Max Is Not a Cat

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
This kid in my school just told me that Max looks like a cat. Discuss. Feel free to make fun of him, because this is obviously ridiculous. I'll be sure to pass on any personal messages you wish to share with him. He obviously knows nothing about the series. He is tragically misinformed.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Well if you squint your eyes Max looks really like a cat on your avatar.
  • edited September 2010
    Noooooooo! It's not true! Don't lie to me!
  • edited September 2010
    Your friend needs his eyes checked. Badly. Pass it on for me please.
  • edited September 2010
    I will, Hatley. Thank you for agreeing with me. Although he has glasses, so maybe he just needs a new prescription.
  • edited September 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    I will, Hatley. Thank you for agreeing with me. Although he has glasses, so maybe he just needs a new prescription.

Perhaps he should wear glasses ON his glasses.
  • edited September 2010
    LOL this reminds me of a time i went to a website that details classic adventure games. When i click Sam & Max Hit the Road The summary says: "Sam & Max Hit the Road is a classic Lucasarts adventure starring a six foot tall BEAR named Sam and a rabbit called Max; it's very fun". When i read that i was like :eek: WTF?
  • edited September 2010
    Wait what? He's not? I was always under the impression that they called him a rabitty-thing as part of the overall joke that nobody in the Sam and Max universe knows what a cat is. I mean, he's quite obviously a cat. Look at the teeth and the nose for crying out loud! And the paws! And the antisocial nature! Max is a cat, case closed.
  • edited September 2010
    SEE? SEE?

I'll be sure to let you all know when he finally gives in and admits that Max isn't a goddam cat.
  • edited September 2010
    Player_2: While I think that Max usually doesn't look as a cat at all, I must agree der_ketzer. He really DOES look like a cat in your avatar. I think it's because we don't see his ears.
    SlasherMan: Well, IMO, at least Sam looks like a bear more than Max like a cat.
  • edited September 2010
    Does he think Marzipan looks like a broom?
  • edited September 2010
    She DOES look like a broom!!
  • edited September 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    This kid in my school just told me that Max looks like a cat.

Bite his right arm of, for a start. I believe he'll get the point.

(actually, he'll get any point you might be making in the future, but that's really outside this discussion)
  • edited September 2010
    Here's a picture your friend should obviously see if he can't tell the difference between cats and rabbits.
  • edited September 2010
    Hatley wrote: »
    Here's a picture your friend should obviously see if he can't tell the difference between cats and rabbits.

The lesson to be learned from this is, of course, that Max is a lagomorph, or a "rabbity-thingy" if you want to get technical.
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    Just how, how ould someone be so stupid, my friends have only ever seen my flaming max hat and they knew it was a bunny straight away.
  • edited September 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    ...I know Purcell is a generally laid-back guy, but he really needs to get on these two-bit hacks that are stealing his design work.
  • edited September 2010
    wait max is a rabbit? when did that happen?
  • edited September 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »

your insulting Steve Purcell and Tim Burton
  • edited September 2010
    Cats have: Big eyes, whiskers, small pointy ears, small feet, small heads and small mouths.

Max has: Small eyes, no whiskers, big floppy ears, large feet, a bloody huge head and a very big mouth.
  • edited September 2010
    I always thought Max is... whatever Ren is. Was it chinchilla? Wait I gotta wiki it...

EDIT: Chihuahua o-o Ren was a chihuahua all along?
  • edited September 2010
    Max is not a cat, and he's not a half-rabbit thing either!

..He's a parrot!
  • edited September 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    your insulting Steve Purcell and Tim Burton
    What's wrong with insulting Tim Burton? He's spent his entire career ripping off Das Kabinett des Doktor Caligari over and over and over again to the point that people actually think it's a personal style, when really the man is a hack.
  • edited September 2010
    lets compromise he is a cabbit
    no he is a rabbit you friend is stupid for thicken max is a cat
  • edited September 2010
    JFreeman wrote: »
    Max has: Small eyes, no whiskers, big floppy ears, large feet, a bloody huge head and a very big mouth.

Agreed. It's so obvious that Max is a kangaroo.
  • edited September 2010
    At this rate it might be easier to determine what Max is not instead of what he really is.
  • edited September 2010
    I thought we settled that Max was always some sort of platypus-fish hybrid. A platofish, if you will.
  • edited September 2010
    That would explain the self-hating platypus alien brain from 301 having the same powers as him. And his ability to breathe underwater.
  • edited September 2010
    He's a lagomorph.
  • edited September 2010
    His legs are made of tape. He's a tape-leg.
  • edited September 2010
    They said his legs were made of tape?! WHAT?? I mean, does he look like some kind of tape-leg? I can guarantee you, man, he is not a tape-leg.
  • edited September 2010
    I doodled a picture of Max on my notebook and one of my friends exclaimed in a shocked voice (in the middle of class), "What the hell is that?! And why is it naked?!?"

There wasn't a whole lot I could say in response after that...

So, I suppose its logical that most people would not recognize an anthropomorphic lagomorph when they see one.

This includes my computer, which does not have lagomorph listed in its spellcheck.
  • edited September 2010
    I doodled a picture of Max on my notebook and one of my friends exclaimed in a shocked voice (in the middle of class), "What the hell is that?! And why is it naked?!?"

Lol, I wish I could have seen that.

Personally, I think that Max would look good if they removed the bunny ears, put brown fur on him and give him a long tail. He'd make a good monkey. Bad cat though, lord only knows why people would even suggest that he looks like one, it's a lie, a bad lie, a lie that must be fixed.
  • edited September 2010
    Was he looking at your avatar, though? In your avatar his ears are pretty much hidden, leaving him as a fairly ambiguous creature that could just as easily be a cat as a rabbit
  • edited September 2010
    He wasn't looking at my avatar, he was looking at the picture on the TV Tropes entry for the series.

samandmaxfreelancepolice.jpg

His ears are pretty damn prominent there.
  • edited September 2010
    Max always looked like a very insane rabbit to me, that large sharp tooth grin is what got me curious about the series because I knew he was an interesting character just by looking at him, luckly I was not wrong.
  • edited September 2010
    I expect your friend thinks bosco looks like a Hamster.
  • edited September 2010
    "... I still say it looks like a duck."
  • edited September 2010
    Max does not look like a cat. He sorta looks like Hello Kitty, if you squint really hard and he's in one of those ocassions his mouth disappears.

To sum it up, your friend is trippin'. Don't ever get into a car with him.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.