How to get balloons to Sybil??? episode 305

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
I know it's probably the most simple solution... but i cant get the balloons to sybil so i can operate max's legs!!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    You don't need balloons. You need to understand her frame of mind, what it's like to be a father...
  • edited August 2010
    Shortman wrote: »
    I know it's probably the most simple solution... but i cant get the balloons to sybil so i can operate max's legs!!

This should be in game help. And you don't need them.
  • edited August 2010
    You don't need to give her the balloons. I really don't want to spoil the solution, but you don't need to give her them.
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, I understood what to do right as a posted this :p I feel stupid when I do things like this!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2010
    I actually get the feeling that the balloons were a riddle that was cut eventually. Why go through all the trouble animating a cactus when there's no relevance to the game?
  • edited August 2010
    They didn't really animate a cactus. It just sort of... wobbled about... You might be right though.
    Anyway, I love the OP's thinking here. "She's heavy, get her some balloons" :D
  • edited August 2010
    Max was a cactus in 301.

So it's not like they used new stuff...
  • edited August 2010
    Off topic, but I loved the throwbacks to Hit the Road in his inventory.
  • edited August 2010
    Soeroah wrote: »
    Off topic, but I loved the throwbacks to Hit the Road in his inventory.

"It was longer, too. And the voice acting was..."
  • edited August 2010
    Max was a cactus in 301.

So it's not like they used new stuff...

No he wasn't/

Max was a leafy plant in 301, with a max face clearly visible on the wide pot.

The cactus was completely different.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm pretty sure they only used a cactus model they modelled waay before. Can't quite say where it can be from, though.
  • edited August 2010
    There were cactuses in Sybil's. I can't remember if they're the same as the one in 305, though.
  • edited August 2010
    303 then?
    I do remember Max running around like a cactus, but maybe I did confuse it with the plant.
  • edited August 2010
    Nope at no point in the game did max get cactus mode.

In episode 1 - We only had rhinoplasty for the future vision sequence where he went plant and bazooka
    Episode 2 - We nvr had it
    Episode 3 - We had the cityscape, the skull, the blimp in the museum. Then the credit card, toaster and rain cloud in the faux reality.
    Episode 4 - We had the cake and the car

No cactus.
  • edited August 2010
    The plant in the opening sequence was a cactus, wasn't it??? Or something a lot like it. Oh, and you forgot the pyramid in the museum. And also the 4 transformations at the end fo 304.
  • edited August 2010
    Nope not a cactus at all
    64555430.png
  • edited August 2010
    It's got the same pot. I'm guessing that's why some people thought they had turned into it before (and it doesn't look THAT different.)
  • edited August 2010
    21617825.png
    Not the same pot, cept colour. Note lack of Max's face and its fatter.

And totally different plant.
  • edited August 2010
    Only a fool would consider that first plant to be a cactus.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm just saying that that is why some people felt they had played as a cactus before... (oh and there MIGHT have been a cactus at the end of 304? Idk)
  • edited August 2010
    Only a fool would consider that first plant to be a cactus.
    It's been 4 months 0_0.

But I still can't shake the feeling we have been (or Max has been) a cactus before...
  • edited August 2010
    It's been 4 months 0_0.

But I still can't shake the feeling we have been (or Max has been) a cactus before...

wasnt he a cactus in the sammun mak episode?
  • edited August 2010
    It's the truth that we are all, deep down inside ourselves, cacti, revealed through episodic adventure gameing....

I think it's just the confusion about being a plant in 301, but yeah, I'll admit, I could have swore one of them was a cactus before/that cactus looks really familiar. Is it the one from Sybil's?
  • edited September 2010
    I'm pretty sure it is, yes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.