How did Einstein get in the Delorean?

already posed the question in one of these topics, but I don't think anyone answered.

So, is this explained somewhere in the game? What are your thoughts?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I haven't finished episode 1 yet, but I'm presuming that >>> see below

Einstein was with Doc in the Delorean when he was 'visiting' 1931. Then Doc ran into trouble, and got put in jail - Einstein would have still be waiting for him inside the Delorean. The homing device then kicked in, which took the Delorean with Einstein inside back to Marty in 1986.
  • edited December 2010
    Sally wrote: »
    I haven't finished episode 1 yet, but I'm presuming that >>> see below

Einstein was with Doc in the Delorean when he was 'visiting' 1931. Then Doc ran into trouble, and got put in jail - Einstein would have still be waiting for him inside the Delorean. The homing device then kicked in, which took the Delorean with Einstein inside back to Marty in 1986.

Well Einstein did leave the delorrean because if you remember, he takes Edna Stricklands shoe, which he then takes with him back to 1986.
  • edited December 2010
    It is simple, in the Telltale games universe, dogs can drive cars. See: Sam & Max.
  • edited December 2010
    Einstein is a very smart dog. So he probably knew to get in the Delorean.
  • edited December 2010
    When Doc was explaining the return of the DeLorean he says "plus or minus some of the little bells and whistles", perhaps one of those additions was a switch or release latch for Einstein to use.
  • edited December 2010
    BrendanK wrote: »
    When Doc was explaining the return of the DeLorean he says "plus or minus some of the little bells and whistles", perhaps one of those additions was a switch or release latch for Einstein to use.

Well, that's probably the most rational thing I've heard so far. But still frustrating. Do you guys think they might go into it in later episodes?
  • edited December 2010
    Okay first off, I think Doc has done some sort of experiment on that dog. That dog is almost inhumanly intelligent...should that be in-caninely? Whatever, he's obviously smarter than the average dog. He somehow knew that Marty would need some clue to get back to 1931, and he knew how to open the car door. :p
  • edited December 2010
    Considering that the Young Doc was teaching Einstein his multiplication tables in the park in 1931, I would say the dog is insanely smart.
  • edited December 2010
    already posed the question in one of these topics, but I don't think anyone answered.

So, is this explained somewhere in the game? What are your thoughts?

The auto recall in thing summoned the Delorean from its first maiden voyage, which he was in.
  • edited December 2010
    The auto recall in thing summoned the Delorean from its first maiden voyage, which he was in.

Uh no.
  • edited December 2010
    Okay first off, I think Doc has done some sort of experiment on that dog. That dog is almost inhumanly intelligent...should that be in-caninely? Whatever, he's obviously smarter than the average dog. He somehow knew that Marty would need some clue to get back to 1931, and he knew how to open the car door. :p

Y'know I was actually thinking that myself. Also, in the movies, it seems he taught Copernicus how to play Chess.

But still...I mean it even seems more unlikely that it's a Delorean. Those doors seem like they'd be pretty difficult to open and close for a dog (god, I feel sorta ridiculous even considering this lol). But, also, wouldn't Doc have locked the car!?

So, to sum up, Einstein would have gotten Edna's shoe, run to where the Delorean was hidden, unlocked the car, opened it somehow, and closed it all before the automatic retrieval system kicked in.

Seriously, How the Heck!?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm calling it now, the DeLorean went somewhere else before it came back to 1986. Someone sent Einstein to 1986 from whenever after Doc went to 1931. I think it's releated to Marty's dream.
  • edited December 2010
    So, to sum up, Einstein would have gotten Edna's shoe, run to where the Delorean was hidden, unlocked the car, opened it somehow, and closed it all before the automatic retrieval system kicked in.

Seriously, How the Heck!?
    If the DeLorean can drive (AKA "automatically retrieve") itself, perhaps it can open and close its own doors? Say, at the sound of a bark?
  • edited December 2010
    Doc wouldn't necessarily had to have been in jail when Einstein got in the car.

Doc could've been out and about with Einstein the day Einstein ran off and grabbed Edna's shoe and then gone back to his car to do something or other, letting Einstein in and left Einstein in there sleeping perhaps the night he was arrested.
  • edited December 2010
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    I'm calling it now, the DeLorean went somewhere else before it came back to 1986. Someone sent Einstein to 1986 from whenever after Doc went to 1931. I think it's releated to Marty's dream.

This is interesting. I also find it curious that they flat out make clear that Doc didn't know about Einstein getting Edna's shoe. They make it known, that Doc did not put Einstein in the car. I don't know if that just might be a humorous hint that Einstein might be smarter than the average dog, but maybe they are hinting that they'll go into it in future episodes.
  • edited December 2010
    This is interesting. I also find it curious that they flat out make clear that Doc didn't know about Einstein getting Edna's shoe. They make it known, that Doc did not put Einstein in the car. I don't know if that just might be a humorous hint that Einstein might be smarter than the average dog, but maybe they are hinting that they'll go into it in future episodes.

