The Comissioner

edited December 2010 in Sam & Max
What do you think he looks like? We got to see a glimpse of his suit in the Sam & Max cartoon, but what do you think his face looks like? I'm imagining just a stereotypical old guy.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    He's a talking cat in a suit.
  • edited October 2010
    He has no face, that's why he rarely if ever shows himself to someone else.
  • edited October 2010
    Or the Comissioner IS the phone; he's Bob's brother.
  • edited October 2010
    Phone's can have human babies (remember he has a daughter)? Well, if a statue can I don't see why a phone not >.>
  • edited October 2010
    Did anyone ever notice how the phone isn't plugged in to anything? O_O
  • edited October 2010
    The Comissioner is in fact Sam's evil twin. He sends the Freelance Police in the most ridiculous, dangerous missions in hope they die at the hands of a sentient cheese or something, so he can inherit the ridiculously large fortune of his excentric Great Uncle Spankybottom the Third.
  • edited October 2010
    Ness' father.
  • edited October 2010
    Did anyone notice in The Penal Zone the commissioner talks as if he's mumbling when he calls through Bob?
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah, I noticed, it's jarring because Bob and Stinkys' voices can be heard clearly. :p
  • edited October 2010
    The commissioner is Mack Salmon! Think about it, we all know he has a fake body wearing a suit and the only picture we've seen of the commissioner is this.
    246px-Commissioner.jpg
    Tough he might of had a different suit on that day.
  • edited October 2010
    The Commissioner is Dr Claw.

Well think about it, we never see either one's face, it makes sense on some bizarre disturbing level! ;)
  • edited October 2010
    The Pyro.

Listen to his voice.

"Mhmmmhmmmhm."
  • edited October 2010
    There is no commissioner. Sam just uses him as an excuse to go on adventures with Max. That picture is just Sam in a different suit, and the time Max answered the phone in What's New, Beelzebub, Sam was on the other end.

Yup. I just blew your mind.
  • edited October 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    There is no commissioner. Sam just uses him as an excuse to go on adventures with Max. That picture is just Sam in a different suit, and the time Max answered the phone in What's New, Beelzebub, Sam was on the other end.

...Oh god, I remembered another link; Sam's comment about British Columbia in Season 1, and in 305 Sam said The Commissioner was from B.C.

Ow, my head hurts.
  • edited October 2010

I WILL NEVER LOOK AT THE WORLD THE SAME WAY AGAIN.

By god, it explains everything! THIS is why Sam can never let Max answer the phone! HE NEEDS TO HIDE THE FACT THAT NO ONE'S THERE!

We're through the looking-glass here, people.
  • edited October 2010
    That or slight case of split personality.
  • edited October 2010

Bu...but, whose daughter's wedding did they attend to then? Whose keys did they have to find in the middle of the jungle (well, park)? Does that mean the rest of the police are in on it too and Max is the only one in the dark? D:

...wait, would the first one mean Sam has a daughter? *gasp*
  • edited October 2010
    Now that you mention it, something like that would be a great plot for a future Sam and Max episode... Something along the lines of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde maybe...
  • edited October 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Bu...but, whose daughter's wedding did they attend to then? Whose keys did they have to find in the middle of the jungle (well, park)? Does that mean the rest of the police are in on it too and Max is the only one in the dark? D:

...wait, would the first one mean Sam has a daughter? *gasp*
    The police can't properly recognize Sam in a red suit, so they just think it's a different person. The Commissioner.

And Sam doesn't have a daughter. But the Commissioner Sam does! =O
  • edited October 2010

And I repeat; Did anyone ever notice how the phone isn't plugged into anything? The phone has no cord!
    Makes you wonder doesn't it....
  • edited October 2010
    You can't see a wire doesn't mean anything, it could be behind the phone you only ever see the front.
  • edited October 2010
    *Post contains some 305 spoilers*

The police can't properly recognize Sam in a red suit, so they just think it's a different person. The Commissioner.

And Sam doesn't have a daughter. But the Commissioner Sam does! =O

=O

Then, what if Commissioner Sam is actually past!Sam that didn't actually die and what looked like him blowing up was actually him being sent through time and space, he ended up in the past with amnesia and after some time became the Comissioner? *gasp* Oh, and while I'm with time travel stuff he's actually his own father, making him both the Comissioner and the son of the Comissioner.
  • edited October 2010
    Gohaku wrote: »
    And I repeat; Did anyone ever notice how the phone isn't plugged into anything? The phone has no cord!
    Makes you wonder doesn't it....

