How did Einstein get in the Delorean?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    im kinda confused as to how the delorean exists still... Sorry if i missed this somewhere else on the forums... If the delorean is destroyed by the train at the end of bttf3, then how does it just appear in the 1st game episode?
  • edited December 2010
    yanke108 wrote: »
    im kinda confused as to how the delorean exists still... Sorry if i missed this somewhere else on the forums... If the delorean is destroyed by the train at the end of bttf3, then how does it just appear in the 1st game episode?

The gigawatt overload that occurred when the DeLorean was struck by lightning in 1955 created a temporal duplicate of the time machine, sending one back 70 years to 1885 and the other forward 70 years to 2025. While going on a temporal joyride with his family, Doc somehow learned of the time machine's duplication and arrived in 2025 in time to prevent Griff from stealing it and mucking up time.
  • edited December 2010
    A predestination loop doesn't negate the possibility of changes within the timeline!!!

The Terminator Saga is the best example for that.
  • edited December 2010
    The Terminator Saga is the best example for that.

The Terminator Saga is a time travelling mess. The first movie is a clear case of predestination loop, the second one decides to make changes in the timeline, and the third one makes said changes to be a kind of a 'delayed' predestination loop. It's so inconsistent I really wouldn't use it as an example.

And no. Predestination loop negates the possibility of changes within the timeline. Watch 12 Monkeys for example. Whatever you do in the past to change something, what you will do there has already happened and affected the future, and you can't really do it any other way (so effectively there is only one timeline) - hence why it's predestination, hence why it's loop.
  • edited December 2010
    Farlander is right. 12 Monkey's is the perfect time traveling movie.
  • edited December 2010
    12 Monkey's is the perfect time traveling movie.

"12 Monkeys" is the perfect example for a predestined-future time travel movie, where everything done was meant to be and there's no way of changing it.

"Terminator 3" needed to end that way because "T2" meant a paradox at the end.

BTTF has another kind of time travel, where the future isn't written.

Back on Topic, Einstein is depicted as a very intelligent dog and Doc is a genius, so I see a device to let him in plausible, but I remain skeptical.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.