Free Episode Site is Up!

If you're not pre-ordering the season, you can get the first episode for free here. It seems you don't even need to enter the coupon code manually, but in case they change that, it's 121GIGAWATTS.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Yeah, seems like you just need to click redeem and it applies itself. Odd but convenient. Thanks for the heads up.
  • edited October 2010
    This is awesome! :D
  • edited October 2010
    The 'code' was more of a fun way to get people involved, but yeah, anybody that wants to can sign up for the free episode. That said, we have not announced when the free episode will go live yet.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh well, great then !

THANKS !
  • edited October 2010
    Sweet...
  • edited October 2010
    The 'code' was more of a fun way to get people involved, but yeah, anybody that wants to can sign up for the free episode. That said, we have not announced when the free episode will go live yet.

Wow Alan this is great news! My brother is getting the Blueray boxset today as his birthday is today! Can't wait to see the movies in 1080P on a 42 inch Sony Bravia LCD!
  • edited October 2010
    Anthony817 wrote: »
    Wow Alan this is great news! My brother is getting the Blueray boxset today as his birthday is today! Can't wait to see the movies in 1080P on a 42 inch Sony Bravia LCD!
    Don't fuss too much. I saw it in 4K on a 50 foot(wide) screen, and it's not really all that impressive. They didn't really do much to the video at all. An automated hatchet job, really.
  • edited October 2010
    You're crazy RD. The BluRay is the ONLY reason I am even buying it today. Hell, my birthday is in about 2 weeks & I don't even have a BR player. But my computer does. ;-)

And I have seen the quality of the Trilogy. It's so fantastic, it's sickening! :D
  • edited October 2010
    Don't fuss too much. I saw it in 4K on a 50 foot(wide) screen, and it's not really all that impressive. They didn't really do much to the video at all. An automated hatchet job, really.

Man, I agree it's not the best quality EVER.

But just check how horrible the DVDs look on HDTV. The Bluray are really decent, stop spitting on them.
  • edited October 2010
    Holy great scott in a frying pan full of fan letters to Christopher Lloyd! this is awesome news!
  • edited October 2010
    isco wrote: »
    Holy great scott in a frying pan full of fan letters to Christopher Lloyd! this is awesome news!

You crack me up, little buddy.
  • edited October 2010
    You crack me up, little buddy.

Indeed.
    I'm confused. Say someone gets the free episode, will they be eligible to get the season upgrade?
    EDIT: nevermind. BUT, if i get the free episode does that mean when i pre-order the game i have to re-download the episode at release?
  • edited October 2010
    Indeed.
    I'm confused. Say someone gets the free episode, will they be eligible to get the season upgrade?
    EDIT: nevermind. BUT, if i get the free episode does that mean when i pre-order the game i have to re-download the episode at release?

The free episode will NOT be available before the game actually launches. Right now you're signing up to be informed when it's available for download on your account. The free episode is not early access by any means.
  • edited October 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    Man, I agree it's not the best quality EVER.

But just check how horrible the DVDs look on HDTV. The Bluray are really decent, stop spitting on them.
    Depends on what you mean by "look". The BRD is definitely a higher resolution, no question about that, but their half-assed attempts at "remastering" left the picture looking worse in some respects than its DVD brethren.
  • edited October 2010
    While it's great to get a free episode, I had planned on pre-ordering so it would be pointless right? :p
  • edited October 2010
    Awesome! My PC is really, really bad, though, so I'm not sure if it'll be able to run it. :(

My brother (who also has a Telltale Store account, separate from mine) might be able to run it on his Mac. Can he use the code too? Will the code allow you to download a Mac version?
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks for the free episode Telltale! :)
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah, I forgot to say thanks too. Thanks Telltale! :)
  • edited October 2010
    Giving away an episode before it's even released?

Thank you Telltale!
  • edited October 2010
    Depends on what you mean by "look". The BRD is definitely a higher resolution, no question about that, but their half-assed attempts at "remastering" left the picture looking worse in some respects than its DVD brethren.

They used a sharpen effect, indeed, a pretty cheap one. That doesn't mean it looks bad. It just doesn't look as good as it could have.

In NO WAY it looks worst than the DVDs. Actually, since some tv channels aired the movies in HD, it's funny to compare them with the bluray (there are some rips online). If you are right on the fact that it brought some "noise" on the actual picture of the movie, the bluray really takes the whole thing on another level. It's definitely the best way to enjoy BTTF on HDTV, you can't argue with that.

Moreover, if you're on your couch, you won't be "stuck on your TV" as if you would on a computer, and those minor flaws are unoticeable.

