Who else is at a point that they don't care M.J. Fox isn't doing the voice?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Chris Llyod made it work. If it had no original cast members it would have sucked. Crispin Glover would have been great, but he has a bad history with the BTTF series ever since they casted for Part II. :(
  • edited December 2010
    Principal Strickland would have been a much more interesting choice for a character than his sister. Like if he was a drunkard during prohibition. LOL!
  • edited December 2010
    Principal Strickland would have been a much more interesting choice for a character than his sister. Like if he was a drunkard during prohibition. LOL!

The only problem is: Principal Strickland would never work as
    Young Doc's love interest ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Farlander wrote: »
    The only problem is: Principal Strickland would never work as
    Young Doc's love interest ;)

I think it would of worked even better even though we know doc likes girls.
  • edited December 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    I think it would of worked even better even though we know doc likes girls.

:eek: ... Don't you ever, ever, EVER say THAT to my imagination AGAIN! ... GAH! :eek:
  • edited December 2010
    I think the new kid's a dead ringer... and I'm pretty sure they probably came to Mr. Fox and offered the role to him first -- but to my understanding, he's taking things really easy right now due to his health. Which is a good thing, getting into a recording booth to go through a thick script such as these games require may not be that good for the guy.
  • edited December 2010
    So you want that to finally happen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg6YEqWskrQ#t=0m23s

That's pretty hilarious. :D

Anyway, I was never really all that worried about the voice acting. I understand why Mr. Fox couldn't do it, and I figured that given how closely Telltale was working with the creators and getting Christopher Lloyd and everything, that they'd find someone able to do the voice just right. And Andyman is doing an excellent job.
  • edited December 2010
    I think AJ did a very commendable job. I was worried at first because his #1 line that he keeps throwing out when talking about being Marty is the "What the hell is a jigowatt?" line, and I think he makes that one a little too high, but when he was belting out the lines from "Temporal Experiment Number One", he was spot on. More so than Lloyd, to be honest. >_>
  • edited December 2010
    Well remember, Lloyd's almost thirty years older than he was at the time of the first movie. And he wasn't exactly a spring chicken to begin with. His voice has gotten a bit hoarser with age.

That said, it's only been a slight change, enough for someone who's watched the movies a lot to hear it, but still more than close enough to Doc's voice.

Although I do agree he didn't quite do his lines correctly in the intro scene, but then we may just be so used to his original acting on those that any other way of saying the lines seems wrong.
  • edited December 2010
    The funny thing is, Lloyd is the age now that he was supposed to be in the 1985 scenes in BTTF. He was closer in age to his 1955 self in the first movie when it was made. If anything, his performance in the opening scene is more accurate now. :D
  • edited December 2010
    Kyronea wrote: »
    Well remember, Lloyd's almost thirty years older than he was at the time of the first movie. And he wasn't exactly a spring chicken to begin with. His voice has gotten a bit hoarser with age.

That said, it's only been a slight change, enough for someone who's watched the movies a lot to hear it, but still more than close enough to Doc's voice.

Although I do agree he didn't quite do his lines correctly in the intro scene, but then we may just be so used to his original acting on those that any other way of saying the lines seems wrong.

I expected it to be a lot worse after I heard him talking in Behind the Scenes videos. Sure, he might be talking in a low tone to preserve his voice too, but it got me worried. Now I think his voice is splendid.

Marty's voice... well. His line "You'll lead a pretty unusual life, Doc" throws me off everytime I hear it because his voice cracks there. But, you know what, his voice SHOULD crack. He's 17 in the storyline.

I'm surprised noone praises the work of... the person who does the voice of Teen Doc. Teen Doc's the most lovable character in the episode IMO and it wouldn't be as great without such a fitting voice!
  • edited December 2010
    Very true Falanca! So much so that everyone feels terrible about the deception at the end. :(
  • edited December 2010
    For the reason of being a fan, i'm always going to miss Michael and if ever there was a chance of reprising his role, i'd have no hesitation in setting aside any replacement they have cast for him. That said, AJ LoCascio is doing a fantastic job and while I miss Michael, at no point have I felt that AJ LoCascio doesn't deserve the role or that an alternative should be sought. I really couldn't have imagined anyone better to step into MJF's shoes.
  • harringtonvoharringtonvo Verified
    edited December 2010
    For the reason of being a fan, i'm always going to miss Michael and if ever there was a chance of reprising his role, i'd have no hesitation in setting aside any replacement they have cast for him. That said, AJ LoCascio is doing a fantastic job and while I miss Michael, at no point have I felt that AJ LoCascio doesn't deserve the role or that an alternative should be sought. I really couldn't have imagined anyone better to step into MJF's shoes.

Well said.
  • edited December 2010
    chicken sandwich.

....oh, and also I agree with TryWhistlingThis.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, there's no way it's as good as it would have been with MJ Fox. Having Lloyd and Fox's voices would have been essential for a new series like this, so it's really only half done. No one else in the movies matter really, but they do...

Codeguru

PS- I don't care what went wrong with The Ghostbusters game. I even had one of the pre-orders that had to be cancelled because of the delay. It was the best thing I've played in years because the 4 real voices were back, albeit Janine's voice made a huge difference too.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm afraid I have to disagree Codeguru. I don't think MJ Fox could have pulled it off. His voice doesn't sound like an adolescent anymore. And there's no way he could have sat in the recording booth long enough. :(
  • edited December 2010
    I'm afraid I have to disagree Codeguru. I don't think MJ Fox could have pulled it off. His voice doesn't sound like an adolescent anymore. And there's no way he could have sat in the recording booth long enough. :(

You do know it's almost 2015 right? There are many methods for voice actors to phone in their lines at their own leisure. And if a voice pitch alteration is all that was needed, welcome to 1955. But all that is moot. The point is, it could have been better with his voice and that's a fact, the movie was about those two characters and the duo is only half there. Being forced to settle for less is no reason to be happy about it or give false praise, that's just insulting to everyone involved...

Codeguru
  • edited December 2010
    No, saying that the game is a "half-assed" effort because Michael J. Fox said he couldn't do it is insulting. Michael J. Fox is sick. He cannot be expected to do this. I'm sure he would LOVE to do it, but he has far more important things on his mind.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.