Free Episode Site is Up!

2»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Reading you, I realise that I've been asking the same question with the pre-order of ToMI last year ><

Anyway...
  • edited October 2010
    CuberToy wrote: »
    It's been almost a day now ^^

To be precise, in "Your Game" section there is "Your Games" and "Stuff you've Bought" right... so here's how it looks

In "Your Game" :
    - BTTF do not appear
    - The other pre-order does, like Poker Night and BTTF Ep1

In "Stuff you've Bought" :
    - BTTF do appear.

But, Puzzle Agent was added so like SunnyGuy say... this is normal... I hope.
    Oh yeah, pre-orders don't usually show up in "your game" section for a bit, untill there's some finalization.

It's the same for me, so don't worry.
  • edited October 2010
    Im looking on the main site for BttF and I dont see anything about a free first episode, where can I find it?
  • edited October 2010
    Here. The other link isn't working properly for some reason and it's redirecting to the main game page.
  • edited October 2010
    Aw did I miss out on it?
  • edited October 2010
    I don't think you missed out on it. For some reason when I type www.backtothefuturegame.com/offer into my address bar and press enter, it works, but when I click a link to it, it goes to the regular site.
  • edited October 2010
    Aw did I miss out on it?

The offer is not working correctly right now, we should have it fixed in the morning.

Sorry.
  • edited October 2010
    Hm, maybe this link will work when clicked?

Edit: Seems to work just fine, yeah.
  • edited October 2010
    Tried to get the free episode as I bought the Bluray Trilogy :D , but doesn't work comes up as $8.95?
  • edited October 2010
    Lazer wrote: »
    Tried to get the free episode as I bought the Bluray Trilogy :D , but doesn't work comes up as $8.95?
    First, make sure you're looking at "Item Total", not "Unit Price".

If "Item Total" says $8.95, enter the coupon code 121GIGAWATTS in the "Got a Coupon Code? Enter it here:" slot.
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks Rather Dashing that worked!!! :D
  • edited October 2010
    Great! Thanks a lot, Telltale! :D
  • edited October 2010
    And the site is working again! Tell all your friends!
  • edited October 2010
    I'm in! And all my friends are warned, of course!
  • edited October 2010
    Yes! I bought the Trilogy today and found out about the free episode, can't wait!!
  • edited October 2010
    Help! I can't get Puzzle Agent for free!

It says:
    UNIT ITEM TOTAL
    BTTF: 8.95 0.00
    Puzzle Agent 9.95 9.95

Discount applied -8.95

Total in your cart 9.95

But shouldn't it be 1.00?

I mean, the Item totals is 9.95 minus the coupon should be 1.00 right?

Sorry for being such a cheapskate. If it turns out I have to pay for 9.95 for Puzzle Agent I will. =D
  • edited October 2010
    Origami wrote: »

It says:
    UNIT ITEM TOTAL
    Puzzle Agent 9.95 9.95

Discount applied -8.95

Total in your cart 9.95

Sorry for being such a cheapskate. If it turns out I have to pay for 9.95 for Puzzle Agent I will. =D

I may not be qualified to answer this but I believe that is the dollar donated to the MJF foundation.
  • edited October 2010
    Origami, did you pre-order the game ? Because BTTF at 8.95$, it's just the episode 1. With the coupon you have it for free but Puzzle Agent is given only if you preorder the whole season at 24.95$ and not just the free episode.
  • edited October 2010
    ^
    If what you say is true, than everything is clear.
    But then why did Telltale set it up in a way that when you want to redeem your coupon to preorder BttF episode 1 for free, that also Puzzle Agent is put in your cart?
  • edited October 2010
    I may not be qualified to answer this but I believe that is the dollar donated to the MJF foundation.

Owh I see. But the dollar wasn't really what confused me though. I would've payed that dollar anyway, even if I don't know what its accounted for.

I just didn't know how the coupon worked. As the BTTF is already 0,00 in the Item Total section. So I thought the GIGAWATTS code is a 10 dollar discount and thus should make this purchase 1 dollar since the BTTF was already 0,00.
  • edited October 2010
    When I put the coupon for the free episode, just before buying the season, Puzzle Agent wasn't added for me.

But as Amy Lukima said ten post above
    The offer is not working correctly right now, we should have it fixed in the morning.

Sorry.
  • edited October 2010
    ^
    That explains everything then.

Okay, I'll purchase Puzzle Agent the regular way then.....or should I consider preordering the whole BttF season...hmmm
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah, that was my question after ordering the free episode... two seconds later, 24.95$ was missing from my account :p (and seriously, I don't miss them. Plus, Puzzle Agent is great).
  • edited October 2010
    Origami wrote: »

It says:
    UNIT ITEM TOTAL
    Puzzle Agent 9.95 9.95

Discount applied -8.95

Total in your cart 9.95

You don't get Puzzle Agent for free when getting the free episode, the offer only applies when you purchase the full season.
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks 4 the Free Episode! Really looking foward 2 it!:D
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Missed welcoming another member! Welcome wag01! :D

I hope the free episode really gets sales up.
  • edited January 2011
    Telltale and mates, I've just registered at this forum and I'd like to get the free episode with the '121GIGAWATTS', is it legal?
    If I get this free episode, will I be able to buy the others without any problems?
    Sorry if this question was done already, I couldn't find the answer for this searching the forum.
    Thanks and greetings! :)
    edited January 2011
    Ninabr wrote: »
    Telltale and mates, I've just registered at this forum and I'd like to get the free episode with the '121GIGAWATTS', is it legal?
    If I get this free episode, will I be able to buy the others without any problems?
    Sorry if this question was done already, I couldn't find the answer for this searching the forum.
    Thanks and greetings! :)

The most popular thread which you could have found is aptly named "free episode not available before February". Oh, wait, that title also answers your question. What a coinkidink! ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Yeahh! so great, thanks!!!
  • edited January 2011
    neat.
  • edited January 2011
    I grabbed the free episode while I wait for the PSN version. It's all a matter of which one comes out first.
  • edited January 2011
    Tilduke wrote: »
    I grabbed the free episode while I wait for the PSN version. It's all a matter of which one comes out first.

They're gonna come out at the same time as Episode 2. You mark my words. That's exactly what's going to happen.
  • edited January 2011
    They're gonna come out at the same time as Episode 2. You mark my words. That's exactly what's going to happen.
    Fingers crossed.
  • edited February 2011
    Wait does it have to be delivered to me, or is there a way to directly download it and then input it. Or do I download it from a third party and then imput the code? Can I do that?
  • edited February 2011
    Wait never mind, I asked this question when it asked me for my billing address. Lets me download it for FREE!!! SWEET! Why the hell didn't they advertise this on their site!!!!?
  • edited February 2011
    I can't get it to work. It keeps crashing on startup for me. If anyone wants to get a torrent instead go here...
    snip

Seriously posting a link to a pirated version of Episode 1 on THESE forums? :mad: Prepare to meet the banhammer.
    edited February 2011
    I don't know what you're talking about. :D
  • edited February 2011
    I don't know what you're talking about. :D

Good work :) I did remove the torrent link when I quoted him though. I literally facepalmed when I read that post of his. :rolleyes:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.