When young Doc plays with Einie, you can see he is smarter than the average dog.
  • edited December 2010
    Isn't it obvious that Einstein is the villain? Come on Telltale boards, I thought you were smarter than this.
  • edited December 2010
    It's actually funny, I just played through the game again and noticed that in 1986, Marty doesn't even reach up to close the door, it closes by itself?! Perhaps that lends to my theory of Doc installing an automatic door opening mechanism?
  • edited December 2010
    BrendanK wrote: »
    It's actually funny, I just played through the game again and noticed that in 1986, Marty doesn't even reach up to close the door, it closes by itself?! Perhaps that lends to my theory of Doc installing an automatic door opening mechanism?

huh, cool. Good eye. :)
  • edited December 2010
    Couldn't it be that the opening sequence wasn't actually a dream, and its the Einstein that was in the car at the time. Yet to be explained but it could come full circle?
  • edited December 2010
    Welshy wrote: »
    Couldn't it be that the opening sequence wasn't actually a dream, and its the Einstein that was in the car at the time. Yet to be explained but it could come full circle?

First of all I do believe that was a dream, representing that Marty felt that Doc was disappearing from his life. It also foreshadows what happens to Marty at the end of the episode.

But, even if it wasn't a dream, how would Einstein have gotten Edna's shoe then? So, no offense, but either way your idea doesn't make any sense.
  • edited December 2010
    I do have a feeling though that Marty's dream foreshadows all the crap that will happen in the last episode which they'll have to fix.
  • edited December 2010
    Do you guys think they might go into it in later episodes?

We haven't seen the events leading up to Einstein's attack on Edna, or the Delorean going back to 1986 for the first time yet, so I'm guessing that the mystery of what happened there will be explained in the next episode.
  • edited December 2010
    Welllllll...I hate bringing up the animated series because I know how much of a ****storm that causes, but in the cartoon, Doc did install a feature that allowed the DeLorean to recognize Einstein's bark and let him in.
  • edited December 2010
    Welllllll...I hate bringing up the animated series because I know how much of a ****storm that causes, but in the cartoon, Doc did install a feature that allowed the DeLorean to recognize Einstein's bark and let him in.

Alright, so until further notice, I will accept that.
  • edited December 2010
    lol, he also invented a device that can fold up the delorean to the size and weight of a suitcase :D :D :D
  • edited December 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    lol, he also invented a device that can fold up the delorean to the size and weight of a suitcase :D :D :D

Actually, it still weighed as much as the fullsize car, Marty tried to lift it and couldn't even budge it. Doc had to have a forklift to move it. lol
  • edited December 2010
    oh, i forgot that detail, sorry :D
  • edited December 2010
    When Marty tells the Doc about how Einstein took Edna's shoe, he notes that its odd because Einstein usually doesn't attack anyone unless he has a reason to.

I suspect we'll find out that reason later on... and the hint given by the Doc suggests its possible that he was instructed to, or coaxed to, by Marty or someone else travelling back to 1931 again. Or it can be something that happens in the next episode, before they travel back to 86.

Also, if Doc Brown ends up forming some partnership with Edna, I'd guess that Einstein's future is in question, since Edna hates dogs and prefers cats (as its pointed out). I'm also guessing that the dream in the beginning is some echo from a timeline that had to be created just in order to be erased, in some sort of paradox.. and that Einstein plays a big role in the story.
  • edited December 2010
    redfish wrote: »
    I suspect we'll find out that reason later on... and the hint given by the Doc suggests its possible that he was instructed to, or coaxed to, by Marty or someone else travelling back to 1931 again.

It can't have been Marty because he wasn't there. Time-travel in BTTF doesn't work in a loop.
  • edited December 2010
    It can't have been Marty because he wasn't there. Time-travel in BTTF doesn't work in a loop.

Though I agree with you, there is one very suspiciously looking moment - the way the newspaper goes through the bars when Marty starts to dig - it doesn't look like it was lying there and some tremor accidentally pushed it, it looked like someone on purpose has done that. It kinda bugs me a bit (though maybe that moment in particular doesn't have much to do with Time Travel, but who would push that particular newspaper other than time travellers?)

Though, I want to point out that some loop-like stuff is possible, if we by any chance don't follow the Marty Prime, but some kind of Marty A or B. But as far as I understand we still follow Marty Prime in the game (and we will have to avoid the ex-Marty Prime in the second episode).
  • edited December 2010
    linorn wrote: »
    Not quite right. There ARE predestination loops within the trilogy!

http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Predestination_paradox
  • edited December 2010
    I thought, from the opening sequence, when Einstein didn't come back when he was suppose to one minute later, he ended up in 1986? Because in the films, the car is destroyed and he has a wife with kids and everything? So something in the timeline changed.
  • edited December 2010
    econojo wrote: »
    I thought, from the opening sequence, when Einstein didn't come back when he was suppose to one minute later, he ended up in 1986? Because in the films, the car is destroyed and he has a wife with kids and everything? So something in the timeline changed.

