
    Wait, was it
    oh wait, yeah, the stealing of the future vision and how what happens is different from the begining of the game cause Skunk-Ka'pe-
    OH!
    Damm!
    That means that Telltale pretty much has a catch-all explanation for why anything we saw as the future prior to 301 dosn't exist/is altered; the 204 "future" is irrelevant!!!:eek::eek::eek:!!!!!
    Wait, now I'm confused. She's a mermaid AND a cake?...Am I missing something?

In 305,
    when you are in the clone chamber while flint is fighting evil space gorrilla clones
    it is revealed that she is not a cake, just a mermaid.
    I think.
  • edited September 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    My thought is that Stinky is with anyone who can further her plans, be he Sal or Skunkape or whoever. She has been on Skunkape's side as soon as he appears, lying about Skunkape kidnapping her.

Yes, she was by his side in The Penal Zone, both during the future vision opening and the scene in front of Bob's Toys!s, but she didn't seem especially about being "his queen." He put her in a hamster cage and she kept complaining about how creepy he was until Sam and Max told her that he held the keys to her cage. If she had her druthers, she'd further her plans with Sal. She definitely loves him.
  • edited September 2010
    This is something i don't understand.

Why would Telltale revisited Girl Stinky's story in a most incoherent way making a huge mess. I mean, she was transformed into a cake right in front of you and then you stick a rib into it, (clearly not a projection).
    This is why i don't like episodic. The story always ends messed up some way or another.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.