SPOILERS! What was your favorite ending?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Maybe you get that ending if you don't pick up Sam Jr and choose adventure? That would make more sense than if you do, since he'd already be in your inventory in that case.
    First time through I didn't pick up Sam Jr., and chose Adventure. Second time through I chose Adventure and DID pick him up. No change. :mad:
  • edited September 2010
    I do like crimefighting better, felt like a true Sam and Max ending because of the dialogue, although yes, the adventuring ending was more emotional. Though I don't like it as much because what of ot causes more problems for them in season 4? Oy vey!
  • edited September 2010
    same with me. I've just found out that he'll only appear when you do crimefighting, not sure if you need to pick up sam jr tho
  • edited September 2010
    what i don't understand is them having adventures in a different time, unless they stole the future carbon dater from the ship they'd have to go through the different time periods you go through, and in those periods you can't leave the room, the only way it could work is if they escape through the window in future sam and max's apartment using max's floating whatever it is. Even then there's no way max could get to sam without some sort of card to put in the time elevator. Thats the only thing that doesn't make sense to me.
  • edited September 2010
    I love it when this happens
    got ya didn't I?
    it was pretty funny
  • edited September 2010
    Adventuring was more poignant. I dunno, the part where Sam picks his hat up is a great final shot.

Though Crime-fighting is funnier, and cooler, because I always loved the idea that Sam and Max fights crazy super-villains on a daily basis.

So I choose crime-fighting.
  • edited September 2010
    what i don't understand is them having adventures in a different time, unless they stole the future carbon dater from the ship they'd have to go through the different time periods you go through, and in those periods you can't leave the room, the only way it could work is if they escape through the window in future sam and max's apartment using max's floating whatever it is. Even then there's no way max could get to sam without some sort of card to put in the time elevator. Thats the only thing that doesn't make sense to me.

That's a thread for another time, one that I'm planning on once my notes become legiable again. :D I should never try to figure out a Deus ex Machina while watching LOST strung-up on energy drinks. It makes my brain itch.
  • edited September 2010
    From what I gathered past sam & max worked out how to use the "button controls" as well as the time cards (as there was some buttons in the elevator).
  • edited September 2010
    I suppose, the mariachi's did go to different times so maybe the time cards were just shortcuts, a way to go back or forward without pressing any buttons, maybe the past sam and max could go to a specific date by pressing the buttons or something.
  • edited September 2010
    I do like crimefighting better, felt like a true Sam and Max ending because of the dialogue, although yes, the adventuring ending was more emotional. Though I don't like it as much because what of ot causes more problems for them in season 4? Oy vey!

Yeah, that's my big problem with it. Adventuring was the one I chose (I had no idea it would decide the ending, I thought you would get to say both in the conversation) and I did not like it. The elevator thing felt awful and sad because it wasn't real Max (which I was expecting) and when I saw them go into the elevator to tavel through time I thought that was Telltale's way of saying "This wasn't just a season finale, it was a SERIES finale" which was even worse. I REALLY want more Sam and Max games but I don't know how they can do that if they're still traveling time and space. It also just felt awkward to have them just leave together, Sam Prime and Max A -the Max A rather than real Max at the end felt horrible to me when I first saw it- to cause MORE timeline confusion.
    Then I saw crimefighting, was fine about Max A and was like, "Oh!" because it made sense and it felt right for them to continue their crimefighting and case solving, especially after Sam's long walk of deppresion.
  • edited September 2010
    Mooshiiii wrote: »
    Crimefighting End:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-5a7ujlNKg

I can't find the adventuring end.!

Here (didn't find it in the rest of this thread and haven't looked for others yet):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA3a_1YNgU4

Haven't decided which one I like yet... :cool:
  • edited September 2010
    I accidentally chose Adventuring...but I still liked that one, just because I liked seeing Sam and Max standing side by side again, and I loved the final scene where Sam grabs his hat again. Since he apparently only takes it off when he's in mourning - when Max's brain was cut out, and when he died later - it's kind of like showing the player that he's going to be okay, now.

But I love the Crimefighting ending, too. The ending shot for that scene is breathtaking, and it's a lot funnier. It made me feel more comfortable with the season ending, since it seemed more like things actually got back to normal. Like everyone else has already said, it seemed more like the status quo was restored.
  • edited September 2010
    i like bouth ends, for me the perfect choise is to mix them on my head, xDi liked Crimefighting because i like what Sam says when you chouse the option, i faind it more touching, and it gave scense to the part of the game when Sam becames noir, is somthing you naw know it would happend, when you chouse the adventuring option, isnt as emotive what sam says about what would happend to hem if he lost Max, but on the Adventuring the hat part, was very touching, the action kaind of tells the same that Sam tells literaly on the crimefighting option, you know,the hat,goodbye funny me, becoming noir, for other side i really felt that the meaning somehow was that Sam left besaide hes friend, even when he was alive. Buuuuuut, i have to admit that i faind the Crimefighting end emotive to, and i like the conversation at the end, with the sunset and the giant cockroach,take us more to the wirdo surreal not so normal but normal for them self world of the freelance police, scinse on the other end they didnt talked to mush when their back to normal, anyway they were, but to xD sooner, when max suggest sam to push all the botoons and sam,s says "you ckrack me up little buddy". But again i like the two endings, anyone more than other. So the ps3 has other ending 0.0, well, but the pc players have two endings so i dont see way the pc players are so disapointed ^^, the ps3 ending saunds fain to, pour Sam Jr, almost left behaind by hes father. xD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.