Accidentally saved over a game slot in Sam & Max 305

edited August 2010 in Game Support
So yeah, I accidentally saved over my game slot with my sister's by accident. Is there any way to get my old game back or will I have to play from where she's at?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    Sadly, I think you are out of luck on this one. Sorry!
  • edited August 2010
    Alright.

On the bright side, I'll be able to find more of the hidden dialogue, so it's not a total loss. ;)
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited August 2010
    You might be able to recover an older saved game if you are playing on Mac and have Time Machine activated (or whatever Windows' equivalent for Time Machine is - if there is one - if you're playing on PC).
  • edited August 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    You might be able to recover an older saved game if you are playing on Mac and have Time Machine activated (or whatever Windows' equivalent for Time Machine is - if there is one - if you're playing on PC).

There is none, except for the System Backup thingie, but generally it just messes your computer up.
  • edited August 2010
    Not to mention that's about systemfiles, it doesn't remember stuff like Sam&Max saves.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    There is none, except for the System Backup thingie, but generally it just messes your computer up.
    Not to mention that's about systemfiles, it doesn't remember stuff like Sam&Max saves.

Actually in Windows Vista/7 there is Volume Shadow Copy, which also includes user data.
    Windows 7 offers me previous versions for e.g. slot02.save and slot02.prop.

So there is at least a chance to recover the file depending on the Windows Version and Timing, because it only creates shadow copies once a day automatically.
This discussion has been closed.