I just realized.(spoilers for 305 and 204)

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
You have been warned about spoilers, so there is no reason for spoiler tags.

In 204, when you go to future Sam & Max's office it's pretty clear that Girl Stinky has become famous. That means she's still alive. But at the end of 305 she gets killed by Max who detonates himself on board Skunkapes ship.

How can this be?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Easy, it'll never happen now. As we could easily and clearly see during the same episode (not to mention in the comics too) the future is not set in stone.
  • edited September 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Easy, it'll never happen now. As we could easily and clearly see during the same episode (not to mention in the comics too) the future is not set in stone.

You have a good point, but that always changed because of them going back in time and screwing with the time stream. Not by just simply going through their lives.
  • edited September 2010
    Skun-ka'pe changed the future in 301, remember? Who knows what would have happened had Sam and Max sucked him into the Penal Zone as they did in the future vision?
  • edited September 2010
    Who knows what would have happened had Sam and Max sucked him into the Penal Zone as they did in the future vision?

Aaah, hilarious misunderstandings.

What -would- have happened? Let's see... The original Penal Zone wouldn't have been destroyed, so Sam and Max wouldn't have had to turn their building into an inter-dimensional prison. That would have prevented them from discovering the Devil's Toybox, perhaps? Which would mean, let's see...Skunka'pe, assuming he escaped again, wouldn't have had the Toybox with him during episode 304, so he and Papierweite wouldn't have summoned most of the toys to the Box. If we assume he still took Max's brain, Sammun-Mak might not have been able to alter reality. I would also hazard a guess that Sam and Max wouldn't have learned about the Devil's Toybox until right when Charlie used it to summon Junior. That being the case, the duo could have lacked the knowledge with which to defeat Charlie, and the world may have been destroyed.

Speculation is fun ^.^
  • edited September 2010
    Soeroah wrote: »
    What -would- have happened? Let's see... The original Penal Zone wouldn't have been destroyed, so Sam and Max wouldn't have had to turn their building into an inter-dimensional prison. That would have prevented them from discovering the Devil's Toybox, perhaps? Which would mean, let's see...Skunka'pe, assuming he escaped again, wouldn't have had the Toybox with him during episode 304, so he and Papierweite wouldn't have summoned most of the toys to the Box. If we assume he still took Max's brain, Sammun-Mak might not have been able to alter reality. I would also hazard a guess that Sam and Max wouldn't have learned about the Devil's Toybox until right when Charlie used it to summon Junior. That being the case, the duo could have lacked the knowledge with which to defeat Charlie, and the world may have been destroyed.

Speculation is fun ^.^

Yes, but (forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't played 303 in a while), wasn't the only reason Skun-ka'pe was able to escape that Papierwaite stole the source of power creating that Penal Zone (the Toybox)? Had Sam & Max not discovered the Toybox, Papierwaite would not have discovered it, Skun-ka'pe would never have been freed, reality never would have been altered, Sam & Max would have no idea about Charlie Ho-Tep, meaning they probably wouldn't have picked him up in the first place, meaning he wouldn't have Sam & Max to participate in his ceremony, etc.
  • edited September 2010
    Skun-ka'pe changed the future in 301, remember? Who knows what would have happened had Sam and Max sucked him into the Penal Zone as they did in the future vision?

That was future vision. Not actually the future. Future vision is more of a "what could happen in the future." But the future(like when they actually go there in 204) is the future.
  • edited September 2010
    Not necessarily. Nothing like that is ever stated.

I think they might still have picked up Charlie Ho-tep. I got the impression that Max picked up the future vision toy because he was drawn to it, so maybe he can sense psychic toys like the alien brain could.

They might or might not have ended up finding the Devil's Toybox. Maybe they go looking for more awesome psychic toys. Then Papierwaite would have taken it it, but Skunkape wouldn't have stolen Max's brain. So Papierwaite might have succeeded in destroying the toybox before the clones could show up. I think that's what he was trying to do?

So there wouldn't a climactic battle with Charlie Ho-tep, and 305 wouldn't have happened.
  • edited September 2010
    Based on what happened to the timestream during the 3 years from the beginning of Season Two till the End of Season Three, I'd say that the future Sam and Max saw in 204 could be altered roughly 300 times until it happens, so the version they saw is as good as any other ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Nothing like that is ever stated.