Bob isn't plugged into anything, and he works.

Of course, Bob's also sapient, so I guess that's another point for you.
  • edited October 2010
    You can't see a wire doesn't mean anything, it could be behind the phone you only ever see the front.
    :o
    Bob isn't plugged into anything, and he works.

Of course, Bob's also sapient, so I guess that's another point for you.
    ;)

Well regardless, I just wanted to point out the oddness of that phone. Sapient or not.
    I still wonder what the commissioner is though. Sam did talk to him through Bob, so I assume that he's real.
  • edited October 2010
    Bob was just playing along and mimicking this so-called "Commissioner" by mumbling while Sam was pretending to talk to him. There wasn't really anyone on the other end. After all, when OTHER people called through Bob, you could hear them perfectly; the "Commissioner" was the only person who was unintelligable.
  • edited October 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    Bob was just playing along and mimicking this so-called "Commissioner" by mumbling while Sam was pretending to talk to him. There wasn't really anyone on the other end. After all, when OTHER people called through Bob, you could hear them perfectly; the "Commissioner" was the only person who was unintelligable.

Perhaps the Commisioner has a slight speech impediment.
  • edited October 2010
    Now, now. Don't make excuses. Search your heart; you know it to be true. The man called the Commissioner? HE'S A LIE.
  • edited October 2010
    ARGH! My mind!
  • edited October 2010
    *Post contains some 305 spoilers*

=O

Then, what if Commissioner Sam is actually past!Sam that didn't actually die and what looked like him blowing up was actually him being sent through time and space, he ended up in the past with amnesia and after some time became the Comissioner? *gasp* Oh, and while I'm with time travel stuff he's actually his own father, making him both the Comissioner and the son of the Comissioner.
    Exactly, however, Commissioner Sam died in a car crash that our Sam witnessed during his bathroom break in The Tomb of Sammun-Mak. Sam has since vowed to take the role of his father/self.
  • edited October 2010
    My brain hurts...what else can we come up with, I mean, discover about him?
  • edited October 2010
    My brain hurts...what else can we come up with, I mean, discover about him?

Ever wonder why they locked Leonard in the closet? He discovered Sam's secret. Can't let that stuff get out into the open.
  • edited October 2010
    I KNEW that Sam wasn't really so sadistic that he'd lock Leonard in that closet for so long over a damn sandwich! I mean, the sandwich-stealing thing was pretty bad, but it was still a little harsh...this makes perfect sense, though! IT ALL FITS TOGETHER!

But...wait...what about Harry? Wasn't he sent technically a part of the Freelance Police team, if he was being used as a mole in the Toy Mafia? He must have gotten the assignment from the so-called "Commissioner," so if it was really Sam, wouldn't he have recognized him (or at least his voice) during the confrontation later?
  • edited October 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    But...wait...what about Harry? Wasn't he sent technically a part of the Freelance Police team, if he was being used as a mole in the Toy Mafia? He must have gotten the assignment from the so-called "Commissioner," so if it was really Sam, wouldn't he have recognized him (or at least his voice) during the confrontation later?

Three words: Bosco's Voice Modulator. Sam kept it around when he heard a new member was joining the Freelance scene.
  • edited October 2010
    Either that or he just didn't care/remember.
  • edited October 2010
    Either that or he just didn't care/remember.

Law of conspiracy theories: The more convoluted, the better.
  • edited October 2010
    Well since Harry is so pathetic and useless maybe Sam left him because no one would believe him anyway.
  • edited October 2010
    Three words: Bosco's Voice Modulator. Sam kept it around when he heard a new member was joining the Freelance scene.

BY GOD, THAT'S BRILLIANT. It all fits together so well.
  • edited October 2010
    If you watch the animated series, can't remember which episode, you find out the commisioner is an actual person, Cant remember how we find out though!
  • edited October 2010
    Speculation can REALLY get a hold on people.
  • edited October 2010
    Speculation can REALLY get a hold on people.

True, in the world of sam & max, ANYTHING can happen. Max can turn into a parachute, why is no one speculating that hes really just a parachute from a parallel universe and he isn't really a rabbit he's just covering up the fact hes a HUGE PARACHUTE IF YOU TUG ON HIS EARS!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.