Jurassic Park SNES

edited January 2011 in Jurassic Park
Anyone else played this game? I thought it was freakin hard!..it was dramatic and the music was nice..anyone else ever jump when they saw this:

snes57.png

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Such a good game! Also, one of the earliest console first-person shooters!
  • edited November 2010
    The game isn't that hard if you have a map and good orientation skills.

And lots of patience.
  • edited November 2010
    I loved it, I was only 4 years old when my parents got it for our SNES and I can still remember playing it even when I was 15, lol. My favorite thing was that you had to use the electric gun to open doors, and when you went downstairs the game went into first person view. You had to avoid the raptors in each room, lol.
  • edited November 2010
    I had the Amiga version, it was pretty ace.
  • edited November 2010
    I love this both and the sega genesis version, both are downstairs chilling in their respected systems.
  • edited November 2010
    Have I played it? lol I still own it and played it a few months ago.
    I actually have several Jurassic Park games in my collection. I have...

Jurassic Park Trespasser (PC)
    Jurassic Park (SNES)
    Jurassic Park (NES)
    Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues (SNES)
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park (PS1)
    Jurassic Park: Operation Gennisis (PS2)

I'm still trying to hunt down some other Jurassic Park games and I am eagerly awaiting TellTales game to add to my collection as well.

My only upset is that since this is a downloadable game I won't have any physical box or manual to put on the shelf next to these games.
  • edited November 2010
    The game on SNES was nice, but I ADORE the Sega Genesis side scroller version. That game is actually the only one where the graphics and the sound had that more serious feel from the movie and kinda looked realistic. The other games where more child-appropriate.

223489-jurassicpark04_super.jpg

225290-jurassicpark05_super.jpg

Oh how I loved to play the raptor!

My only upset is that since this is a downloadable game I won't have any physical box or manual to put on the shelf next to these games.

I know that! Just make your own cover with Nero Cover designer or whatever and some pics from the internet, print it on photo-paper, buy an empty DVD-Case and put it in!
  • edited November 2010
    I agree, the Genesis one was terrific! Sometimes it was too frustrating, and other times it was too short. But I loved playing as both Grant and the Raptor. The Raptor was a lot easier to play with, as far as I remember.

Speaking of which...

lostworld_profilelarge.jpg

And let's not forget...

s_0.jpg

And of course...

screen36_2.jpg

Three great games. The PS1 is a lot of fun but too frustrating sometimes. It also can get a little repetitive for some.
    The arcade one is awesome but it's great exactly for that: Arcade. It's not something I would like to play every day. It's got a special place in my heart everytime time I go to my native town, where the game is. And man I love to play it.
    And last, but not least, Trespasser. One of the most amazing experiences of all time, for me. I remember reading very bad reviews and decided to try it, and I was blown away. The writing is superb, the atmosphere is incredible, and the realistic feel it has it's amazing. I love how you don't know what the hell is going to come up next. You can walk for miles and not find any dinosaurs, or get stuck in a canyon full of hungry raptors. It would be really awesome if Telltale took a Trespasser-like approach for their game. And I got a feeling it will be sort of an improved version of Trespasser. But we'll see, maybe I'm specualting too much :D
  • edited November 2010
    I recommend the Dino Crisis games for anyone who wants to pack some dinosaur action.
  • edited November 2010
    I always wanted a The Lost World game for the Mega Drive/Genesis back in 1997 but it wasn't until three years ago that I found out it actually existed! :eek:

2s6kgfo.jpg 2sbn636.jpg

Last month I got it and this game is actually a blast, the best of all four Jurassic Park games on the Genesis/Mega Drive/CD.

It's a mission-based top-down shooter like the Ocean games instead of a sidescroller like Jurassic Park and Rampage Edition.

2hn2bsn.png

Though it's more evolved than any other 16-bit JP game and pushes the console to its limit. (Like someone cared back in the day with their fancy new 32- and 64-bit consoles. :rolleyes:)

There's a map unlike in the Ocean games, this is really helpful because you never get lost with it, wich was often the case in the Ocean JP titles.

You can drive multiple vehicles like in a modern shooter!

juvasx.jpg

Missions are pretty original like luring Stegosauruses in cages or sabotaging an enemy-camp.

The enemy AI is rather high, humans can steal items and use them against you, dinosaurs and enemy hunters will sometimes fight against each other.