I think you are a little too bitter about it. It's not perfect but it looks pretty good, and way better than the other release.
  • edited October 2010
    telltale, i love you.
  • edited October 2010
    This is encouraging. I'll hold off on pre-ordering for now and wait for the free episode to see if my old computer can handle it. If it will, then I'll order the whole season.
  • edited October 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    They used a sharpen effect, indeed, a pretty cheap one. That doesn't mean it looks bad. It just doesn't look as good as it could have.
    It means the image has been marred by the usual "halo" effect of cheap automatic sharpening tools.
    In NO WAY it looks worst than the DVDs.
    It in SOME WAYS looks worse than the DVDs, namely that the edges are fake-looking and some textures that are supposed to be there are smoothed over. Universal has botched a Blu-Ray release and then released the same film again in a not-botched Blu-Ray(fuck, botched and then fixed video releases aren't even new to Back to the Future!). I'll personally wait for a Blu-Ray that isn't amateur hour, thanks.
    Actually, since some tv channels aired the movies in HD, it's funny to compare them with the bluray (there are some rips online). If you are right on the fact that it brought some "noise" on the actual picture of the movie, the bluray really takes the whole thing on another level. It's definitely the best way to enjoy BTTF on HDTV, you can't argue with that.
    I have no idea what you're even SAYING here. Are you talking about compression? Because the TV airing would have more compression than a disc release, and so look worse than the DVD.
    Moreover, if you're on your couch, you won't be "stuck on your TV" as if you would on a computer, and those minor flaws are unoticeable.
    It's not a "minor flaw", though. It consistently looks mediocre in terms of high definition video quality, especially when compared to other major films. It does not look that much better than upscaled DVD.
    I think you are a little too bitter about it. It's not perfect but it looks pretty good, and way better than the other release.
    It does not look "pretty good" by the standards of major film studios working on major, legacy films from their back-catalog.
  • edited October 2010
    thank you very much n i just bought devils playhouse on the ps3
  • edited October 2010
    Indeed.
    The free episode will NOT be available before the game actually launches. Right now you're signing up to be informed when it's available for download on your account. The free episode is not early access by any means.

But are we eligible for the season upgrade?
  • edited October 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    But are we eligible for the season upgrade?

No, if you have the free episode you still have to purchase the entire season for $24.95.
  • edited October 2010
    Hey... Didn't TTG say it was going to be like TDP as in one game in all? If so how come it shows the cost of a BTTF episode when you are going to purchase it?
  • edited October 2010
    Thank you Telltale. I'll be buying on PS3 and possibly PC as well.
  • edited October 2010
    Free episode simply means it's a demo. It's an episodic game you would probably purchase the whole season, so the free episode is a way to test the game before buying it. Nothing special about that.
  • edited October 2010
    Well it's a 'demo' of the entire first episode. Most people consider a 'demo' to be a reduced version of the full game, so maybe a potentially confusing word choice.
  • edited October 2010
    sweet
    thanks
    you rule
    for the win.
  • edited October 2010
    Long post

I'm glad someone else gets it too. The ammount of people I've known to get blotched Blu-ray releases of movie and insist that it look sbetter has always annoyed me.
  • edited October 2010
    Dont need the free episode , dont even need to play a demo, I will be buying this game
  • edited October 2010
    I really appreciate the occasional extreme sales and free episodes! Without them, I and some others like me with minimal disposable income probably would never have played a telltale game. It's better to get a little money from people like me instead of none at all, plus this way you get to make more people happy, and there are more people to give your games positive word of mouth.
  • edited October 2010
    No, if you have the free episode you still have to purchase the entire season for $24.95.

Sounds reasonable. Might just pick up the season then.
  • edited October 2010
    Ok, first I signed up for the free episode, but after a few second (and yes it was a matter of second) I buy the entire season. Now the free episode appear on my Game's section as a pre-order, but not the entire game...

So tell me Telltale, is it okay ? I mean, Poker Night appear as a pre order, the free episode too, but not the entire season... Do I need to get worried or is it totally normal ?
  • edited October 2010
    Totally normal.
  • edited October 2010
    CuberToy wrote: »
    Ok, first I signed up for the free episode, but after a few second (and yes it was a matter of second) I buy the entire season. Now the free episode appear on my Game's section as a pre-order, but not the entire game...

So tell me Telltale, is it okay ? I mean, Poker Night appear as a pre order, the free episode too, but not the entire season... Do I need to get worried or is it totally normal ?

Give it about an 2 minutes to an hour and all should be fine.
  • edited October 2010
    It's been almost a day now ^^

To be precise, in "Your Game" section there is "Your Games" and "Stuff you've Bought" right... so here's how it looks

In "Your Game" :
    - BTTF do not appear
    - The other pre-order does, like Poker Night and BTTF Ep1

In "Stuff you've Bought" :
    - BTTF do appear.

But, Puzzle Agent was added so like SunnyGuy say... this is normal... I hope.
  • edited October 2010
    Once we have all the episodes for the season nailed down, those will appear in your My Games section, as with our other seasons. Should be all good so long as you have the season in your order history.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.