Hit the Road, Again

edited December 2010 in Sam & Max
Is it just me or should they re-release Hit the Road or make a sequel, cause I never got to play, and I really want to.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    well, with some searching you can find it in lots of places and it plays on most pcs thanks to scummvm
  • edited December 2010
    I have a copy on disc that works perfect on Vista with no need to use scummvm or dosbox. So, there are copies out there. I got it really cheap too.
  • edited December 2010
    How much, and how did you get, and where did you get it?
  • edited December 2010
    I have two copies of that game...... and Scummvm works great with them. you can still get it on Amazon used pretty reasonably priced.

Here it is on amazon
    $13.97
    + $3.99shipping

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0007WOX4A/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1293121695&sr=8-1&condition=used

here it is with Day of the Tentacle
    $29.99
    + $3.99shipping

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0007PLAFM/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1293121695&sr=8-3&condition=used

Best deal
    Lucas Archives Volume 1
    $24.99
    + $3.99shipping

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00000K50T/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1293121695&sr=8-7&condition=used
  • edited December 2010
    warning756 wrote: »
    How much, and how did you get, and where did you get it?

I ebayed mine for about £5. Having just tried to find the same copy as I have on Amazon.com, it made me realise that my copy seems to be a UK release only, so if you live in America it would be best for you to go with Irishmile's suggestions. If you live in the UK though, it's this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sam-Max-Hit-Road-PC/dp/B00005Q6XJ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1293124829&sr=8-4

As you can see, it is quite cheap.
  • edited December 2010
    i wouldlike to play it (does scummVM games need to work to put them on it
  • edited December 2010
    Is it just me or should they re-release Hit the Road or make a sequel, cause I never got to play, and I really want to.

You know, I had a similar thought.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20873

Please see my last post in that thread to see how that turned out. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I really would rather them just sell the original, or a remake that's the exact same as the original, in the store.
  • edited December 2010
    I really would rather them just sell the original, or a remake that's the exact same as the original, in the store.

Telltale has no rights to hit the road.
  • edited December 2010
    I know that. I mean they should try to get the rights or the permission to do so.
  • edited December 2010
    I know that. I mean they should try to get the rights or the permission to do so.

Lucasarts didnt even give them permission to create freelance police, and it was cancelled. What makes you think they will recreate an old game of theirs.
  • edited December 2010
    Tales of Monkey Island
  • edited December 2010
    Tales of Monkey Island
    That wasnt a remake, that was lucasarts saying "hey lets use telltale for a quick buck"
    Telltale remaking a full game of theirs is just stupid, but if lucasarts were to remake some of their old games on steam, like loom, that could work.
  • edited December 2010
    They DID remake Tales of Monkey Island on steam you bojo.
  • edited December 2010
    They DID remake Tales of Monkey Island on steam you bojo.

*pulls to one side*

Just to let you know, Tales of Monkey Island was a new game by Telltale and LucasArts, the remake was The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and Monkey Island 2: Special Edition, and yes all of these were released on Steam.
  • edited December 2010
    I forget theirs a difference with names, but still it's on steam you bojo.
  • edited December 2010
    I have this game on an emulator. Sucky thing is, it has absolutely no save option; you play it all the way through or you don't finish it.
  • edited December 2010
    F5 was the button to push to save on most of those old lucasarts games. :^)
  • edited December 2010
    I don't see why not. If lucas has hit the road and steve holds the sam and max rights..... they could just do a monkey island special edition and make it prettier!
  • edited December 2010
    I forget theirs a difference with names, but still it's on steam you bojo.

Telltale didn't make those, they were made by Lucasarts.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok, well maybe they can make hit the road with steve's permission.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok, well maybe they can make hit the road with steve's permission.

They Don't need Steve's permission they'd need it from Lucas Arts
  • edited December 2010
    gamer247 wrote: »
    They Don't need Steve's permission they'd need it from Lucas Arts

In fact, Lucas Arts can not do anything on their end before they get permission from Steve.

This is a catch 22: Steve can't touch Hit the Road because Lucas Arts owns the program code. Also, Lucas Arts can not rerelease or do anything with Hit the road because Lucas Arts does not have the neccessary rights to the characters Sam and Max.

Answer to this mess: Both Steve and "Some Exec" from Lucas Arts must ask for a Hit the Road Project at the very same time.
  • edited December 2010
    One of them needs to be willing to ask first, if lucasarts asked im sure steve would say yes in a heartbeat, but if steve asked lucasarts might demand something else in return, they just need to ask and get permission, if anyone up in telltale is reading this, show it to steve, now, NOW!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.