[BTTF quotes thread] I must play this game! It is my density

Comments

• edited December 2010
    God, Biff was such a jerk in that scene. Poor kids.

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up!"
  • edited December 2010
    "I guess we'll have to eat this cake by ourselves; your uncle, Joey, didn't make parole again."

"Uncle 'Jail-bird' Joey?"

"I think, it would be nice, if you'd all drop him a line."

"Aw, he's YOUR brother, Mom!"

"I think it's a major embarassment having an uncle in prison."

"We all make mistakes in life children."
  • edited December 2010
    You must BUMP biff at 88 miles per hour!

(I used to press all the buttons on that ride, even into adulthood.)
  • edited December 2010
    "I still don't understand what dad was doing in the middle of the street..."

"What was it George? Bird watching?"
  • edited December 2010
    "He's a peeping-tom!"
  • edited December 2010
    "Stella!! Another one of these damn kids jumped in front of my car!"
  • edited December 2010
    "Tell me, how is it... that you came to be way out here... without a horse, or boots... or a hat?"

"Well, my ca... horse broke down, and a bear ate my boots, and... I guess I just forgot my hat."

"How could you forget a thing like your hat?!"
  • edited December 2010
    Forgive if inaccurate

"Calvin?"
    "That's your name right? It says so on your underwear: Calvin Klein"
  • edited December 2010
    Hi friends, Goldie Wilson III for Wilson Hover Conversion Systems. You know, when my Grandpa was Mayor of Hill Valley, he had to worry about traffic problems. But now, you don't have to worry about traffic. I'll hover convert your old road car into a skyway flyer- for only $39,999.95! So come on down and see me Goldie Wilson III, at any one of our 29 convenient locations. Remember, keep 'em flying!
  • edited December 2010
    "It's like we're in Hell or something!"

"No, it's Hill Valley alright, although I can't imagine Hell being much worse."
  • edited December 2010
    "You're just not thinking fourth dimensionally!"
    Zepton wrote: »
    oooh do you? :D Are you saying Doc didn't invent the time machine because Marty and Old Doc messed with young Doc and made him change his focus in life? Or does Mart make Doc fail his tests by pestering him and he never gets his doctorate in... whatever, and can't create the time machine? or some other chain of events that Marty caused? Oooh, I can't wait to find out! Also, that's great line, the way Doc says it, just awesome. I hope the line's used in the game like you say.

I think he means that Marty will tell young Doc about the time machine and get that line in reaction, which would make perfect sense to me given the direction the plot seems to take based on the episode synopsis. Then again, I'm sure there's a ton left out of those. ^_^
  • edited December 2010
    "Yeah, I know, I have a real problem that.
  • edited December 2010
    "Why do you keep following me!?"
  • edited December 2010
    "I'm tellin you George, if you don't ask Lorraine to that dance, I'm gonna regret it for the rest of my life."
  • edited December 2010
    "In about thirty years...?"

"I hope so!"

"Don't worry! As long as the connecting hook makes contact with the wire at the precisely 88 miles per hour, the instant the lightning strikes the tower... everything will be fine."

(I just love how Doc downplays how improbable it all is.)
  • edited December 2010
    Doc: I foresee two possibilities. One, coming face to face with herself 30 years older would put her into shock and she'd simply pass out. Or two, the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.
    Marty: Well, that's a relief.

Marty: Great Scott!!!
    Doc: I know! This is heavy!
  • edited December 2010
    "Forfeit? Forfeit?! Uh...what's that mean?"

"It, uh, means you win without a fight."

"Without shootin'?! He can't do that HEY you can't do that!!!"
  • edited December 2010
    "I thought we could settle this like men!"

"You thought wrong, dude."
  • edited December 2010
    "Buford Tannen, you're under arrest for robbing the Pine City Stage. Have you got anything to say?"

"....I hate manure."
  • edited December 2010
    'You wait and see, Mr. Carruthers, I'll be the most poweful man in Hill Valley, and I'm gonna clean up this town!'

'Good, you can start by mopping the floor.'
  • edited December 2010
    "Mayor Goldie Wilson: I like the sounda that!"
  • edited December 2010
    "Dammit Doc, why did you tear up that letter?! If only I had more time....wait. I've got all the time I want! I've got a time machine!"
  • edited December 2010
    "Dammit Doc, why did you tear up that letter?! If only I had more time....wait. I've got all the time I want! I've got a time machine!"

Which brings us to a question WHY did he set it only 10 minutes earlier? He says himself he has got any time he wants. And just 10 minutes...