The opening sequence was a dream. If Einstein and the DeLorean had come from the Twin Pines Mall experiment, then Edna's shoe wouldn't have been in the DeLorean and Marty would have needed plutonium to refill the DeLorean.
  • edited December 2010
    He hopped in using his paws.
  • edited December 2010
    Mino_Dan wrote: »
    Not quite right. There ARE predestination loops within the trilogy!

http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Predestination_paradox
    However, several minor details deal with the predestination paradox. For example, in 1955, Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) discovers that he is the one who inspired Goldie Wilson, his town's African American mayor in 1985, to run for office by accidentally informing Wilson of his future in 1955. Also, by playing "Johnny B. Goode" at the 1955 high school dance, Marty becomes responsible for Chuck Berry's rock and roll composing the very song that Marty would learn to play. His friendship with his future parents led his mother-to-be into thinking that Marty is a nice name, implying that Marty inspired his own naming.
    Wow, I can't believe that paragraph is on Futurepedia, because it's completely, utterly WRONG. Marty didn't originally cause any of those things to happen. Goldie originally became mayor without Marty's involvement. Chuck Berry originally wrote "Johnny B. Goode" without Marty's involvement. His parent's originally named him Marty without Marty's involvement. By traveling back in time, Marty only becomes the new source of this information, not the original source. And if Marty had never traveled back in time, those things still would have happened. There are no predestination paradoxes or time loops in "Back to the Future". None.
  • edited December 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    Wow, I can't believe that paragraph is on Futurepedia, because it's completely, utterly WRONG. Marty didn't originally cause any of those things to happen. Goldie originally became mayor without Marty's involvement. Chuck Berry originally wrote "Johnny B. Goode" without Marty's involvement. His parent's originally named him Marty without Marty's involvement. By traveling back in time, Marty only becomes the new source of this information, not the original source. And if Marty had never traveled back in time, those things still would have happened. There are no predestination paradoxes or time loops in "Back to the Future". None.
    You are not thinking 4th dimensionally. The whole point of a predestination loop is that the origin of something is untraceable. Pretty much like the "Hen and Egg" problem.
  • edited December 2010
    You are not thinking 4th dimensionally. The whole point of a predestination loop is that the origin of something is untraceable. Pretty much like the "Hen and Egg" problem.

The reason he's arguing there's no predestination paradox in the movies is because it wouldn't make sense with the other ways in which they're making time travel work. Marty disappears whenever he changes events so he can't be born, suggesting that his actions in the past change his future. However, if he changes the past so that he's never born, he never has that future where he goes back into the past, and the past is never changed. Pre-destination paradoxes would break everything.

The only way pre-destination paradoxes could not break everything is if the person who goes back into the past is 'owned' by some different timeline, and it would be impossible to erase himself by his actions.

However, I still don't know how they could avoid it. If Marty in the past wants to send Marty in the future a message, I don't see why it couldn't work. Maybe it would cause the 'disruption of the space-time continuum' consequence Doc Brown was warning about when he suggested that the same person from two different times should never meet the other.
  • edited December 2010
    It is traceable, though. On the original timeline, Goldie decided to become mayor by himself, Chuck Berry wrote "Johnny B. Goode" by himself, and Marty's parents decided to name him Marty by themselves. On the "new" timeline created by Marty going back to 1955, Marty now becomes the new source of these ideas. Marty is simply bringing this information from the future back with him to 1955. He was never the original source of the information. Marty could have just as easily caused Goldie to not become mayor by telling him that information ("Mayor! I don't like the sound of that! I'd rather be president!").

Predestination is an all or nothing proposition. If Marty had originally grown up with cool parents who were inspired to name him Marty by this guy they knew for a week in the 50s, and also heard stories about how Goldie Wilson and Chuck Berry were inspired by some kid, then went back to the 50s and realized he was that kid, that would be predestination (and essentially this is what happens to Marty-A, who we see at the end of BTTF going back to 1955). But, because Marty originally grows up with loser parents, and lives in a world where Goldie Wilson and Chuck Berry got their own ideas, it is not predestination that he would go back to 1955.
  • edited December 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    It is traceable, though. On the original timeline, Goldie decided to become mayor by himself, Chuck Berry wrote "Johnny B. Goode" by himself, and Marty's parents decided to name him Marty by themselves. On the "new" timeline created by Marty going back to 1955, Marty now becomes the new source of these ideas. Marty is simply bringing this information from the future back with him to 1955. He was never the original source of the information. Marty could have just as easily caused Goldie to not become mayor by telling him that information ("Mayor! I don't like the sound of that! I'd rather be president!").

Predestination is an all or nothing proposition. If Marty had originally grown up with cool parents who were inspired to name him Marty by this guy they knew for a week in the 50s, and also heard stories about how Goldie Wilson and Chuck Berry were inspired by some kid, then went back to the 50s and realized he was that kid, that would be predestination (and essentially this is what happens to Marty-A, who we see at the end of BTTF going back to 1955). But, because Marty originally grows up with loser parents, and lives in a world where Goldie Wilson and Chuck Berry got their own ideas, it is not predestination that he would go back to 1955.

Yea that too. You can't really have a pre-destination paradox in any scenario where you can change your own past.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.