An informal site poll...

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited January 2008 in General Chat
Hey guys, I had a quick question for you about how you use Telltale's site:

If you were to buy a Sam & Max episode from Telltale's site, where would your gut tell you to buy it from? The Sam & Max season one page (here), or the Telltale store page (eg here)?

Or, alternatively, if you have already purchased season or an episode, from which of those two pages did you buy it?

Comments

• edited February 2007
    I see the Sam and Max (along with the ones for Bone, et al) pages as an explanation/content pages, and would go to the store afterwards to select the items I want to buy--and then go to store to purchase things I've then decided to buy.
  • edited February 2007
    Guess that I have to go with the Store Page... That just seems most logic to me.

I dont really remember where i did get it, but I think that it was on that one.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Informal as the poll may be, you guys should, you know, also actually vote in it as well as posting about it :)
  • edited February 2007
    Hmmm, should I vote other, since I'm through GameTap, or should I not vote?
    edited February 2007
    I'm mainly asking about people who buy from our site, but if you really want to check a box and hit submit, fire away. :)
  • edited February 2007
    IIRC I just used the link in the demo splash screen. Obviously this leaves me with no idea what to vote. :D
    edited February 2007
    "Other" probably :)
  • edited February 2007
    Yeah, I suppose...
  • edited February 2007
    From Sam&Max Page because it was a big green button and I hadn't visited the store page before that ^^
  • edited February 2007
    That fancy price-changing feature upon clicking the check box on the Sam & Max page made me do it. That's where I dropped my money for you guys.
  • edited February 2007
    I couldn't get money transfer to work, so a friend bought if for me with my money, no idea where though. (Whichever ones uses Paypal I guess)
  • edited February 2007
    Looked at the Sam & Max site, then sent an email through the contact us link to clear up a query I had. Got a fast reply & about to buy now through the Sam & Max link. Have voted before posting... btw :rolleyes:
  • edited February 2007
    I was thinking about ordering other items as well, so I went to the store... but then I decided just to get Season 1 for now. Regardless, still through the store front.
  • edited February 2007
    Bought Al Emmo from this site... and sam and max I played through gametap.
  • edited February 2007
    I used the 'buy this game' thingy after playing through the demo of S&M, ep 1. I don't remember how I swapped to buying the whole season instead, but it started after finishing the demo.. so I went with that (other) as my vote.
  • edited February 2007
    From wherever the link from the front page leads me. I believe I just clicked on the most relevant thing on the homepage. I imagine most people do the same. The end destination is up to you.
  • edited February 2007
    I bought it twice... I think the first time I bought it, I went to the Sam an Max page. The second time, I went to the store page, because I knew that I wanted to buy it... I didn't need any information from the Sam and Max page.

However, I've just voted 'store', because I forgot I'd bought the thing twice.
  • edited February 2007
    "other"

But I'm in a unique situation. My university PC (my main (and cheapest) connection to the internet) is a Linux machine, so the downloader does not work. I download the 'demo' from a demo site and activate it on my home pc (using my 3G cellphone as a modem).
  • edited February 2007
    OTHER: I am not really sure where it took me from there, but I clicked the "buy whole first season" link on the main page, so for all practical purposes, I bought it at the root of the site.
    edited February 2007
    That's through the store
  • edited February 2007
    Oh wow i cant remember, sorry.
  • edited March 2007
    Mmm well, i believe i looked first the S&M Page, and after that i bought it over the Store(main HP Store Link).

The Season Upgrade was over the Email Link(that was sent last year)), because i did not find the upgrade offer on the Page(maybe overlooked).

The physical things, over the store directly.
  • edited March 2007
    Other. I clicked the button on the demo I think. I don't quite remember since I bought season 1 months ago.
  • edited May 2007
    I would locate/find what I needed and if I could add it to my cart from that point I logically would and then go to checkout.
  • edited August 2007
    Hope it isn't too late to be replying to this, but I got it through the Sam and Max page. :)
  • edited August 2007
    love the sam n max screen but the store should be the main access point for all buying.. Heck link it with a dartboard and a nice little clip of audio of say Sam missing the board and hitting a cat when you click to buy it. Then have that take you to the store link that already adds it to the cart. :P
  • edited August 2007
    I guess it all depends on where I enter from. I bought mine through the store I think, I visited Telltales home page and clicked on the link that was advertising the the Sam & Max Season 1 DVD.

I don't think there is a preference, I just think it depend on were you are at the time you see an ad that spurs interest. It good that Telltale has more that one way to purchase products, actually it's very smart... =)
  • edited August 2007
    Just to say, I also purchased Bone via the Bone page yesterday, even though I knew you could do it through the store.
  • edited January 2008
    Wow this poll is old. Anyway, I would've bought S&M from the store page... if I hadn't found it on Amazon. :p
  • edited January 2008
    It depends really but usually the store since it loads faster.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.