Who should voice Gabe?

Now that Chaikin could become the official voice of Tycho, who do you think should voice Gabe? Personally... I have no clue. I'm not sure what he's supposed to sound like. However, I think AJ could do a fun Gabe impression.

So, what do you think?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    William Kasten. Without a made up german accent.
  • edited November 2010
    Dominic Armato or Tim Curry.

Or me.
  • edited November 2010
    I think it should be me.
  • edited November 2010
    I think it depends on which company is doing a game or show of penny arcade. If it were a company with a lot a budget, I can see Billy West doing the voice. However, if it were TT, AJ might be a good choice
  • edited November 2010
    Billy West? Nah. Most of Billy West's voices have a certain... well... Billy West sound to 'em. (Exceptions: Farnsworth, Zoidberg, Looney Tunes characters... but Gabe's a relatively ordinary guy, so it doesn't call for an outlandish voice.) I can't really picture Gabe with one.
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    Billy West? Nah. Most of Billy West's voices have a certain... well... Billy West sound to 'em. (Exceptions: Farnsworth, Zoidberg, Looney Tunes characters... but Gabe's a relatively ordinary guy, so it doesn't call for an outlandish voice.) I can't really picture Gabe with one.

GAbe is an outlandish character (a bit like Fry), so I thought it fits.
  • edited November 2010
    neil patrick harris
  • edited November 2010
    Vincent Price!
  • edited November 2010
    Eartha Kitt
  • edited November 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Eartha Kitt

^ THIS.

For realsies, though, I have no idea what Gabe should sound like. Admittedly, the suggestion for AJ actually sounds pretty cool; Gabe yells/screams an awful lot, and I think the Michael J. Fox-kinda-voice would sound pretty awesome.

Still, though, I have absolutely no idea. I would totally say me if I weren't a chick, though. :p

EDIT: Been thinking really hard about this while reading the past few updates on PA (don't ask why. Just...just don't.) and the voice I hear in my head is kinda...mid-range--not as low as I imagine Tycho's when he's not Kid Beyond--with a slight rasp to it. Not like natural voice-rumble rasp, though; more like he strains it from screaming too much.

Just thought I should tell y'all that.
  • edited December 2010
    I dunno why, but I think that Kevin McHale (the guy who plays Artie on Glee) would make a great Gabe voice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm3pEGiaL0g
    There's a 'voice sample' if you don't know what he sounds like.
  • edited December 2010
    deggey wrote: »
    I dunno why, but I think that Kevin McHale (the guy who plays Artie on Glee) would make a great Gabe voice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm3pEGiaL0g
    There's a 'voice sample' if you don't know what he sounds like.

Gabe we know probably can't sing, but otherwise that would do.
  • edited December 2010
    If it's a Telltale game, then William Kasten. Just for the novelty of having the two maxes be a duo.
  • edited December 2010
    Bill framer n nick jamsun!!!!!!!!

But seriously, how about either Brian Sommer or Roger L Jackson, Telltale's other regulars?
  • edited December 2010
    Well Gabe of course.

gabenewell.jpg

Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Vincent Price!

He might be unavailable at the moment.
  • edited December 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »

Vincent Price never dies!
  • edited December 2010
    Except for that one time.
  • edited December 2010
    Except for that one time.

He got better!!

And I would find it extremely hilarious if Mojo Jojo was the voice of Gabe.
  • edited July 2014
    OttersPod wrote: »
    He got better!!

And I would find it extremely hilarious if Mojo Jojo was the voice of Gabe.

Doesn't the guy who voiced Mojo jojo and Ghostface from the scream films, voice act in a number teletale games?
  • edited December 2010
    Strana1428 wrote: »
    Doesn't the guy who voiced Mojo jojo...and Ghostface from the scream films which to this day makes me laugh, voice act in a number teletale games?

Yes. He's that Roger L. Jackson fellow mentioned by Teeth earlier. In Poker Night, he does the voice of The Host (also known as Reginald Van Winslow :winslow:).
  • edited December 2010
    Yes. He's that Roger L. Jackson fellow mentioned by Teeth earlier. In Poker Night, he does the voice of The Host (also known as Reginald Van Winslow :winslow:).

As well as the Cheshire Cat in American McGee's Alice, which Chaikin's also voiced for.
  • edited December 2010
    In Sam & Max, he was Abe Lincoln, the Sea Monkeys, the Storm Moai, and Skun-ka'pe. In Tales of Monkey Island, he was Hemlock McGee, Winslow, and Galeb. That's all of his Telltale voice work that I can remember off the top of my head/find on IMDB (which was not very helpful). Also, according to IMDB, he's going to have a voice in BttF.
  • edited December 2010
    I've always thought Gabe would have a slightly higher voice. Kind of like Jason Saldana's Tucker voice in Red Vs. Blue.
  • edited December 2010
    What about me?
  • edited December 2010
    What about me?

Show us a demo and we'll see. Maybe say a few of his PA lines?
  • edited December 2010
    I have always 'heard' Gabe in my head as Will Friedle.
  • edited December 2010
    dominic armato or mark hamil
  • edited December 2010
    or maybe Vic Mignogna im not really sure
  • edited December 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Well Gabe of course.

gabenewell.jpg

Isn't that Jerry "Tycho" Holkins?
  • edited December 2010
    That's Gabe Newell. Jerry is bald. Hence "Why are you so bald?" as a common in-joke in reference to Tycho/Jerry.
  • edited December 2010
    Gabe mentioned in a news post a few years back that he would want Sean Connery to do his character's voice. I don't suppose it would be possible to actually secure the man, but it's what the big guy wants himself :p
  • edited December 2010
    htmarly wrote: »
    Isn't that Jerry "Tycho" Holkins?

No. That's Gabe.
  • edited December 2010
    I always imagined him as the voice of Richard Fawkas from Gamer Tonight (flash series).
  • edited December 2010
    Show us a demo and we'll see. Maybe say a few of his PA lines?

I'm browsing the archive right now, looking for some good lines.

I've got some good ones, I think.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm browsing the archive right now, looking for some good lines.

I've got some good ones, I think.

Awesome. Show us what you got, dude. :)

Ooh! Fun idea! Maybe we should have an unofficial voicing contest, with all the Poker Night forum people giving Gabe a shot. Male or female, since it'll be for the lolz.

That'd be fun.
  • edited January 2011
    http://www.mediafire.com/?21ihw68tz1miot1

My audition for Gabe. Yeah, my voice sounds terrible.
  • edited January 2011
    http://www.mediafire.com/?21ihw68tz1miot1

My audition for Gabe. Yeah, my voice sounds terrible.

I can't download this...that makes me sad...
  • edited January 2011
    I can't download this...that makes me sad...

Sorry, let me try something else.

Ok: Here, try this. http://www.mediafire.com/?n61s4ju9rlz9b8t
  • edited January 2011
    Sorry, let me try something else.

Ok: Here, try this. http://www.mediafire.com/?n61s4ju9rlz9b8t

Yay, I heard it!

Not bad, buddy, not bad at all. The only thing I have to say is that (at least, from what I imagine) Gabe is a little more shouty and frantic, due to his personality, but that's it.

I kinda want to try this...give me about an hour. I'll be back.

EDIT: Bam, guys. I think I'm the first female Gabe on YouTube. Awesome demo here.
  • edited January 2011
    is it cussy

i like the part when he says ninjas
Sign in to comment in this discussion.