Remember Peter Jacksons King Kong Game ???

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
Recently I thought about the official game to Peter Jacksons King Kong.

I especially remember the Encounters as a human with the T-Rex (or V-rex :))wich where so well designed. The T-Rex was always the ultimate threat, a symbol for fear, and in that game it was so intense fleeing, hiding and distracting the invincible monster. But I couldnt help but thinking how much better this would be in a Jurassic Park-Game.

Is there any chance that there will be similar passages in telltales game? Playing some parts of the game in first person with this kind of survival-gameplay? Would fit to the scenario and I think first person is the only way of delivering the feel of this kind of scenes adequatly. Also it would be a nice reminiscense to the old SNES-Game, wich had first person-passages as well. Just dont know if their engine would allow something like this.

Some vids of what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0bgRCaW2DQ&feature=watch_response
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGHdtAzHKe8&NR=1

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Ah, yes! The moments playing as a human and being attacked by the Rex was so damn scary the first times I played it. The T-Rex coming slowly towards you, and the guys that never finished to open the gate! Such a great level.

I definetly agree that something like that should be featured on the game.
  • edited December 2010
    You do realize Telltale develops point-and-click adventure games, right?

I mean, I suppose making a first-person game in the Telltale Tool is possible (see the intro to Poker Night at the Inventory. Even if you weren't actually playing, it had you walking through an area in first-person, and it felt really good), but trying to force them to do a completely different genre really wouldn't be a good idea.
  • edited December 2010
    I agree that the King Kong game was fun. I liked the levels with the T-rex (or V-Rex as it's really called in the King Kong universe).

But yeah, Telltale doesn't make games like that. It's probably going to be a third person puzzle solving game with suspense added in. Maybe like the original resident evil games?
  • edited December 2010
    You do realize Telltale develops point-and-click adventure games, right?

trying to force them to do a completely different genre really wouldn't be a good idea.

Why wouldnt Telltale be allowed to expand their gamestyle? I know they thrive in adventure games. But that doesnt mean they can't try something new at some point.
  • edited December 2010
    Didnt they already say it wont be point & click and the will do something they havent made before? If they make a third-person game with suspense or stealth in it, why is it impossible to make some levels in first person?
  • edited December 2010
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Didnt they already say it wont be point & click and the will do something they havent made before? If they make a third-person game with suspense or stealth in it, why is it impossible to make some levels in first person?

Yeah, they've said that JP is going to be a departure from their usual style. While I imagine that a lot of adventure elements will be present, some new stuff will be added, like first person view for example. This is highly probable as the Raptor animation we saw some time ago attacked the player on first person.

I imagine the game will be similar in style to Trespasser, which was basically an action game with adventure elements...
  • edited December 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Yeah, they've said that JP is going to be a departure from their usual style. While I imagine that a lot of adventure elements will be present, some new stuff will be added, like first person view for example. This is highly probable as the Raptor animation we saw some time ago attacked the player on first person.

I imagine the game will be similar in style to Trespasser, which was basically an action game with adventure elements...

Man, I really hope that you are right!
  • edited December 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »

Oh man Trespasser that brings back memories I don't care what the critics said about that game I loved it and still do.
  • edited December 2010
    WARP10CK wrote: »
    Oh man Trespasser that brings back memories I don't care what the critics said about that game I loved it and still do.

Me too! Funny how a game that received generally poor critics can have such a big fanbase after all that years! There must be something beyond the usual criteria for games that the game haves
  • edited December 2010
    I love trespasser as well, I just recently purchased it and love it. despite its bugs and the terrible AI.... I love hearing John Hammonds dialogue through the game
  • edited December 2010
    I like how the dinosaurs in Trespasser always walk sideways. lol

At leas the T-Rex did anyway. He kind of had this side step thing going on when he would chase you.

Anyway, I did enjoy Trespasser. I only played through it once though.
  • edited December 2010
    King Kong was Awesome! Telltale should totally rip it off the gameplay mechanics for their game! They can call it an homage!
  • edited December 2011
    I have the game too and it was awesome! Here are the Dinosaurs that were featured.
    Vastatosaurus rex
    Brontosaurus baxteri
    Venatosaurus saevidicus
    Venatosaurus impavidus
  • edited December 2011
    indeed that game was amazing. surprised it got bad reviews, i loved that game. now that i remember it, i'm going to get it tomorrow! hahaaha

i'm new to telltale (Jurassic Park was my first TT game) so i don't know what they will do.
  • edited December 2011
    You know... Telltale games should also make a King Kong game. What kind of gameplay do you think the game should have?
  • edited December 2011
    QTE's? lol
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2011
    That was exactly the time when Michel Ancel SHOULD have made Beyond Good & Evil 2. IIRC, Jackson wanted Ancel explicitly, so BG&E2 was off the table. Eventually, I did not buy it. But glad to hear people remember it fondly, nonetheless! ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.