Spoilers In This Thread: Lines You Liked

"I'm not holding Pokemon cards over here."

Surprise reference I didn't see coming. Any other good lines people have heard?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    just don't post spoilers (yeah, spoilers in a poker game) on forums for a week or two q_q

Okay, you guys are SO not doing it easier for me.
  • edited November 2010
    Who says this? Tycho?
  • edited November 2010
    Okay, you guys are SO not doing it easier for me.

lol dont stay on the forums then.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't have any other kind of entertainment at the moment. Well, I would have if I could buy the damn game.

The irony is so stingy...
  • edited November 2010
    I don't have any other kind of entertainment at the moment. Well, I would have if I could buy the damn game.

The irony is so stingy...

Im enjoying this really i am.:D
    This is my entertainment until the game downloads
  • edited November 2010
    Who says this? Tycho?

Yeah, it was a winning line for Tycho.
  • edited November 2010
    Tycho just said something about ****ing a girraffe or something. What the hell. I love you Telltale, I've never laughed harder.

Also, they will constantly tell stories and talk if you leave it on the Click Anywhere to Deal Next Hand screen in case someone just wanted to hear them talk.
  • edited November 2010
    Please do not post lines from the game in the thread title. Even though this is a poker game, there's plenty of stuff in the game that is best when experienced in the context of the game as a surprise! :)
  • edited November 2010
    Please do not post lines from the game in the thread title. Even though this is a poker game, there's plenty of stuff in the game that is best when experienced in the context of the game as a surprise! :)

Yeah I have a feeling I would have had a heart attack If I found that ingame.
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks for changing the title of the thread, that irked me (but I was smiling too much from the one-liners in the game to be all that grumpy). :p
  • edited November 2010
    Oops, my bad. Sorry guys.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Teliko wrote: »
    Tycho just said something about ****ing a girraffe or something. What the hell. I love you Telltale, I've never laughed harder.

Also, they will constantly tell stories and talk if you leave it on the Click Anywhere to Deal Next Hand screen in case someone just wanted to hear them talk.

This also increases the chance that you'll run through all the dialog before you play for too long. If you plan on playing for a bit and unlocking stuff, just play through normally. Otherwise, you'll start hearing dupes sooner
  • edited November 2010
    I still haven't played it yet (but oh, do I want to...), but I found this scene online and thought it was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFAMTBxJ8yM
    Does Strong Bad actually swear there if bleeps are turned off?
  • edited November 2010
    Based on the subtitles, I would guess he doesn't.
  • edited November 2010
    No sir, Sb still bleeps even with them turned off.
    Teliko wrote: »
    Based on the subtitles, I would guess he doesn't.
    Even with bleeping turned off, the subtitles are still asterisks.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    I still haven't played it yet (but oh, do I want to...), but I found this scene online and thought it was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFAMTBxJ8yM
    Does Strong Bad actually swear there if bleeps are turned off?

"That is some bleeped up bleep" is what he says.
  • edited November 2010
    No sir, Sb still bleeps even with them turned off.

Even with bleeping turned off, the subtitles are still asterisks.

That's what I meant though. His weren't so it was obvious that it was bleeped no matter what.
  • edited November 2010
    On to subject of the OP, there's a whole diatribe dedicated to
    a man in a red hat stuffing animals into baseballs
    between Tycho and Max.
  • edited November 2010
    "Where are you spy? I know you are here sabotaging cards! I never get good hand."

At that moment, I sympathised, given I hadn't won a hand in the last 20.
  • edited November 2010
    I know this isn't a line but, did you guys see the bananng in the air vent before reaching The Inventory? How about Sam just right before you meet Winslow? There's also Flint Paper, Momma Bosco, Girl Stinky, some guy from Wallace and Grommit, and Bluster blaster? Also look closley at the pictures in the background. Noticble ones for me were some guy from the Mann family, Sammus and Maximus, and Sam and Max.
  • edited November 2010
    So far my favorite has been when I beat Tycho and he said something about
    how Gabe would be showing him his balls right now and was glad I wouldn't do that...unless I was about to do that.
    XD
  • edited November 2010
    I like Heavy's little Engineer story. It's so disturbing even MAX is disturbed!
  • edited November 2010
    isco wrote: »
    I know this isn't a line but, did you guys see the bananng in the air vent before reaching The Inventory? How about Sam just right before you meet Winslow? There's also Flint Paper, Momma Bosco, Girl Stinky, some guy from Wallace and Grommit, and Bluster blaster? Also look closley at the pictures in the background. Noticble ones for me were some guy from the Mann family, Sammus and Maximus, and Sam and Max.