Now, I know why it was done dramatically, to show the second Marty, to show Doc killed again, yada-yada. Still, Marty's logic is strange.
  • edited December 2010
    And if Marty actually got there earlier it could have caused a paradox if he saw himself possibly making Marty not go back in time.
  • edited December 2010
    "I remember when this was all farmland as far as the eye could see... Old Man Peabody... owned alla this... and he had this crazy idea... about breeding pine trees..."

hehe... ten minutes, what was that about. Should set it for an hour, at least. I'd even argue a day, so he could warn Doc without bumping into himself.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, Marty wasn't planning on the car dying. If it hadn't, then he would've made it, though he probably would have caused a paradox.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah... I guess he just wasn't thinking fourth dimensionally :p

Edit: forgot to post a quote...

"you owe me money, blacksmith!"

"How'd ya figure?!"

"My house threw a shoe, and seein as you was the one that done the shoin I say that makes you responsible!"

"Well, since you never paid me for the job, I'd say that makes us even!"

"Wrong, see I was on my house when it threw the shoe, and I got throwed off... and THAT caused me to bust a perfectly good bottle of Kentuky Red Eye. So the way I see it, you owe me 5 dollars for the whiskey, and 75 dollars for the horse!"

"That's 80 dollars!"

"Look, if you're horse threw a shoe, bring 'im back an' I'll reshoe him!"

"I done shot that horse!"
  • edited December 2010
    "It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards Tannen! And it's pointed straight at your head!"
  • edited December 2010
    "Look! How'd he get up on stage"
    "I don't know, but when he gets done, were gonna nail him."
    "How the hell did he change his clothes so fast?"

(And, I think my favorite line in Back 2)

Marty: "Doc, Doc come in."
    Doc: "Marty, Come in."
    Marty: "Listen, Biff's guys just chased me into the gym, and ther gonna jump...me."
    Doc: "Then get out of there!" (that one.)
    Marty: "No, Doc. Not me, the other me. The one thats up on stage playing Johnny B. Good."
    Doc: "Great Scott! Your other self will miss the lightning bolt at the clock tower, you won't go back to the future and we'll have a major parodox."
    Marty: "Wait, wait a parodox?...You mean one of those things that could destroy the universe?"
    Doc: "Precisely. Marty, you have to stop those guys at all costs, but without beeing seen by yourself or your parents!"
    Marty: "10-4."
  • edited December 2010
    Well, Marty wasn't planning on the car dying. If it hadn't, then he would've made it, though he probably would have caused a paradox.

The Libyans were already on the route to Doc as soon as Marty came back. Even if he would made it before them, it would be one-two minutes before their arrival tops, and he would've had to take care of two Time Machines, two Martys, a freaked out Doc and the Libyans chasing them with a bazooka.

It seems Marty REALLY doesn't think fourth-dimensionally. :)
  • edited December 2010
    "Yeah, I know, I have a real problem with that."
  • edited December 2010
    "You'll be instantly transported to 1885 and those indians won't even be there!"
  • edited December 2010
    *arrives in 1885*

"INDIANS!!"
  • edited December 2010
    "Cheer up, Emmet. Why, I've been peddling this barbed wire all across the country, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that you never know what the future might bring."

"The future... oh, I can tell you about the future..."
  • edited December 2010
    "Run for fun? What the hell kinda fun is that?!"
  • edited December 2010
    "You mean you have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy!"

It's as if only people in 1985 like to be active for recreation, and people in both the future and past only see it as a neccessary evil :D
  • edited December 2010
    lol, either that or BTTF2 actually predicted MS's Kinect...though I sure hope not, I've seen people play that thing...and people say playing the Wii makes you look retarded, at least the Wii has a remote so you have an excuse to look stupid.

"Remember where you're going, there are no roads!"
  • edited December 2010
    Realy? I'm kinda hoping love motion control gaming either slowly dies down and we move back to normal-mouse/controller gaming, or we speed on through and move straight to the big guns: virtual reality gaming. You know, like the Matrix or something... that'd be awesome. Intermediate, waving-your-arms-wildly gaming stinks.

"This read-out tels you where you're going, this one tells you where you are, this one tells you where you were. You imput your destination time on this keypad: Say you want to see the signing of the declaration of independence? Or witness the birth of Christ?"
  • edited December 2010
    @Shadowknight
    I'd say playing the Kinect makes you look even more 'retarded'.
    I hate using that word...

@Zepton
    The big comfort is that mouse/controller gaming will still be around for a long time.
    Why? Because of human limitations. Yes we can control games by 1:1 body movements, but do we really want to? Wasn't gaming a means of relaxation instead of work-out?
    Since humans will always have a part that's lazy in them mouses and joypads will stick around. :D

The same thing I wonder about visuals on a tv. Now we have HD. But that line of innoviation will stop very soon. Because we can't make things make more realistic than in real-life.
  • edited December 2010
    About the kinect, If im playing a video game I dont want to get worn out or tired playing it. Yeah im lazy, but I dont know many people who would want to get worn out or tired playing a game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.