who does doc not learn?

GuruGuru 214GuruGuru 214 Banned
edited January 2011 in Back to the Future
after all that happend in the three movies with the timeline messing up and needing to be fixed how come doc still travels through time before the game?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Because the game would have been pretty boring if he didn't. :p
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Because the game would have been pretty boring if he didn't. :p

Like how boring these forums would if saucer didn't come back again and again, armed with a new strategy everytime, only that it'll inevitably get him banned anyway.
  • edited January 2011
    after all that happend in the three movies with the timeline messing up and needing to be fixed how come doc still travels through time before the game?

Because the fact that he built a time traveling train for his family to travel in at the end of BttF III implied that his fascination with the past and future was still in full effect and that he and his family would continue to live while traveling through time...which is exactly what happened.

Remember what he said at the end of the last film. "You can't keep a good scientist down."
  • edited January 2011
    Serious answer is I think part of him still thinks he can be a silent observer..
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Serious answer is I think part of him still thinks he can be a silent observer..

Well not exactly "silent", given that
    he and Clara want to send Jules and Verne to college during a different time zone
    . Totally NOT something a silent observer would do.
  • edited January 2011
    Well... from one point of view, when you marry a woman who should be dead and have kids that should not have existed, it would be more logical to live like ghosts to preserve the timeline better (after all, who knows what the hell your family may do in the future?), and, ironically enough, what better way to live like ghosts (and preserve the timeline) than not settling in one particular time period? After all, heck knows how much Doc has time travelled after BttF3, one mess up in 1931 seems forgivable, and as far as I know before that they didn't change the history in any notable way.
  • edited January 2011
    Farlander wrote: »
    After all, heck knows how much Doc has time travelled after BttF3, one mess up in 1931 seems forgivable, and as far as I know before that they didn't change the history in any notable way.

Nope...that honor was handed over to Marty...as usual.
  • edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    Like how boring these forums would if saucer didn't come back again and again, armed with a new strategy everytime, only that it'll inevitably get him banned anyway.

What new strategy?
  • edited January 2011
    Nope...that honor was handed over to Marty...as usual.

Well, Marty messed up BIG time. But Doc did got himself caught in prison (and eventually killed). I think that's a mess up.
  • edited January 2011
    jp-30 wrote: »
    What new strategy?

Disguising himself as other forum users this time.
  • edited January 2011
    Farlander wrote: »
    Well, Marty messed up BIG time. But Doc did got himself caught in prison (and eventually killed). I think that's a mess up.

What I meant was that Doc didn't really alter the timeline in any major and damaging way, while Marty did.
  • edited January 2011
    This thread is honestly quite creepy.
  • edited January 2011
    Creepy as in you get all weak in the knees because of how awesome we all are?
  • edited January 2011
    its okay for doc to go in the future and live because it cant change but if he goes in the past any conversation could mess up everything
  • edited January 2011
    Guys! The thread's starter is a fake GuruGuru! look at his post count! He/she's not "GuruGuru214", he is "GuruGuru[space]214" ...

EDIT: Oh, Farlander apparently mentioned that ... how do you know he's Suserfoot?

Mods, please don't ban him now, let me get an answer from him, I just sent a PM asking him if he's Sauserfoot ...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2011
    GuruGuru 214 is DEFINITLY not Saucerfoot.
  • edited January 2011
    So why did he say he indeed is in a reply to me? You mean he was just, Joking? ... :|
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Nope.

Thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.