Sam at the beginning seriously creeped me out. The way he was standing up there alone in the shadows, it made me feel like he was watching me, or that it wasn't really Sam, but someone dressed up in a Sam suit...and watching me.

Sam is going to chase me in my nightmares tonight, I just know it. The Sambeast of my worst dreaming nightmare. Hold me.
  • edited November 2010
    Sam at the beginning seriously creeped me out. The way he was standing up there alone in the shadows, it made me feel like he was watching me, or that it wasn't really Sam, but someone dressed up in a Sam suit...and watching me.

Sam is going to chase me in my nightmares tonight, I just know it. The Sambeast of my worst dreaming nightmare. Hold me.

*Hugs Secret Fawful*

You want a cookie, too?
  • edited November 2010
    "Really quick: the spy is hot in this case, because it's on fire."
  • edited November 2010
    (After Max loses a hand by going all in with terrible cards)
    Tycho: Oh, I see. You're enrolled in the Jonathon Gabriel School Of Playing Total Shit And Seeing What Happens
    Max: I'm enrolled in their extension program!

I can't remember the exact line, but it was something like that.
    On to subject of the OP, there's a whole diatribe dedicated to a man in a red hat stuffing animals into baseballs between Tycho and Max.
    I got one of those like between Strong Bad and Max. Strong Bad asked Max if he was one of those "Poke-mans", or something, and Max said... his phylum and genus are a mystery to all mankind? My memory's terrible today. Anyway, then they started talking about a kid in a red hat stuffing animals into balls, and it was hilarious.
  • edited November 2010
    I was just called a Chuwero. I'm so happy that reference is in, it's one of my favorite Penny Arcades.

*Warning! Offensive!*

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/10/
  • edited November 2010
    And there it is...
    Banang ! Strong Bad repeat it several time and say "Ban.." Max say "stop it". Strong Bad say "nang" quietly
  • edited November 2010
    And right before that, Strong Bad asks Tycho about cold ones, and Tycho responds with something like "Aren't you like, ten"? Strong Bad doesn't deny it.
  • edited November 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    And right before that, Strong Bad asks Tycho about cold ones, and Tycho responds with something like "Aren't you like, ten"? Strong Bad doesn't deny it.

Reminds me of this line (paraphrased):

Max: I hope they don't ask for my ID.

Tycho: Why, aren't you of legal age?

Max: I am, I just don't want to undergo the embarrassment of having to conjure it up.
  • edited November 2010
    So far, "You crack me up tiny bunny" or something like that.
  • edited November 2010
    Strong Bad: (To Heavy) I could always join your team of ruthless killers and lame hat-wearers and watch you get grenaded by eight-year-olds.

It's funny because it's true.
  • edited November 2010
    Not a line, but I loved how Max took out the Future Vision during an all in bet XD
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Not a line, but I loved how Max took out the Future Vision during an all in bet XD
    Ah, so that's what that is. (Not presently a Sam & Max fan, but that's just 'cause I haven't played it yet...)
  • edited November 2010
    Tycho:
    "What would Gabe do? No, best keep the pants on."
  • edited November 2010

Someone elsewhere suggested that this was a nod to the G-Man from Half-Life 1 and 2. I kind of doubt it, though.

As for the original topic:

"We were about to get him, when Sam says, 'Well, little buddy, we better catch this bad guy faster than a Pittsburgh driver taking a left on a green light during rush hour!' "

If you've ever driven around Picksburgh, you'll know exactly what this means. To the rest of you, I offer this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_left
  • edited November 2010
    It's not a line, but I love how Max jumps onto the table to grab his winnings :D
  • edited November 2010
    Max: I fold.
    Tycho: Everyone folded to you Max, you win.
    Max: But but.... AH okaaay *reachs to the chips*

I love how Max is so asshole-esque 8D
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    Tycho's long monologue about hedgehogs XD

Tycho: Touch me, Touch me like no man ever could.
    Tycho: Errr... I'm sorry you were saying?
    Strongbad: Oh nothing... just... puking in my pants
  • edited November 2010
    After been treated as a baby the whole game, I love how the Heavy really congrats you in the final, final hand

Heavy: You are strong like Heavy and sneaky like dirty Spy. For that, I commend you.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.