The Boss-stages are very different and play more like rail-shooter. Some of the effects the developers pulled of are still pretty impressive for a Genesis game.

ncxelg.gif

You can play the game in co-op with a second player or a small death-match game. The second player is Ian Malcolm by the way! :cool:

Videos:
    Intro
    Gameplay
    Bossfight
  • edited November 2010
    I have Jurassic Park for SNES (great music) and Jurassic Park for the Genesis. My brother used to have The Lost World for the Sega Saturn but got rid of it. The Chaos Continues was also a fun game with some excellent music.
  • edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    I recommend the Dino Crisis games for anyone who wants to pack some dinosaur action.

I miss Dino Crisis. Well, I still own them. What I mean is that Resident Evil is on it's 5th game with a lot of spin off games too while Dino Crisis ended with DC3.

They need to remake Dino Crisis with RE5 controls or something because Dino Crisis was an awesome series and needs to be continued.
  • NTQNTQ
    edited November 2010
    I remember both the SNES and Genesis games we DOPE! My friend had Sega CD and the JP game for that was cool, but we only played it for like 5 minutes, because then we jumped on Mortal Kombat!!! lol. I also played the JP arcade game were you are sitting down inside that jeep thing shoot dino's and they will crap on you lol. I never played operation genesis, but heard it was fun.
  • edited November 2010
    Such a good game! Also, one of the earliest console first-person shooters!

Not to knit pick but that was a top down shooter, and the Sega one was better.
  • edited November 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »

When you enter a building the game switches into a FPS.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh didn't know.
  • edited November 2010
    I remember being AMAZED at the FPS indoor portions of the game - the red DNA sequencers like in the movie - wow!

Funny how in 1993 you would think to yourself, "This is the pinnacle of game graphics right here!" and now they look so antiquated...
  • edited November 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »

Not to nit pick, but you're wrong. Entering buildings placed you into a first person view.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh yeah, I had both the SNES & Genesis games. Cause back then, they were the bomb. Graphics, sound, gameplay, truly good stuff. (Well, better than the NES/Game Boy one that is.) I remember in the SNES how much fun / scarry it was at the time for a 11 year old to go into the 1st person buildings. Yeah...I had to learn the hard way, if you enter the pich black rooms Without the night-vision gogles...well, your dead. (Needless to say, I'll never made that mistake again.)
  • edited December 2010
    I got the game not too long ago to play on my dusty SNES. It was hard and a bit confusing, plus I couldn't get the SNES mouse to work with it so either I keep doing something wrong or the internet lied to me! Also back in the day I had the Game Gear version of Jurassic Park. Very fun and had a blast beating it.
  • edited December 2010
    new game better look like this or I am not playing :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phV1bV1aHeE
  • edited December 2010

Jurassic Park (SNES)
    Jurassic Park (NES)

I'm still trying to hunt down some other Jurassic Park games and I am eagerly awaiting TellTales game to add to my collection as well.

If it's gonna be like any other TellTale season, at the end of the season you can get the DVD. ;)

I have The Lost World and Warpath on PS1, and Operation Genesis on my laptop. OpGen is my favorite cause I love watching the dinosaurs interact. Though, I had to download a behavior mod for it...the Triceratops kept attacking Tyrannosaurs that just bedded down for a nap.:confused:
  • edited December 2010
    yeah, the AI in that game did get weird sometimes. lol

The one that got to me the most was the one that made the visitors not walk around the entire park. For some reason any turn there was in the road they would not take it. So I had to build my parks like a cross. Two roads that crossed each other on the center of the island, with 4 entrences on each end.
  • edited December 2010

It is safe to assume that (the same as always) TTG will make a DVD copy of the whole five-part game availible when the episodic process is over.

So, you will have a case to place next to the other games. :)
  • edited January 2011
    I wouldn't say its 100% likely that there will be a DVD... but pretty close... probably like 99.9%.... but you never know.
  • edited January 2011

Jurassic Park (SNES)
    Jurassic Park (NES)

Trespasser will forever be my favourite JP game despite the reviews (unless Telltale comes up with something truly special). I remember somebody ripped the dialogue files from the game and created a top notch audiobook out of it. It still is Jurassic Park gold, better voice acting than any other videogame I've played largely due to Sir Richard Attenborough.
  • edited January 2011
    Yes, the voice acting with Sir Richard Attenborough was really good. Espically the part where you're turning the power back on.
  • edited January 2011
    Yes, the voice acting with Sir Richard Attenborough was really good. Espically the part where you're turning the power back on.
    I agree, there was so much emotion in that scene. It reflected the joy of bringing the idea of Jurassic Park to life, and the remorse of the ultimate fate of both islands.

For anybody interested watch this Let's Play. It's entertaining, informative and very professional. It really gets into the core of what Trespasser is.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.