JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited February 2011 in Back to the Future
bttfep2.jpg

Back to the Future: The Game
Episode 2: Get Tannen!

Now available!

Download it from your Games page!

Watch the trailer on YouTube!

Learn more about the series in general from the official Back to the Future The Game website, if you want.

So its probably out now if you're reading this! I suggest go playing it, or sitting here talking about it. Whichever you guys want :)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Unexpectedly, it's out. Discuss.
  • edited February 2011
    NO time to discuss, must download and play!
  • edited February 2011
    I just randomly decided to check to the telltale website a few minutes ago and saw that it was down. Google told me about the leak of the trailer and now I am miraculously downloading the episode. Completely unexpected.

Yay!
  • edited February 2011
    Damn it!! I was just about to go to bed too!
  • edited February 2011
    Woohoo! :)
  • edited February 2011
    Huh. Downloading now, I guess.
  • edited February 2011
    Can I download it threw the Episode 1 start up deal, or do I have to go to the My Games deal and get it from there?
  • edited February 2011
    Ashki wrote: »
    Can I download it threw the Episode 1 start up deal, or do I have to go to the My Games deal and get it from there?

I don't know. I'm downloading it through My Games as we speak.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Woo hoo! I'm downloading it now! I can't wait. :)
  • edited February 2011
    I don't know. I'm downloading it through My Games as we speak.

Guess I'll find out. I need to redownload episode 1 anyways since it was deleted with everything else in the system restore.
  • edited February 2011
    Huh, talk about a surprise. Now why am I stuck on the crappiest computer in the house just as the episode launches? DAMN YOU, FATE!
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, I was trying to look at the forums and kept getting the "Under the Knife" message. I was like "Huh, they usually only do that when they're uploading a game but Get Tannen! isn't supposed to come out any time soon. Then bam and I was like :D
  • edited February 2011
    Curses! I need to get to bed and I have a test tomorrow. This wait is going to be torture!

At least I'll be able to play tomorrow, though.
  • edited February 2011
    Well, it both came out of nowhere AND killed the site the entire day. Is that a first?
  • edited February 2011
    Maybe to avoid the "It's 0:00 in my awesome country and still no game I WANT MY GAME TELLTALE TOOK MY MONEY AN I HAS NO VIDEOGAME!!" kind of thread.
  • edited February 2011
    I wish I had more time to plan!
    Pam, cancel all my appointments!
  • edited February 2011
    Downloading now... I guess I won't be sleeping tonight!
  • edited February 2011
    Trying to download it, but the servers do seem to be swamped.
  • edited February 2011
    Just downloaded it - luckily I have nothing to do this afternoon/evening except a doctors appointment... Back in time I go!
  • edited February 2011
    Strange that there was no mail or anything about the episode sent to me at least.

I also noticed the whole site was down yesterday and kind of were suspecting this, but interesting that it's suddenly out now. I'm starting now, hopefully there are less typos in this one.

And I hope Telltale releases an updated episode 1 now that corrects all the typos.
  • edited February 2011
    Oh huh. I guess I should play that.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm about an hour in and so far its much better paced than episode one, a little easy, but very interesting so far.
  • edited February 2011
    I just downloads ep. 2 and there no picture in just but the credits are on there and the BTTF logo but no game just the voice, it's pitch black?
  • edited February 2011
    I just check the file's size with the one I were downloading 6 hours earlier ... They are the same! So it really WAS out 6~7 hours ago!
  • edited February 2011
    Hey! The thread it back! So I wasn't hallucinating!

EDIT: First!
  • edited February 2011
    someone please help!! it's encountering problems and there's no picture even at the fron menu the's setup and the logo but no Delorean?
  • dradra
    edited February 2011
    I've downloaded it 6 time's and it won't come up it won't even let me get to the first game what i do wrong
  • edited February 2011
    Second (for the second episode: so I WIN :P)!

I suppose I better finish the first one now. Haha. At least I can buy it on iPad.
  • edited February 2011
    Wow, no warning, bam! it's out. Being a ninja, Telltale is doing it right :)
  • edited February 2011
    I can see several changes that have been made since the first episode. For example the town seems more lively now.

Shame that there are still those typos there that were in many places in Ep1 also.

"afaid" "mechnanism"

Einy / Einie etc.

There was one line of young Doc that I couldn't hear any audio for, but I saw the subtitle and Doc's lips were moving...
  • edited February 2011
    Nevermind I got it working, I love it so far, very Mind Twisting..LOVE IT!
  • edited February 2011
    Wow did not expect it this fast! Awesome, installing it now! Is there also a way that pc users can get it working on the ps3 without having to pay again?
  • edited February 2011
    And they claimed it was scheduled maintenance on Twitter :) nice to wake up to the announcement that it's out. Now to download and play :)

Time circuits activated!
  • And i'm the first to report i've finished the episode!
  • edited February 2011
    This was a nice surprise to wake up to. Something good to play tonight after school! :D
  • edited February 2011
    Well, I, for one, am not pleased with the "surprise" release.

I mean, of course I'm happy to play the new episode.

But, part of the fun is the wait, the slow mounting of activity in the forums, etc. etc.

You should know when it's a few days to Christmas... it's just not the same if you wake up and "*BAM!*, it's Christmas!! Merry Unexpected Day!!"

Just my 2 cents.
  • edited February 2011
    SOMEONE ows me an apology.
    Told you it was coming out yesterday (US Pacific time).
    It is about midnight now on the west coast.
  • edited February 2011
    downloaded, finished, ahhh another month....;)
  • edited February 2011
    About 11hrs ago I noticed that the website was down. Then I though to check out the game launcher that what it says about Ep2. "Now Available". First it didn't start to download, after 30min of waiting I tried again and it started but didn't install after download. Downloaded it again and the same thing. Then I went through my hard drive and found the downloaded installer exe and installed it manually and started playing. Took me 2.5hrs and five cups of coffee to get through the game :D

It's 11:47AM here now, I got through the game around 03:30Am and went to sleep. I suppose I'm one of the first to clear the episode ;)
  • edited February 2011
    I felt it coming around 8 pm yesterday when I saw the site was down. Checked out Steam around 12 and there it was! Finished the game by 230 am! Now I'm sad I have to wait again.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.