Poker Night: All my stats are gone!

2»

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Fullscreen too, still happened, so that's not it. Though I got it after patching.

Isn't it in my documents/telltale games too?
  • edited January 2011
    Isn't it in my documents/telltale games too?

Yes. I'm an idiot. I tried to find it in E:/ hard drive where the game is installed. But it's in C:/ where My Documents are. Duh, I mean, obvious.
  • edited January 2011
    TellTaleGames: The company that doesn't give a rat's ass about quality software.

After this still not being fixed, and the fact that they STILL haven't fixed a 100% repeatable Class A bug in BTTF episode 1 (that affects every user of Vista or Windows 7)... that could be fixed extremely easily. I am SO saddened by where this company is going.

It's nothing short of pathetic.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Looks like the Poker Night leftover bugs will remain forever, but give them a little more time for BTTF. They've only been back in action for a week, and it's their flagship at present.
  • edited January 2011
    Looks like the Poker Night leftover bugs will remain forever, but give them a little more time for BTTF. They've only been back in action for a week, and it's their flagship at present.

Are you kidding? They're not going to make any effort to fix a bug which kills all your stats??
  • edited March 2011
    Unlike the great deal of you, I have completed earning the four items and unlocked all but two of the boards. I think within three games, I would have 100% completed.

Now after a few weeks, I come back and my entire game stats are gone. I read a great deal of the comments but not all of them yet but this very thing seems to happen to most of us. However unlike most of you, I have spent a great deal of time playing this game and was rather far so starting over would be a huge letdown. Even knowing I haven't read a great deal of the return post besides the first ten or so, is there a way to get our stats back or tweak a save file so I can get them back that way.

If I could get the unlocks again, that would be fine but I actually and discurraged to keep playing this game due to the current save game problem.
  • edited April 2011
    I also unlocked most of the items within the game. I had spent a great deal in it, too. (Not sure why you'd think anyone else hadn't?)

The idea of starting over because of this ridiculous bug is horrible, and I simply will not do it. I haven't played the game since it happened, and I'm deeply saddened that TellTale care so little about us, their customers.
  • edited May 2011
    Exactly same problem here.

It's the second time it happened to me, but i can't figure out if it's related to crash or not.
    Really strange.
  • edited May 2011
    Mmmm. I'm not sure but i think that "Statistic" is only related to prefs.prop file, 'cause i am able to reproduce the problem just deleting it.
    I could use an old or the just last save game changing only the "last tournement" i was in.
    Replacing with the "right" prefs.prop, completely unrelated for the pnati_save.save, give me back the statistic. Could it be a problem with the launcher? 'Cause i noticed that build.prop file is saved not when you exit from the game but when you close the launcher after closing the game (via menu).

Regards.
  • edited July 2011
    Devs, you've added new achievement. Fix the the god-damn-save-corruption bug already.
  • edited July 2011
    Man happened to me, ONE WIN AWAY FROM A NEW DECK. Btw same scenario of graphics and full screen going back to default.
  • edited July 2011
    Hmmm.... so this bug was never fixed? I haven't spent much time here lately because none of their current offerings interest me much. However, I was itching to play something so I figured I'd finally give in and buy this game.

But then I stumbled on a couple threads about this problem and decided to dig a bit deeper before I bothered to buy it. Not that I care about spending $5.... not at all. But I would have no patience for losing stats in any game. It's disappointing if Telltale left this bug on the table (pun intended).

Has anyone ever figured out the cause? Does this happen in all versions? (such as Win,Mac & Steam)? I'm not messing with a backup script to correct a major bug.
  • edited July 2011
    There are two things that are known to cause this problem:

1. Anything that causes the program to end suddenly (power failure, game crash, etc...)
    2. Certain Video players corrupt the save files. If you're running video in the background you run the risk of losing data.
  • edited August 2011
    Will there be an update to remedy this problem?
  • edited November 2011
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    There are two things that are known to cause this problem:

1. Anything that causes the program to end suddenly (power failure, game crash, etc...)
    2. Certain Video players corrupt the save files. If you're running video in the background you run the risk of losing data.

1) Meh. Now we just have to find out what causes a CTD. Weird.

2) Only video players? Nothing with audio player or embedded Flash Content playing?
  • edited June 2012
    This just happened to me :(
  • edited November 2012
    What happend to me? You ask? Well i bought the game and i needet the cerial number!
    and it dosen't work! I got soo pissed that i did not play steam forever.
  • edited April 2013
    Wow, I can't believe this bug was never fixed... I just preordered the second one and was playing this one in the mean time and just lost my save tonight. This is the second TTG I have had issues with the save file I also had the issue with TWD. At least with that one there was a work around but it's pretty ridiculous to make your customer work to back up their saves... Looks like I'll be staying away from TTG.
This discussion has been closed.