I think they might still have picked up Charlie Ho-tep. I got the impression that Max picked up the future vision toy because he was drawn to it, so maybe he can sense psychic toys like the alien brain could.

They might or might not have ended up finding the Devil's Toybox. Maybe they go looking for more awesome psychic toys. Then Papierwaite would have taken it it, but Skunkape wouldn't have stolen Max's brain. So Papierwaite might have succeeded in destroying the toybox before the clones could show up. I think that's what he was trying to do?

So there wouldn't a climactic battle with Charlie Ho-tep, and 305 wouldn't have happened.

You forget tho that if sam and max never found the toybox they would never have astral projected into their grandfathers, and if that never happened then the devil's toy box would still be in the tomb of sammun-mak as sam and max would never have helped their grandfathers in the past. How else do you explain information to complete reel 1 being in reel 3 after they got the box?
  • edited September 2010
    Stinky's a cake. They just made another Cake of the Damned to replace her.
  • edited September 2010
    No she's not, she's a mermaid scam artist. Or something.
    How else do you explain information to complete reel 1 being in reel 3 after they got the box?
    Luck.
  • edited September 2010
    Yes, but (forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't played 303 in a while), wasn't the only reason Skun-ka'pe was able to escape that Papierwaite stole the source of power creating that Penal Zone (the Toybox)? Had Sam & Max not discovered the Toybox, Papierwaite would not have discovered it, Skun-ka'pe would never have been freed, reality never would have been altered, Sam & Max would have no idea about Charlie Ho-Tep, meaning they probably wouldn't have picked him up in the first place, meaning he wouldn't have Sam & Max to participate in his ceremony, etc.

Well, the Molemen mention Space Gorilla knocking them out, don't they? Or was it Paperwaite, and one woke up in time to see Skun-ka'pe?
  • edited September 2010
    Soeroah wrote: »
    Well, the Molemen mention Space Gorilla knocking them out, don't they? Or was it Paperwaite, and one woke up in time to see Skun-ka'pe?

What happened was papierwaite knocked the moles out with a spell, then he stole the devil's toybox, releasing skunkape. Then one of the moles woke up to hear the tell tale signs of a brain being removed from a bunny, then the mole must have seen skunkape when he was running away, to retrieve the devil's toybox from papierwaite.
  • edited September 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    No she's not, she's a mermaid scam artist. Or something.

Luck.
    But in reel 2 sameth and maximus don't know about ride of the valkries so they would have died had it not been for information from reel 3. I still believe sameth and maximus would never have entered the tomb of sammun-mak if it hadn't been for sam and max giving them the information
  • edited September 2010
    Girl stinky can not be killed because she is not really a person, she is a cake. Plus we all know that cake is a lie, therefor girl stinky never really existed at all.
  • edited September 2010
    Erm... we don't actually see Girl Stinky in 204, do we? We know it is a stinky who is a her, and Max X would not know our Girl Stinky anyway.
  • edited September 2010
    Erm... we don't actually see Girl Stinky in 204, do we? We know it is a stinky who is a her, and Max X would not know our Girl Stinky anyway.

we see her picture, but the reason we don't see her in person is because we can't leave bosco's shop in the beginning, plus it was at night, also the time elevator didn't go to her location.
  • edited September 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Girl stinky can not be killed because she is not really a person, she is a cake. Plus we all know that cake is a lie, therefor girl stinky never really existed at all.

Once again NOOO. She faked that to make grandpa stinky think so(how in 205 she is able to react that fast ill never know) she is also a mermaid.
  • edited September 2010
    I doubt future S&M that we saw in 204 are alive now, the future is changed due to the fact that Girl Stinky is long dead (please don't ever bring her back, Telltale) so Sam & Max are now on their way to a future that doesn't make Max an annoying know-it-all jackass.
    Icedhope wrote: »

Actually in 305, we find out that Girl Stinky isn't a cake, she's some chick who saw Stinky's diner and wanted it for herself so she set up a scheme with Sal to get inside Grandpa Stinky's diner and then kill him so she'll inherit it.
  • edited September 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Actually in 305, we find out that Girl Stinky isn't a cake, she's some chick who saw Stinky's diner and wanted it for herself so she set up a scheme with Sal to get inside Grandpa Stinky's diner and then kill him so she'll inherit it.
    Well, what she REALLY wanted was that Tar cake recipe, to make her rich.

Too bad Sam & Max messed that up before she even started, lol.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.