Episode 4 GameTap and Telltale Trailers

edited February 2007 in Sam & Max
I've uploaded the new GameTap trailer for Episode 4.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_article.php?topic_id=25383313&union_id=936

Update:

GameSpot took down both the GameTap and Telltale trailers I posted today (as well as most of the Sam and Max content I had previously uploaded over the past few months). They have sent me several messages warning me that I have violated the Terms of Service of their site.

This is unfortunate, as I like to post them at GameSpot to help the Sam and Max games get more exposure. :(

Update2:

I've uploaded the video at another site.

Download the GameTap Trailer

Download the Telltale Trailer

Comments

• edited February 2007
    What are your thoughts on it? Would I want to watch it if I'm avoiding very blantant spoilers?
  • edited February 2007
    Our trailer will be going up today also. Ours is fairly spoiler-free, also. For that matter, though, the Gametap one isn't bad.
  • edited February 2007
    oooooooooh *im all a-tingle with glee*
    dont think theres any real big spoilers

the lighting looks even better in this episode :)
  • edited February 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Our trailer will be going up today also.

Weeei! I'll wait :D
  • edited February 2007
    Man, I've never seen such fast responses. :)
  • edited February 2007
    Haha, me neither :p
  • edited February 2007
    Oooo, awesome, looks like things are finally getting more epic now. We may get our "Sam and Max in outer space" finale yet! :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Telltale's ep 4 trailer is now up on our Abe Lincoln Must Die! page as well. Enjoy :)
  • edited February 2007
    Hehe! Thx a lot! Love it!
  • edited February 2007
    Oh my, I love both trailers! Sheer brilliance! All hail Max!

I also love the little details. Seems like Max decided to add an extra state (Canada? Mexico? Micronesia?), Bosco is now a communist (yay! that should be fun, with terms like glasnost, perestroika, and vodka being flung about), and is that American flag on the sky background an homage to Day of the Tentacle, or do my eyes deceive me?
    edited February 2007
    Also! High res WMV download of the Telltale trailer available here.

And nope, it's not a reference to DOTT. I mean, if you want it to be one, it could be. It's mostly a reference to the majesty of an American flag with an extra star stitched on though.
  • edited February 2007
    Can't wait! Both the video and the screenshots look very promising, especially the screenshot of Sam by the pool. Looks very... Sam & Max-ish :)
  • edited February 2007
    Wow that looks awesome.. the
    whitehouse
    looks particularly well done
  • edited February 2007
    Now THIS is what I call a "Teaser trailer"...

AWESOME! :D
  • edited February 2007
    wow...
    hypnosis sure looks like the theme for season 1....
  • edited February 2007
    pheeph wrote: »
    wow...
    hypnosis sure looks like the theme for season 1....
    ...and your just figuring this out :p ?
  • edited February 2007
    This looks like the best episode of the season. It's more epic, and for some reason its given me a whole Day of the Tentacle flashback warm fuzzy feeling.
    edited February 2007
    Haha Hero I just noticed your sig. Nice reference to the carnie tattoo from the comics.
  • edited February 2007
    Bubbel wrote: »
    Especially the screenshot of Sam by the pool. Looks very... Sam & Max-ish :)

Can't agree more, looks like one of the best locations so far. Kinda like a weird mix between outside bumpusville and the mystery vortex.
  • edited February 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Also! High res WMV download of the Telltale trailer available here.

And nope, it's not a reference to DOTT. I mean, if you want it to be one, it could be. It's mostly a reference to the majesty of an American flag with an extra star stitched on though.

Ah, cool. You guys added more scenes. The trailer seems more ambigious than trailers from previous eps. Cool
  • edited February 2007
    I don't I've ever read a sam and max story focusing on politics... Has there ever been one? Because there's DEFINITELY a lot of comedic potential there! :D
  • edited February 2007
    Unrelated to this thread, but I realized from watching the telltale trailer that chuckles look like an american version of Conroy Bumpus. I mean if ya remove the after shave and dyed his hair, he can be a clone of Conroy
  • edited February 2007
    Doesn't seem as short, though. :)

He reminds of the classic "mr. smith" "men in black" stereotype, though.
  • edited February 2007
    Oh. My. Gawd!

That trailer had me wondering where everything was going with this upcoming episode to the point where I can't wait! Well, I can, because I paid for it already, but you know what I mean.

Episode 4 looks like it will be a lot of fun.:D
  • edited February 2007
    Anyone have a link to the gametap trailer? The original post no longer contains it.
  • edited February 2007
    csmithrd wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the gametap trailer? The original post no longer contains it.

See the updates and explanation in the original post.
  • edited February 2007
    This will surely kick serious ass.
  • edited February 2007
    At first I was a bit unhappy that Bosco has disguised himself with yet another stereotypical nationality, but I hope you guys make up for it with some properly botched Russian Reversals. :D
  • edited February 2007
    Well this is the best trailer I have seen. Really interesting, and explains why episode 3 was too short I guess.
  • edited February 2007
    I don't know what to say.... but that bodyguard next to the president disturbingly looks like Larry Laffer
  • edited February 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    At first I was a bit unhappy that Bosco has disguised himself with yet another stereotypical nationality, but I hope you guys make up for it with some properly botched Russian Reversals. :D

Agreed. And you could have ShaggE help you. But in Soviet Russia, you helps ShaggE!
    Now you see why I didn't volunteer to help myself. I did it incorrectly in so many ways...
  • edited February 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    I did it incorrectly in so many ways...
    In Soviet Russia, it does you incorrectly!
  • edited February 2007
    In Soviet Russia, my ass is laughing ME off at this thread!
  • edited February 2007
    In Soviet Russia, the thread posts YOU!

Or was that just too obvious? I only found out about these things when I read the above post so I can see myself using them far more often than is good for me, or you.

In Soviet Russia, good is far more often...no that doesn't work.
  • edited February 2007
    The worse the reversal, the better. For instance:

"In Soviet Russia, television watches YOU!" wouldn't be as good, since the joke actually makes sense. (As Yakov Smirnoff intended his reversals to.)

"In Soviet Russia, coffee drinks YOU!" is better, because it makes no damn sense at all, thus effectively parodizing Smirnoff's humour.

This Tutorial on Russian Reversals brought to you by: ShaggE! The name psychopaths trust!
  • edited February 2007
    FINALLY!

Telltale has got the writing in the Sam and Max games, but so far, the stories haven't moved enough into surreal territory. This is it! This is the game that moves Sam and Max into the place where they belong; a bizarre and frightening alternate universe where reality has been tossed around like particles in a snow globe!
  • edited February 2007
    Oilers99 wrote: »
    FINALLY!

Telltale has got the writing in the Sam and Max games, but so far, the stories haven't moved enough into surreal territory. This is it! This is the game that moves Sam and Max into the place where they belong; a bizarre and frightening alternate universe where reality has been tossed around like particles in a snow globe!

Yeah I'm pretty excited about this one too :)
  • edited February 2007
    Oilers99 wrote: »
    FINALLY!

In Soviet Russia, snow globes shake YOU!

Anyway, are you saying the nations capital is surreal territory and/or an alternate universe?
  • edited February 2007
    Well, they did turn my home city into Bumpusville when they could have made it look like they were going to Memphis. That surreal enough?
  • edited February 2007
    New setting? Hooray! :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.